“friendly and clean”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Carlton, United Kingdom
“friendly and clean”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I had stopped at the Holiday Inn Express in Reading a couple of times a few years ago when visiting my son so, hearing that one had just opened in Windsor where he now lives with his new wife and baby, we decided to try it. Our expectations were realised. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms and all public areas were fresh and clean. A good selection of cereals, fruit, juices, breads etc for breakfast, though the hot selection - sausages, scrambled egg and baked beans - was basic. Very conveniently located for town centre. Only major, ongoing drawback is the lack of a car-park. Fortunately the staff were very helpful in finding us a space, but if it isn't remedied by the busy season it will be a real problem. Otherwise good value for money

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I shall pass on all of your feedback to the team here as I am sure they will be delighted that you found them to be so friendly and the hotel lovely and clean, just as it should be!

Thank you also for the feedback regarding our location and facilities. Unfortunately yes, the car park is still out of operation at the moment as we continue to carry out essential upgrading and maintenance in this area.

Thank you again for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Karen A. Johnston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped for just the one night last week. After reading some of the reviews about parking and customer service I was having some reservations about staying at this hotel. Yes, possibly the parking could potentially be a problem but we managed to park down the side road opposite the police station and were told by the receptionist that we could stay there for as long as we wanted. This turned out to be very useful as we spent the following day in Windsor itself and would have had to pay a fortune to park in a public car park. The hotel itself was very comfortable, although the bed was a little soft for my boyfriend and the room was very clean and modern . The breakfast was more than sufficient with a small choice of hot and cold food. The hotel was in a reasonable position and you could easily walk to the centre of Windsor in 10-15 minutes. I would also like to say that the customer service was great. We spoke to a couple of people on reception and both times were dealt with in a friendly and helpful manner and were given some useful information to help us with our stay. I would definately stop here another time if we ever visit this area again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and that you found our team here to be so friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in such a super location to visit many of the nearby attractions or to just take a stroll into the Windsor town centre.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

surrey-england
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hotel very new & fresh & very convenient for the centre of Windsor
Breakfast basic but very nice
Staff very courteous & helpful
BUT there is no car park as stated & no parking spaces anywhere near the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank terreus
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was pleased to see that you found the hotel to be in a great location and the staff to be friendly and helpful. I shall certainly pass all of your comments on to them. Wiith regard to the car park, we hope to have this excellent facility open and available for our guests to use as soon as possible. In the meantime, there is on street car parking to the front and side of the hotel. Next time you stay with us, please don't hesitate to ask Reception for further information.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived on a snowy Sunday - there was only the disabled space left but friendly reception let us use it.
Locals tell us the carpark floods- the water table is 2' down.
We had a room on the front, were not bothered by traffic noise but short nights because of the planes- they stop after 11 & start at 4.30. But that is Windsor for you. Real estate is lovely but staffing seems to be a problem- three new members of staff in our stay. Our room was not serviced at 5 p.m. The charming house keeper did it herself, making herself late on her first day!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and I shall pass your comments on to the team. With regard to the car park, we hope to have this excellent facility open and available for our guests to use as soon as possible.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Wincanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We use Holiday Inn a lot and frankly this new hotel in Windsor ranks amongst the best we have stayed at. As I understand it, the hotel opened in September 2012. The decor is modern, crisp and very clean. The staff we so friendly and helpful, everyone was enthusiastic and wanted to help. This our second stay there over the winter 2012/13 and I do believe there were teething issues as there are with all new hotels but these have been sorted out now, in fact our last visit must have been about 2 months after the hotel opened. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the town and castle with lots of restaurants nearby. We used the hotel the night before departing from Heathrow Airport and it was so nice not to be stuck in an airport environment, the restaurants nearby were great and a vast selection. We found a private car service (taxi type) which cost us 20 GB pounds to Heathrow. Frankly I could not fault this hotel.

Room Tip: Use this hotel instead of staying at an aiport hotel when departing from Heathrow
1 Thank Tony504146
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team to be so helpful and friendly. I shall pass all of your comments on to them.

The location of the hotel is excellent for lots of nearby attractions as well as Heathrow and yes, lovely not to be stuck right by the airport.

We do believe the teething problems of any new hotel opening are behind us and I am so pleased you could see the difference from the last time you stayed. I hope this will bring you back to stay with us time and time again!

Kind regards,

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Excellent value, within walking distance of castle and shops etc. Staff very friendly and helpful .Rooms and hotel in general very clean .Breakfast adequate. Would recommend this hotel as an excellent base for visiting Windsor and district

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We are in a great location for visiting Windsor Castle, the shops, etc and also additional nearby attractions like Legoland and Thorpe Park are great choices for next time you visit!

I shall pass on your feedback to the team at the hotel who will be delighted you found them to be so friendly and helpful.

Canterbury
Reviewed January 28, 2013

£69.00 For a double room with breakfast, wifi and parking. Not bad in central Windsor.
The carpark is still not open, but the hotel has an arrangement with the Police Station next door, so you can park on the road beside it on the double-yellow lines and not get a ticket, until the car park is sorted.
The hotel is bran-spanking new, so no complaints about the room. I was surprised that the bed was nearly as comfortable as one on a Cunard Liners. Which is where I set my benchmark for hotels. Nice double shower and plenty of work surfaces for all those nick-nacks.
Breakfast is very much first-price: Tinned fruit, bland eggs, sausages and the coffee and juice, well much the same. But hey, just walk up the road and have a nice breakfast. After all you have just had the complimentary copy of the Independent newspaper. I ate the continental breakfast and it did not kill me.

I only stayed the one night, but found it a very good travelling hotel and good value for the money.

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and found us to be great value for money.

In addition to our FREE breakfast and FREE newspaper that you enjoyed, we also offer FREE WiFi so we hope you will enjoy this other benefit next time you stay with us.