“Amazing stay”

Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Legoland hotel over the May bank holiday and were a little nervous having read some recent negative reviews. The hotel was absolutely amazing. As soon as we walked through the door our luggage was put into storage for us (and was already in our room when we returned from the park) and check in was simple and took minutes. The receptionist was very friendly and keen to help us get into the park as quickly as possible. We were in the park by 9.40am and straight onto one of the two rides which open early for hotel guests. After a full day in the park we returned to experience the hotel. The room was brilliant - spotlessly clean and great fun for the kids. They had a little treasure hunt quiz to do and lego prizes in a fun safe. The main bedroom had a double bed and then a separate area with bunk beds and a pull out for the kids. We were able to order a film for the kids after dinner on their TV and watch what we wanted to on our TV. The bedlinen was luxurious quality and the beds very comfy. Lots of towels in the bathroom which was also spotless (comments on tripadvisor relating to cleanliness - we didn't see any dirty areas at all). We had dinner in Bricks restaurant which has also had some poor reviews. In our experience the food was excellent quality, hot, fresh and a huge range. There were absolutely loads of servers who were busy clearing plates and making sure the buffet areas were tidy and well stocked. This was the same at breakfast as well as dinner. The dinner was £18.99 per adult and £7.99 per child for dinner. This was very good value considering the range of choice available including soups, salads, main courses, ice creams and toppings, desserts and a lovely selection of quality cheeses and biscuits. As much pure fruit juice, water, milk, fizzy drinks and tea and coffees were available too included in the price. There was a lot of fresh vegetables and fresh fruit to choose from and you could eat as healthily as you wanted to with chicken, fish and roast meats on offer as well as more "fast food" type items such as ribs and chips. There was evening entertainment for the kids in the form of a "party" with singing and dancing led by legoland staff while parents could enjoy a drink in the bar in the vacinity. Our kids decided they would prefer to play on the X Boxes available in the childrens area so we still had an hour of adult time while the children were safely occupied within sight. We only booked the "standard theme" room - I am not sure what you get for the "fully themed" rooms but to be fair there is little else you would need. I don't think I would pay extra for a view of the park as you spend all day in there anyway. We will definitely book again - an amazing weekend. The queues were long in the park but what can you expect on a bank holiday which was also featuring a Star Wars special event? We just planned what was most important and did those things first and then picked out from the quieter activities later. And the Star Wars characters definitely added to the atmosphere.

Room Tip: we were opposite the lift and next to the entry to the restaurant on level 2 which was really handy...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane W
There are newer reviews for Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My Family had a one night stay at this hotel on Wednesday 4 April 2013, we loved the adventure room and found it to be a great experience and despite being a bit pricey we felt it was ok as a one off treat.

We used The Bricks Restaurant in the evening of our stay and it was very very busy( Easter School Holidays), the food on offer was more or less what was to be expected from this type of resort and at the time we had no complaints. The Restaurant thou seemed to be heavily understaffed and tables that had been long vacated where not cleared in a rush, there was food all over the floor and no real effort made to clean it up.

We had pre-paid for our meal at the time of booking which did not include drinks. On leaving Bricks we paid for our Drinks and luckily I paid using a Credit Card.
Three weeks after our stay I was contacted by phone at home by the Hotel asking about my unpaid drinks bill from The Restaurant!!!

If I had paid for those drinks by cash I would not have had any proof I had actually paid, and being accused of theft is not a nice experience. Luckily I could prove that I had paid and to top it off I am 99% sure I did not receive an apology during the phone call from the member of staff concerned.

I contacted customer services to vent my anger and 8 days later I have now received a bog standard reply and an apology.

In short keep your receipts if staying here!!

5  Thank VanishingPoint72
Reviewed April 29, 2013

we stayed at the legoland hotel resort beginning of April, at first glance the exterior was excellent, the kids were as excited as xmas, however for the price we payed for our rooms 5 adults and 3 kids with 3 rooms at nearly £200 per room per night for 2 nights it was a total let down, the rooms themselves were quite nice but the service we received was 2 star, paying nearly £20 per head for evening meal which was buffett style, the food was nice enough but the tables were full of clutter and dirty plates, no staff clearing after you've finished your starters or mains, we ended up putting our dirty plates on another table to make room for our desserts, when we eventually left the resturant area to go for a drink in the bar, there were spare tables but full of empty glasses again, considering it is buffett style and you get your own meals the staff only had to clear, there didn't seem to be anyone in charge, no communication or anyone running sections, they were all over the place.
if i went back i would book a travel lodge or premier inn.
the park though was excellent with many different ares for all ages, just stay away from hotel

