“Delightful, friendly, best lunch I've had”
Review of Limes

Limes
Ranked #19 of 248 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Limes dine in bakery Windsor, pop in for a sandwich, cup of tea, slice of cake or afternoon tea. We serve lots of lovely breakfasts and lunches. We also offer baking classes, bespoke cake making, & catering services.
Twickenham, null, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful, friendly, best lunch I've had”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

A shopping visit with my sisters led us to this hidden gem. Welcoming and really friendly. Food freshly made and a range of hot and cold dishes. We all had different dishes (which we shared, as we do.) Everything arrived at our table together and was hot! Real homemade food that was reasonably priced. If in Windsor its a must, would recommend highly.

Berkshire, UK
“Excellent Homemade Food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

What a find Limes is, I work in Windsor and only recently found this little gem, hidden on the cobbled streets by the castle,if you’re looking for somewhere to go for lunch in Windsor look no further, prices seem fair to me for Windsor and certainly not a tourist trap.

Ok so I’m a coffee snob, I hate to admit it but it’s true, Limes do a great latte, but it’s the food that sets this place apart from the other places. Everything here is made fresh and you can tell (there always something cooking when I go in). I love the daily hot specials and my personal recommendation would be try Jerk ‘n’ bake if it’s the special of the day (just leave some for me). I love the cakes; the carrot cake is one of the nicest I’ve ever had, the huge scones are delicious too.

I think the lovely ladies that are always in there might be the owners; they are friendly and above all amazing cooks. Yes there is a negative about this place…. that there aren’t more places like this; I’ve recommended to local family and friends too, this is now my favourite place to go on my lunch break!

“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I popped in for a quick lunch after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and weren't disappointed. Even though it was a Saturday we were the only people there but didn't feel uncomfortable as a lovely relaxed feel and the lady working there was lovely (she even gave us some recommendations of where to go for dinner) We both had paninis which were delicious and obviously used fresh, good quality ingredients. They came with a homemade dipping sauce each which was a nice touch. I was so tempted by the amazing looking carrot cake but Jan diet didn't allow! All in all a lovely little place, thats perfect for a quick pit stop.

2 Thank Kate L
London, United Kingdom
“Limes - left a bitter taste!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

With my husband In Windsor for a long weekend and decided - based on TA reviews - to go to Limes for a quick snack.
Overpriced, poor quality, tasteless food and bitter coffee. Surely, it must be possible to do better than this.

3 Thank partygirl101
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Lovely home cooked lunch”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had a wonderful bowl of soup here on a cold rainy day. They claim that everything is home made on site and it would appear as such. The soup was really lovely and the soft chunk of bread that accompanied it was just like your gran would make. I also took home some cookies and cake, which were tasty after our evening meal. Although the prices seem a tad high for a deli/lunch type place I think it makes up for it in the excellent quality.

• Visited October 2012