“Great Hotel, Great location, Great staff, Great time!”

Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed September 18, 2013

On arrival to the hotel we were greeted by the receptionist, Milo who was friendly, passionate and extremely knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Our room can only be described as something you would expect from five star accommodation, everything was spotless, the bed extremely comfortable and the bathroom with the walk in double shower was designed to an extremely high standard. All members of staff went that extra mile to make sure our stay was comfortable even to the point where we were visited by a member of staff who asked us if we were happy with the room and if we needed anything else! This was much appreciated. The free breakfast was far from basic with fresh fruit, cereals, self service cooked breakfast, fruit juices and pastries, however the coffee has to have a mention here....go for the cafe latte! In all a great hotel, thank you and we look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: We were in room 103 which had views onto the main road, (not noisy) double walk in shower, flat scre...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlisonClements1
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Ms Clements,
Thank you for sharing your positive comments. I will share your feedback with my team, who will be delighted to hear from you.
We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you are visiting this area of the country then this is as good a place as anywhere to stay. It is well situated and reasonably priced. The hotel is fairly new so the rooms are all clean and tidy, although I was a little disappointed in the cleaning staff as they did not replace our towels or replenish the tea and milk. The car park is limited and can fill up if you arrive late, but you can park on the street from 8pm to 8am for free so all is not lost. It is a 5 minute walk and you are in the main area of Windsor with plenty of good quality restaurants. We used the hotel as a base to go to LEGOLAND and it was only 10 minutes drive to the attraction. Staff were excellent, this was one of the better Expresses that I have stayed in around the world. Enjoyed our evening meal, too, although it is basic, it hit the spot after a hard day at LEGOLAND with a 3 year old grandson.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was slightly bigger than the others.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments, which I will share with my team. Please be assured that your comments with regards to House Keeping issues have already been directed to the Head House Keeper who will look into matters and ensure that a process is in place so that such shortfalls don’t re occur.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here as we had booked to go Ascot Races. Friendly staff, very nice room, great shower, comfy bed. Short taxi ride approx £4.00 into Windsor to the bars/castle. The taxi to Ascot 20mins £ 15.00 e/w. Breakfast was ok, not a great deal of choice but was all very nice.
Would recommend and stay again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam,
Thank you for your encouraging comments which will be shared with my team. Please be assured that we are currently looking into improving our breakfast standards and to further enhance our guest experience.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Central location, free overnight underground car park. Although only one small lift so be prepared to wait. Pre booked through booking.com and on arrival found the room rate to be the same so I didn't really save anything by booking online. The kids were happy with the popcorn and slush puppy machine in reception. Kids meals very much over priced for what it was, my youngest had beans on toast which would of cost around 10p although I paid £3.00 for.
The décor in the room was fab, we stayed in room 115 great walk in double shower, although the rubber mat could of done with replacing, very yellow!. The net curtain smelled of smoke!
The soap dispenser was broken and I also found a false eye lash and a screw in the tissue box!!
Nice flat screen tv, comfy pillows
My four year old nearly cut his foot open on a palm sized piece of broken glass in the bedroom area - naughty house keepers not vacuuming properly but we did stay on a Sunday evening so they may well of been really busy from the Saturday night, although a housekeeper should have good attention to detail when cleaning! the glass was very large!!
Breakfast was breakfast, usual things to choose from although I think a lack of hot food (no bacon or mushrooms) nice hot chocolate out of the machine and latte too.
I left a bottle of Clinique face wash in the shower cubicle which was full, on calling the hotel not surprising It was not handed in!! So also housekeepers dishonest! I wouldn't mind if it was just a little bit left in the bottom of a pound bottle of face wash but it was a large full bottle which cost me £20!!!!! hope the housekeeper gets soap in her eye!!!!!!!!!
But yeah on the plus - nice décor that's about it really!

Room Tip: room 115 has a lovely shower room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Madam,
Thank you for your feedback. Please note that Customer Satisfaction & positive guest experience is what we strive to achieve.
We are sorry that you had to experience such issues in your room. All issues raised have been related to our Head House Keeper, who will ensure that the matter is dealt with accordingly.
We hope that this experience does not put you off from staying with us in the future, and that you would give us the opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I attended a birthday party in Windsor. I arrived at this wonderful hotel and was greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. I was pushed for time. The staff sorted my room out and anything I needed. After returning back from the party the staff were still smiling and ready to make my night complete. I will most definitely be returning to the holiday inn Windsor again. Great location close to town. The rooms are great and have all the amenities you need. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Swindon1313

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments which I will share with your team. It was a pleasure to have served you and your guest.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Really polite and helpful staff. Very friendly which is nice when you are a lone traveller. Bedrooms are clean and fresh. Excellent nights sleep. The express breakfast works very well and was very filling. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your valuable & positive comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My son and I stayed here for 2 nights. The purpose of our trip was to visit LegoLand. I couldn't fault this hotel at all . The staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Location is excellent. It was adequate for our needs.
The only fault I would have would have to be the toaster at breakfast, I have a bigger one in
my kitchen !!
I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I shall pass on all of your feedback to the team here as I am sure they will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you also for the feedback regarding the Toaster, we will look into this and look for ways of improving the process.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,