“A fantastic family treat!”

Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel the night before we visited Legoland and the kids were amazed from the word go! We stayed in a pirate themed room which had every last detail and the kids enjoyed their 'treasure hunt' which ended with treasure in the safe. We visited the pool for an hour in the afternoon which was good fun. We had our evening meal in the Bricks Family Restaurant which was okay for buffet style but was expensive. We will definitely return given the chance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had promised the kids a night at this hotel at the end of the holidays as a treat, so despite the extortionate cost I felt I had to deliver.

And it really is extortionate. We are two adults, a nine year old, an eight year old and a one year old. What with the baby, if we all stay in the same room no one gets any sleep. So we went for two interconnecting rooms. They were nice enought but no view at all, overlooking the back of the hotel, and came in at £730 for the night. OK, this got us breakfast and entry to the park, but seriously: £730? I could have got rooms at the Ritz for less.

When I booked the rooms I was told I had to pay for them in full there and then. I'm not aware of any other hotel that does this.

The money was taken from my credit card, and then I heard nothing. No confirmation, no details. A few days before we were due to go I tried to contact them. The only number they give you is a premium rate one, and you stay constantly on hold racking up more cash. So eventually I gave up and got the concierge service from my bank to deal with it. An email (with the wrong name in it) eventually followed.

The hotel is bedlam, but then you expect that. You probably don't expect to have to check in after 3pm and leave before 10am the next day. For £730. A bargain.

We arrived at 11am and they looked after our luggage for us - an efficient service - while we went to the park. This in itself is not what it's cracked up to be, but that's not the hotel's fault. Lunch at the hotel was perfectly decent, as was the buffet dinner. The cocktails were not, you should avoid.

Staff were uniformly delightful and friendly. The lego treats in the room were a nice touch. Direct access to the park is a bonus.

But lunch and dinner took the overall cost to almost £1,000. It would have been even more, because they overcharged me to the tune of £320 on my credit card after we left and only agreed to refund it when I called them to complain.

I guess some people wouldn't baulk at this. But I do.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matthew_Rhodes
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We took the kids for a treat to stay at legoland hotel for 1 night expecting a really fantastic experience but were very disappointed.

Staff were not very helpful, room was average and there was a lot if work being done while we stayed. To make it worse we were in a room that was on the way to bar/restaurant so there was a lot of noise.

For the amount we paid £300 I do t think it was worth it.

One positive is that the buffet in the restaurant was brilliant and gave a lot of choice for adults and kids.

For £100 less you could go to Chessington and have a completely different experience, I know this as we did this 2 weeks after legoland stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Happydays_Bath
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent stay at legoland hotel the rooms were great themed rooms a kids paradise breakfast was excellent to the kids play area fab pool fab a little small mind you but overall enough for a weekend break all in all my daughters favourite place!! Worth a visit

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Legoland Hotel Windsor in August. We stayed in the Kingdom Rooms they were great very well themed. Food was great and we had breakfast and our evening meal in the hotel. We would stay at this hotel again even if we were not going to the park.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Legoland Hotel with our 3 boys, 7y, 5y, 3y for 1 night as part of a 1night 2-day park package over 2 weekdays at the end of the school holidays.
This hotel has a massive amount to offer families and has clearly been very well thought out.
All the staff we encountered were friendly and eager to help. Check-in and out were ultra slick, the room was ideal and we loved all the little extras. Our family found the food, breakfast and dinner, to be better than adequate. There was a great selection and plenty of healthy options if we felt that way inclined. We used to pool which was pretty small for the number of people and there wasn't much room to move around but it was clean and warm.
Our biggest gripe was the general cleanliness. It looked good to start with but then I noticed that our bedspread was covered in marks, including a big muddy footprint. When I pulled the children's duvets back I noticed that the beds were not really made, the base sheet was simply folded in half and laid on the mattress. When we were shown to our dinner table we found ourselves walking in the last customers dropped dinner, and not just a little bit either. The response of the staff when I mentioned these was typically charming and helpful but I just felt these basic things should not be an issue when we were paying £500 for the 2 days.
Our boys had a fantastic time and the hotel is really good fun, I just really don't think it warrants the massive bill.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went to the hotel for my sons 9th birthday, he is a huge Lego fan, check in was a bit slow but the children loved the Lego to play with and the mini figures on the reception desk.
We were in an adventurer room, like Indiana jones, the lifts are themed, the toilet doors are themed, the whole of our floor was adventure themed, the Lego figures on the walls of the room were amazing.
The children enjoyed the treasure hunt and finding some treasure, Lego toys.
There was a box of Lego for them to play with and they had there own tv in there separate area, they could be watching a movie in there area, whilst we watched a different movie on the other tv.
We have three children and it is one of the few hotels that caters for us all in one room.
We went to the pool, the children loved the splash pool, and water guns, the main pool could be a little bigger with seats around.
We ate in Bricks restaurant, it is a bit expensive, but the choice and quality are really good with soft drinks and hot drinks, and tablecloths you can colour in, as well as a play area and loads of fantastic Lego models to look at.
We really enjoyed our visit here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 40lulu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Holiday Inn Express Windsor
#2 of 2 in Old Windsor
2 mi away
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Been to Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!