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have had a great weekend at Lego land, however the Lego land hotel leaves a lot to be desired. The pool is closed for the foreseeable due to a ceiling collapse and this was a big disappointment. Staff argued that we had been notified of this by email prior to arrival but all a bit irrelevant, bottom line no pool in hotel. To be fair we were offered a free taxi and admission to local leisure centre which we did use and it wasn't bad.
My main problem with this hotel was the food, it was the worst I have been offered in a very long time. The cooked breakfast was stone cold, the evening dinner was a very poor buffet, if I had paid a fiver a head for this food in a roadside cafe I would have complained.
Rooms fine, staff young but in the main ok, Lego land a great place , but eat anywhere else other than here or be prepared to be dissapointed

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Donduc
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My family stayed at the hotel for one night and it blew us all away. The themed rooms were amazing even the carpets and lift doors!. We had a kingdom room and my son loved it. There was a little treasure hunt to do in the room and a special prize at the end! There was also plenty of lego for us all to play with. Our room overlooked the car park-not the greatest view perhaps but we hadn't come for the view, we were too busy having fun and exploring!
We went up to the other floors 'adventure' and 'pirates' and had a nosey around. There were also daily lego model making competitions. My son entered one and was lucky enough to win a prize, a certificate and some LEGO of course!
We went to the BRICKs family restaurant and yes it was pricey at £18 each for adults but it was an all-you-can eat buffet and included drinks and desserts. The restaurant itself is full of LEGO models of waiters, chefs and other amusing scenes, some of which move! The food was delicious and a good selection for kids as well. There was also an indoor play area for the kids which looked like a castle and there was evening entertainment too. The bar was a little expensive but most hotel bars are!
We were on the 2nd floor and we all had an excellent nights sleep, whether that was down to recovering from an action-packed day I don't know!
Our package included breakfast and it was served in the BRICKs restaurant and again it was all-you-can eat. Another good selection of food and drink and again, all delicious.
We also visited the pirate-themed swimming pool while we were there. It was fantastic fun for kids and adults alike. There was water cannons, fountains and a slide and then a separate pool. It wasn't massive but big enough for us.
The attention to detail in the hotel was amazing and they had really thought about being family friendly. For example, the toilet in our room had two toilet seats, one for children and one for adults. The toilets on the restaurant level had little sinks for kids to use too. Each cubicle door was LEGO themed as were the lifts. The lifts also talked to you but that soon got annoying! The staff couldn't do enough for us. There was even a portering service so we could leave our luggage and hit the park straightaway!
All in all, a fantastic place to stay. Its worth the money, even for one night.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank PrincessSarahLou
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes of posting a good review after reading such bad ones (I can get past not enough tea coffee and little dust)
2 days before we go for my sons 6th birthday I get an email saying the pool will be closed. Arrived early on thur 25th parked no problem left cases with porter got lift key went to the park and was told room will be ready by 1pm
Atlantis and dinosaur ride had no Que. at all
So at around 9.50am we were waiting for the barrier to open so we could be first in the park 10am and the train barriers didn't open we were left waiting for the train to go round eventually after 20min the barriers lifted we were in
No waiting time at all for rides we had a very good time
On returning to the hotel we were caught behind the train barriers again at 12.30 so obviously the ride was still broken
We arrived to the hotel check in checked in and enjoyed our room my son thought it was amazing out of this world
We then went back to the park and then went for dinner at the bricks family buffet restaurant @ £50 for 3 of us
I CAN ONLY DESCRIBE AS COLD WORSE THAN ICELAND FOOD I mean we thought we would try to find something that was edible for the sake of my sons birthday but even he only managed a cracker the chips were hard and fried in dirty oil
food was Luke warm and the icecream was not icecream it was palm oil frozen yuk
We ate a burnt burger from the skyline bar (was either that or nothing) breakfast was equally bad with Luke warm manky rubbish the worst bit was my hubby found mould on his bread that he toasted when handed back to the staff it was like it was common and normal practice they removed the bread and defrosted some more for us yuk
On the second day we went to the park at 9.30 to find that dino ride was shut and only had Atlantis open so waiting with a 6 year old for the park open with nothing else to do

It's such a shame as we have stayed on other Merlin hotels and this amazing hotel is let down by employing Minimum wage staff and not enough of them (refunded for the hotel stay but as I've tried to state my son only turns 6 once)

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Legomad
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had promised the kids that we would stay here once, as they had watched it being built for years. We booked one night, and stayed on the kingdom floor. I was very impressed with being able to leave our luggage with the concierge. We checked in and went straight to the park.
We only ate breakfast, not dinner in the hotel, but the quality and diversity of what was on offer was excellent. The reception staff were not overly friendly, but everyone else was lovely. The layout of the rooms and the separation of kids from adults is very welcome. The bunkbeds/ competitions and hot chocolate for the kids were all great touches.
We were unable to use the pool on our arrival as it was closed due to an accident, but they rushed down the next morning, and had great fun. The lifeguard was very attentive, which is unusual in these times.
I would HIGHLY recommend the hotel.