“Tasty authentic food”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visited this restaurant mid week between Christmas and new year. We had a warm welcome from the staff and the decor was colourful and inviting. We went for a set menu option that you can pick yourself.... 4 mezzes, 2 mains and two desserts for around £54. We found this good value for money. The food was very tasty, fresh and authentic. We would recommend a visit to this restaurant.

1  Thank Kam_Lall

Reviewed December 12, 2012

As a local who really enjoys Middle Eastern cuisine, I visited Lebanese nights on the strength of the Trip Advisor reviews looking forward to finding an alternative to our usual drive to London for the pleasure. We eat Middle Eastern food at least twice a month and it's so familiar I have not yet reviewed the restaurants we normally visit.
I visited with my family on a week day evening and there was only one other table of 4 customers in the restaurant. The décor is brightly coloured with hanging lantern lights and coin edged shawls tied around the chair backs. I can imagine that if the restaurant was full of people plus a belly dancer on a Friday or Saturday night it could be quite atmospheric but unfortunately that wasn't the case when we visited. It was cold as there was a problem with the heating and the manager apologised for this.
I was very surprised at the cost of the food which was actually more expensive than the best Lebanese and Persian restaurants we have visited in central London. What was really disappointing was the quality of much of the food. Some of the starters were good-the tabbouleh, falafel and Moutabal but the kibbeh filling was poor in taste compared to our London experiences.As a family we love kebabs but the Mashawi Meshakaleh (cubed lamb,chicken and minced lamb kebab selection) and the Reish (lamb chops) were poor quality. The meat was tender but the lamb did not taste fresh and the chicken was bland. This was not the succulent tender, delicious meat that we had expected. We had also ordered kouzi but the waiter apologised for what arrived as he said the chef had forgotten our order. The dish tasted as though it had been hurriedly over- microwaved as the rice was rubbery and the general taste was greasy.
A visit to the toilets also had minor points that didn't impress-I had to fiddle to lock and unlock the door of the ladies toilet as the sliding catch knob had broken off-I hope they mend it before a busy weekend. The service was polite and pleasant but not exceptional in any way. We only saw two members of staff.
The many 5 star reviews this restaurant has make me think that perhaps the head chef had a day off or that they had had a few very quiet days and had pushed the food use by date to the safe maximum. Maybe a busy weekend is the best time to visit to get an experience that reflects the reviews. I hope the management read this because I'm sure they will want to ensure that all their customers have the same good experience. Maybe we will try Lebanese Nights again on a weekend -otherwise -London it is.

2  Thank SuzieQ62
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great restaurant , wonderful food. The most gracious and helpful staff you could ever wish to meet. And on Friday and Saturday nights a belly dancer to entertain you.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Really nice restaurant, great food and atmosphere, went on Friday night and there was a belly dancer. Will definately return.

Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Last night a group of us (8 in total) went out for a birthday meal at Lebanese Nights as it sounded good and none of us had tried it before, let me say now, it was the best decision ever!

The food was perfectly cooked, brilliantly presented, and quite well priced £70 for my wife and I which was for a bottle of house wine, 4 beers, 2 shots of sambuca (naughty), 2 starters and 2 mains. Friday and Saturday night's they have belly dancers in which was very entertaining and they got us all up showing us the moves!

The staff were very helpful and nice to chat too, my only criticism would be that we did have to ask a couple of times for drinks and remind them but it was busy so I wouldn't hold it against them.

All in all a brilliant night and we will definitely return without a shadow of a doubt!

2 thumbs up! :-)