“Terrible lunch; do not order lunch items”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Windsor
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I write reviews to rave about good experiences, so I should also write a review about the rubbish lunch my friend and I experienced today at the Windsor branch of Patiserrie Valerie.

We arrived about about 2pm on a Sunday afternoon. As neither of us had had lunch yet, we ordered some lunch items. My friend ordered the burger, which was not good, the meat pattie was tasteless (though meaty) and my smoke haddock fishcakes were pretty bad - very salty mashed potato; there was hardly any fish. We both sent our dishes back. The two waiters we spoke to said that no food was made in the premises. I think their food procurement is rubbish. That and possibly also the food storage - my friend thought the burger was gross, possibly olut of date but I couldn't tell if that was definitely the case. Having read some of the other recent reviews, it seems other people have also experienced crap visits. To be fair, we were offered replacements or other dishes and we ordered croque monsieur with ham. It was so-so. But I have had better salad and presentation at another branch.

Lesson: don't stray from cakes here I guess, though they are not cheap. This company gives a more upmarket image, well based on my visit to this branch, it fails and the burger and lunch dishes are not worth £10 each.

Up side: toilet was quite smart and clean, though there is only one toilet.

1  Thank Oakz

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I have been to quite a few of these and have been impressed by the quality of the cakes and the continental vibe. Not this place. The waiter wasn't paying attention and allowed us to order things that it turned out were not available. The tea was wrong and the cutlery and jugs dirty and the milk jug was so badly chipped it was insanitary.
When we pointed it out to the waited he just shrugged.
Last visit to this chain for me, shame cos the Danish I had was lovely

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good location, central to the heart of Windsor. Comfortable seating, excellent service. Tables not always cleared giving a slightly messy look but having said that it also denotes a busy eaterie.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

the place is pretty durty...the pastries used to be good...not anymore...the Staff...let to desire...now one Supervisor has left...

Reviewed October 8, 2012

As a regular visitor to Windsor with its great variety of restaurants I thought that this chain would do well here which it does due I suspect to the large visitor element. The food is great but the appalling service and lack of proper management lets it down. Arrogant staff and so called kitchen mix ups again ruined a family brunch. The place needs some effective strong management but I suspect with the visitor numbers they really do not worry too much.