“Fresh, tasty and charming”
Review of Hungry Eye - CLOSED

Hungry Eye
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Famous location to celebrate for any occasions.function room. Alfresco seating.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Delicious freshly cooked food and totally charming service. I was a guest so did not know what the final bill was but prices looked extremely reasonable on the menu when I ordered my meal. I could not fault this restaurant - brilliant value, immaculately clean and helpful, smiley staff.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went there because this is meant to be the best in Windsor and we where so so disappointed.
The atmosphere was horrible, there was none. We were there for valentines and we where seated up stairs, every couple up there seemed awkward and uncomfortable.
The wait got to us in about 5-7 mins of us sitting which was nice, but then as I was trying to place my order he interrupted me twice and was talking to another waiter..
Then we weren't aloud to order starters and then later order mains, we had to order all at the same time.
Our table was in a drafty corner next to the toilets and a wait station for cutlery that need to be polished.
Our waiter couldn't really explain the menu very well.
As I'm a chef I love my food and I know what is good and what isn't, our started where very disappointing the chicken was dry and chewy. The mains was a massive improvement was still wasn't great. And the dessert, ha!! My friend and I just laughed... You could have at least taken off the plastic dish it came in and plated it nicely!! What a joke!

Won't be going back in a rush!

willbthere7, Manager at Hungry Eye, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Customer
thank you for your reviews but i am bit shocked at your reviews.
as far as i remember and for sure that you have booked for table for two @ 6.30 but you turn up @ 7.20 but we still gave you table .
its Valentine evening and we were fully booked .
as you just order the starter only i suggested it will be better if you can order your main same time will be quicker , later you could wait more for time for main.
but you and your partner just order starter and didnt had main meal.
but we only charged what you had £9.75 for two.
if you have told us about your complaint at same night would have been our pleasure to try our best to resolve.
regarding other couples being awkward or unhappy?
i have not had any complain and all the customer had left with smile and told us to see you again.
hope if you give us another try and let us know about this experience we will try our best to satisfy you.
regards,
krshna

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Excellent food and service with a very warm welcome. Staff are exceptionally pleasant and very helpful. Had a fantastic meal at a very reasonable price compared to other establishments in Windsor. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Only scored atmosphere as 4 as we ate early on a Tuesday evening so not very busy. Restaurant spotlessly clean, staff really friendly and helpful regarding gluten free choices, of which there are numerous. Can not recommend enough.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friend and I visited hungry eye after reading other positive trip advisor reviews and we were certainly not disappointed... The food was delicious and excellent value, and the staff were just lovely. Can't wait to go back!!