“The little ones will enjoy - at high cost!”

LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.56*
and up
LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Admission Ticket with...
Ranked #13 of 35 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a theme park dedicated to children aged 3-12 years old. Play your part in a world of LEGO adventure. Plus for the ultimate LEGOLAND experience stay over at the new LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel right in the middle of the park! With over 55 interactive rides, live shows, building workshops, driving schools and attractions, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a unique theme park for the whole family to enjoy.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Let's admit it. A trip to a theme park where there is a toys shop every 50m is bound to create tension between the family. It is best to reach some kind of agreement with the kids before crossing the gates!

On a very hot weekend (those rare ones in the UK) you best start your trip early or you will have to join long queues around Windsor before securing your entrance to the car park. Yes, you read correctly. It's in your T&Cs if you are an annual cardholder like me. Your annual pass does not guarantee you entry at busy times. This means if you get to the park at the same time or even before someone who has a 'day ticket' they will get in whereas you might be asked (politely and with a small bribe of Chessington park tickets, so that you don't make a scene) to turn around and head back home, no matter if you've been a loyal customer for the last X years and have just driven for more than an hour on the M25...

But if you are lucky to get in..
First you have to join the queues for Star Wars Lego. Then walk or take the train down towards the main park; head for a 4D experience in their cinema (lovely); make Lego Heroes figures; oh so many attractions... Couldn't possibly list them all. A new area recently opened (May 2013) with fountains and water slides which is a must for the summer. Be sure to take extra clothes with you!

The food at Legoland is unfortunately less than average and rather expensive for what is on offer.

Not all attractions are open every weekend, to avoid disappointment you should call in advance. I would also not recommend going for annual passes unless you can take time off during the week and really Join in the fun with half the people around.

I do have to say that the pirate show is exceptional, especially given the jumps from the platform up high (8-10m??!!). Ahoy!

Things to improve -

a lot of the staff seen utterly bored.

The food is dull, quality of cages is poor, just open a Nero or Starbucks please in there!

Website needs to be updated with 'traffic news' so parents know to turn around on days when the car park has already reached capacity!

Hope you enjoy your time there!

Write a ReviewReviews (17,821)
All reviews
in 440 reviews
"tesco vouchers"
in 192 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to Legoland 8th and 9th July and had a fantastic time! It was very busy both days but queue times weren't too bad. I'd say the maximum we had to wait was 40 minutes for the submarine ride. We got there before opening on the Tuesday and we managed to get on at least three rides before we had to queue, so get there early if you can. Food and drinks are really expensive but we expected it to be so that was no surprise. We were two adults and a four and a half year old and lunch cost over £20 for hotdogs and drinks! I would say that older kids might find the rides a bit too tame, it's not a theme park like Alton Towers for thrill rides, but perfect for my pre schooler, but there are height restrictions on most rides. My four year old son loved all the rides he went on and was just tall enough to be allowed on them. I liked the idea of having duplo bricks for the kids to play with while they queued on some of the rides, as everyone knows, kids hate waiting! We had two half days in the park and we didn't see everything. We all loved the new duplo water park and it was very welcome on a red hot day, it was busy but not overly so the attraction could be enjoyed. We didn't have any problem exiting the park as we left early both days but i can imagine it would be a nightmare when everyone wants to leave at once. I would definately recommend going to Legoland but just be prepaired to spend spend spend!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful day at Legoland with my Son and his friend on one of the hottest days of the year. The park was welcoming, clean (including toilets, which again did not have q's) and it ran so efficiently that despite it being busy waits for rides and q's were amazingly short. The longest we waited was 25 minutes and we were in the park from 9.45 - 4pm. The only thing that lets the park down is the poor food choices and hideous coloured refillable drinks. But having been before I know to pack well and avoid legoland food. The smell of cooking fat is enough to put you off. That said, I think that the place is fantastic. My son asks to go every year and we have had another brilliant visit. Thank you :-)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Myself and my partner took our 4 year old Son on 12 July. We had free tickets from the Sun newspaper. Good job as it would of cost us around £130 to get in otherwise. Still had to pay for our son which was £39. My son absolutely loved the place and didn't want to leave so it was very good in that respect. However I do have a few recommendations. Bring your own food as you could quite easily spend £50-60 to buy food and drinks for 3 people. Also the rides are not particularly spectacular and don't compare to Alton Towers/Thorpe Park. And the queues are very long and the rides don't last very long. Also I have never heard of a theme park charging a car park fee. This also seemed to cause a lot of congestion on the way out as you have to hand your ticket in and wait for a barrier to be lifted. We travelled 4 and a half hours to get there and I have to say Flamingo Land is much better value and much closer to us up in Yorkshire. At the end of the day though our Son really enjoyed himself and it was lovely weather so it was a decent day all round but I don't think we will rush back.

We also tried to book the Legoland resort hotel but it was gonna cost £322 for 1 night so we gave that a miss.

1  Thank SchinkenOtto