“Don't see what the hype is about”
Review of Hungry Eye - CLOSED

Hungry Eye
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Famous location to celebrate for any occasions.function room. Alfresco seating.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Decided to check this restaurant out due to some great reviews on here.

Distinctly underwhelmed.

The main good thing was the onion starter, which was delicious, and the Nepalese beer (which sadly seemed to be brewed in the UK but was nice anyway!).

I was disappointed that the lunch menu seemed so much less appealing than the dinner menu, which I had mistakenly looked at online. There were also very limited choices for vegetarians- my fiancee is vegetarian.

Some of the staff had very poor English, which we realised when we asked about the mixed starter- we wanted to share it but for the food to be served on separate plates so that the meat and vegetables didn't touch. They were very confused but eventually agreed, only to come back and tell us it was impossible.

Not a bad place but don't see why it gets the attention it seems to.

3  Thank AlexSwallow
willbthere7, Manager at Hungry Eye, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Alex ,
thank you for taking time to review us....i am sorry to know your experience in our Restaurant.
yes we do have lunch menu with selective Nepalese and Continental dishes but all are Cooked to order But Evening menu is always available .
and regarding English Fluency of our staff ...obviously all our staffs are from Nepal and they are all can communicate effectively but sorry as English is our second language....please give us another try and ask for Me (manager) if any suggestions...hope to looking forward to serve you soon.
Krishna Gurung

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant the food is excellent top quality nice sizable portions. We all went for the 2 course meal which was great value for money. Poppadoms to start with, with all the usual sides. We had 4 different starters all excellent (the dumplings were the best though) then 4 different mains all excellent as well, the taste and flavour of each dish is amazing, I’ve had many a curry in my time but this food is better by far. The staff and service was friendly, polite and courteous and always with a smile on their face.Great value for money.
So well done to all at The Hungry Eye I’ve told every body to eat here and I of course will be back again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

After three weeks of working in the area and trying different restaurants, I thought I would take some colleagues to Hungry Eye. Hungry Eye is easily the best restaurant I have visited for a long time in every way. The staff were warm and attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming. Everyone at my table agreed that the food was excellent. And, when the bill arrived, it was 30% less than anyone had expected. I cannot recommend Hungry Eye any higher. I will be returning as often as possible!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the second time in a week I ate at a Nepalese restaurant and the second time I had ever eaten Nepalese. The food is very close to northern Indian food but tastes more refined with subtle flavors and intricate blends of spices that make it quite distinct. We had the recommended "staff's curry" and the Shangrilla Chicken. Both were excellent. You can reserve a table online through Top Table from the restaurant website. Located around the corner from Windsor Castle, Hungry Eye is right in the heart of things. Highly recommended. Great value too ... most dishes are between £7 and £10.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I dined at The Hungry Eye on our last evening in England. When we first arrived and were seated, I was concerned, because we waited a long time without anyone acknowledging us or offering us a drink. My husband finally had to signal to a waiter who came and took our order. However, they were very busy, so it was understandable.

The food was delicious and flavorful, and various wait staff checked on us regularly to see if there was anything that we needed. The evening was a great combination of good food and attentive service, and we fully enjoyed the entire experience.