“An Excellent place for a Windsor adventure”
Review of Langton House

Langton House
Ranked #7 of 23 Windsor B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maui, Hawaii
“An Excellent place for a Windsor adventure”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was delighted to find Langton House which was referred by a friend in the area. Having lived in Windsor many years ago, it was wonderful to find Langton House perfectly located just around the corner from St. Leonards road and Peascod St., which leads directly up to the Castle. The bedroom was fine, the private bathroom had a very nice shower, most welcome after walking all around Eton and Windsor all day.
The hosts, Paul & Sonja Fogg were extremely well-informed, friendly and effortlessly competent. The full English breakfast was delicious.
I had two very pleasant days as a guest at Langton House and I feel like I now have a home away from home for whenever I'm next in he Windsor area.
I can thoroughly recommend this lovely old Victorian house as THE place to head for the next time one is in Windsor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
foggbloke, Owner at Langton House, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
All the best
Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Austin
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We toured around the UK for 2 weeks and this was by far our most favorite place. Paul and Sonja Fogg are wonderful hosts and our room was perfect. Also, they are within easy walking distance of the heart of Windsor. I also loved the small guest kitchen with tea and cookies, sink, refrigerator and microwave. Chef Paul made a terrific full English breakfast for us every morning or porridge if we wanted.

Room Tip: Room 4 is perfect.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
foggbloke, Owner at Langton House, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back here again some time.
Regards
Paul
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I absolutely loved staying here for business, I felt like I was at home as soon as I stepped in the door. Paul and Sonja are fabulous hosts and they made me feel very at home. The breakfast was fabulous and they cooked whatever you fancied. There's a kitchen upstairs where you can make drinks any time you like, and the beds are very comfy, I slept so well! All in all it was lovely to stay there and I'd recommend it to anyone going to Windsor either on business or just for the weekend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Close to the city centre, good service, most comfortable bed ever, everything super clean and nice. If there is anything bad to mention is that we were expecting a bath and it was a shower instead (but we did not check if there was one before). Breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Paul and Sonja Fogg are marvelous hosts. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return any time in the future. Our room was spacious, comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor. I recommend that room for its convenience.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Titusville, FL
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Only stayed one night and were exploring Windsor Castle and town most of the day but we were given the door code (in advance) to drop off our bags and kindly met when we got in later by Paul. The train station(s) are a bit of a walk and the nearest pub is a few blocks away but the quiet night's rest and good breakfast were just what we wanted. There were repeat guests staying there as well, so that says more than anything else, I believe. We actually took a cab from the train station and had it wait while we stored bags then it took us directly to the Castle (10 pounds total) which put us ahead of schedule for the day and very worth it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed at the Langton House for 3 nights by myself from 9 November and thoroughly enjoyed it. Paul was very helpful and was able to point me in the right direction for things to do while in Windsor. Breakfast was fantastic and the location is great and within 10 minutes walk of Windsor Castle. Rooms were very clean and I would have liked to have stayed longer but they were fully booked for the weekend. Have no hesitation in recommending Langton House.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo