“A gem”
Review of Fitzroy & Bailey Cafe Deli - CLOSED

Fitzroy & Bailey Cafe Deli
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a Sunday afternoon when we visited and everything looked delicious. We were only drinking coffee but were successfully tempted by allure of the cakes, which we realised were baked in the premises basement as the glorious smell wafted up and made us want to eat even more. The sea salt and caramel brownie melted in your mouth and we moaned out loud as we scarfed it down. The blue berry youghurt cake was smooth and creamy. The coffee was fabulous. The salads looked fresh and smelled wonderful. This will be my first picnic stop in the future. I hope they do hampers. And I'm not sure what they keep in the refrigerated shelves that were blocked off but I am hoping it is cheese and will be investigating further.

3  Thank ladawncp

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We walked past this little place a couple of times but were tempted by the cakes in the window. We were helped in with the buggy and not left to struggle which was a lovely surprise. My husband ordered soup which he found very tasty and plenty of it. I had carrot cake which was outstanding. I have had this cake in many places but this wasn't far the best. The staff were friendly and helpful a d we were made to feel very much at home.

3  Thank brownarny
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I visited this small cafe looking forward to handmade food. It is very lovely inside and the interior looks reallly good. There is a relaxed vibe and the staff are very friendly and polite and helpful.

Its just that I was really hungry after the bus ride and was looking forward to the food.
When eating the chicken baguette I bought, the bread was already going off and was certainly not fresh.
I will not be visiting my cafe again, I am afraid. It is a real shame and it is not pleasant eating bread that is going off.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Really tasty food and cakes - the owner told us most of them are home made.
Nice atmosphere, friendly service, great quality food and cakes.
The best place we tried in Windsor!
Found it by accident and had lunch and cake, and found out they sell ramen on that night, so we went back in the evening to have ramen which was excellent. We will go back anytime for it.

2  Thank Msalter
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This newly opened deli / cafe has brilliant coffee and food (especially the cheeses - best spot in Windsor for cheese, I'd say). The food is made on the premises and is super fresh and tasty. There aren't many tables at the back, but it's a good spot if you can get one.

As others have said, the coffee is marvellous and much better than the local competition. Chocolate brownies were a high point, and they had that lovely home-made rather than shrink-wrapped flavour.

Although there aren't dozens of tables, it's definitely very relaxed and there is absolutely no rush to be moving on to free up a table.

It's great - worth trying if you are anywhere near the castle and need a coffee and bit to eat.

4  Thank duck_or_grouse