“Good, Clean with pleasant and helpful staff and close to centre”

Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
Edinburgh
“Good, Clean with pleasant and helpful staff and close to centre”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This Hotel is well situated to visit Windsor. There is a car park and the rooms are clean and well provided. The staff were most helpful and our room which had two single beds was comfortable and a good size. The shower was in a good sized cubicle which was appreciated. Breakfast the first morning was a bit busy and food seemed to be in short supply but the other mornings breakfast was fine. We will stay there again as it is excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A very nice holiday inn, the staff were friendly, the room was nice and clean, the aircon was not too noisy.
Breakfast was average but then again its included in the price of the room which makes in good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2013

There is much to like about this hotel. It is in a great location, very convenient to Heathrow and a short 10-minute walk to the center of Windsor and Eton, where there are numerous shops and restaurants, in addition to Windsor Castle. The surrounding area is attractive, clean and easily walkable. The facility was built recently, so it's still spiffy around the edges. It's in the flight path of Heathrow, but the windows were sufficiently insulated.

The staff was wonderful at check-in - very efficient and customer-oriented. My room was a double with a sofa bed and desk. The bathroom just had a shower stall. There were plentiful electrical outlets throughout the room, which was definitely a plus. The Internet code expired every 24 hours and it was a bit of a hassle to have to renew it every day (instead of maybe once during my entire stay), but the staff were happy to provide two codes - one for my laptop and one for my phone.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was quite nice - scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, cereals, yogurt, fruit and breads. It was far more generous than I expected. There was also an in-room coffee maker. Some people have commented that the beds were too soft. They were soft, but not overly so in my opinion. I also liked the variety of pillows from which to choose.

The only drawback - and it was a very minor one - was that the elevator was really slow. There only seemed to be one for all three floors, but it also seemed to plod along. Other than that, I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel and it was even better considering the advance-purchase rate I paid, which made it a great value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to your recent stay at our hotel, we thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted the experience met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Please be assured that all your positive comments will be shared with the team. We endeavour to improve areas where possible either within our short or long term plans for the hotel.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I checked in with my wife late one afternoon and was hoping for a cosy room, competent staff and bed you could fall asleep on.

The cosy room was family room with disabled facilities and an adjoining door to the next room. any illusions of privacy were quickly dispelled, when we caught the family show next door.

I sought to change the room and was advised hotel was fully booked. Although this sounded a reasonable reason, closer inspection of our room card, shows that we had originally been booked into another room on the third floor. the room number was scribbled out and our new room number added by hand. The manually amended room card highlights just how lazy and or incompetent staff are. For future reference team, ignorance is bliss.

So I reason that the 'hotel full' excuse only applies to last person to check in and not the last person to book. So bear that in mind, if you don't want to 'share' your room

Well after night out on the town, we returned to room settled into bed and found that the mattress the supportive qualities of a sink hole. We spent most of the night, waking up and trying to clamber up the sides of the mattress to the edges.

I have stayed in various levels of hotel, this was the only one that left me feeling that I got ripped off.

Room Tip: Get there early
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John W
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback. I am sorry your stay was disappointing. I welcome all comments to help us continue to offer a good service.
I would appreciate if you could kindly get in touch with my self with reagards to this issue.
Looking forward to speak to you in the near future.
Gehan.J.Dias-Bandaranaike

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is located between heathrow and slough. The immediate area is very drab and not very exciting. However, is very close to Heathrow airport and can also be used as a base for visiting Windsor.

Room Tip: Lower floors are easier to get to
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam,

Further to your recent stay at our hotel, we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is 10 mins from central windsor its quite easy to get lost. The place is clean and free 2mb wifi. I want to know is what is with the blue light Its in the bathroom. Some idiot was banging on the roof in there room as i was trying for some quiet.

floor 1 not recommended stay at the top no roof banging.

Stayed October 2013
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback. I am sorry your stay was disappointing. We welcome all comments, which gives us a better opportunity to improve & to help us continue to offer our guest a positive experience. Could you kindly get in touch with me so that I am able to get more details regarding your stay.
I hope we are able to welcome you back under more favourable circumstances, with the possibility of proving our improved services.
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed October 10, 2013

better than the rest of the windsor center hotels since its new, got a cheap rate as well, no room service (since its a holiday inn express)
the building was new or modern looking, better than the creaky hotels in front of the castle

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paulomb
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.
I shall pass on all of your feedback to the team here as I am sure they will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for the positive feedback regarding our rooms and facilities in comparison to other hotels in the area.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Yours sincerely,