“Good quality food at a great a price”
Review of Oakley Oriental - CLOSED

Oakley Oriental
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Previously Red Lion public house, Oakley Green
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have visited the Oakley Oriental many times over the last few months with friends, and have never had a bad meal. Food is always hot and fresh and the beer is always cold.
The service is always with a smile and " enjoy your meal"
The only option I ever consider is the all you can eat. There is no other option.
Great value for money and look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went here for the first time last year based on budding reviews from my friends. I have to say I had a really nice evening, great food which was extremely well priced (all you can eat). The staff were really friendly and approachable and therefore would definitely recommend a visit.

All in all, great place, great food, lovely atmosphere.

1  Thank billios12
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was amazed at the price and quality of the "all you can eat" offer and the fact that you can order anything from the a la carte menu and it is cooked freshly.

The staff are very friendly and they even have beer for £2.80 before 18:00 if you can get down there early, which I will be in future.

The only slight issue is that you can not walk or use public transport to get here so you need to drive or jump in a cab.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The title of the review says it all really - the food was nice enough, some dishes were really nice, others a bit bland. The service was no better than okay, too - only seemed to be one person doing all the serving and it was often quicker to go to the bar to make contact!
But the garden is lovely with room for children to play, and they didn't mind us bringing dogs into the garden, too.
Always slightly suspicious of big restaurants that are totally empty - just us and two other parties in the garden! And pretty much the same the last time we went, while our friends said the same when they'd been for takeaways!
All-in-all, it was ideal for our large group of two families, even if it doesn't live up to the highest of culinary standards

1  Thank stevefowler
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The "Oakley Oriental @ Ye Old Red Lion" could perhaps be said to be misnamed, as Ye Old Red Lion is really no more. The premises have been quite stylishly converted into a restaurant with a nice mix of old and new features - black tile floors, old warped roof beams, small linked rooms, low arches, and clean white walls.

Service was friendly and attentive. The food was really pretty good, much better than I'd usually expect to find in a Chinese restaurant outside of a big city. The lettuce wraps with mixed vegetables and the bean-curd with green peppers and black bean sauce were excellent.

There is an "all you can eat" option for £18.95 per person (cheaper midweek or for kids) including everything on the menu, but it may be cheaper to just order a-la-carte depending on whether you're really hungry or not! Like most places, you can't take away what you didn't eat if you pay the "buffet" price.

I'd happily recommend this place to friends - we'll definitely be going back!