“Ok, but very expensive and dry food”
Review of Ayoush - CLOSED

Ayoush
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went along last saturday, big party of 10 people. The welcome was ok, but bizarrely we were told to stay away from the bar as it was too busy (it was empty!).
Service was pretty good and they did make you feel welcome. We had the set menu and I ordered the mixed grill. The starters were ok, nice tasting houmus and babaganouche.
The mixed grill was pretty dry though, I think it had been hanging around for a while.. Some of the other main courses seemed better.

Overall ok, but the drinks were massively over priced and as such we paid £76 a head! I wouldn't have been overly bothered if the meal was of a good standard, but it wasn't.

I think you can do ok with this restaurant, as long as you choose the meal carefully. Tagine would be a safer choice.

1  Thank dizmo

Hi

Thank you for leaving a review. Feedback is important to us and I'm sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations on the mixed grill and cocktail pricing but I'm glad to learn you enjoyed the starters and that guests were generally pleased with the other main courses.

Our pricing is designed to be in line with cocktails offered in the vicinity. We use fresh fruits for our blends and infusions and so there is a bit more prep time but we will look into our competitiveness again. Thank you for pointing this out.

About hanging around the bar, I was informed that there was another party that had booked the bar that was running late and so the staff were trying to avoid a come together of too many people. Apologies for the lack of tact.

Overall I hope that you and your party enjoyed the evening and that you would consider coming to Ayoush again. It's paramount that every customer leaves our restaurant a happy customer, so should you want to dine at Ayoush again, please contact me direct at info@ayoush.com so that I can ensure you are looked after and compensated.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited Ayoush with three friends a couple of months ago, and I was very disappointed. Firstly we were asked to have a drink at the bar, and before we could even order a drink we were asked to move. It took quite some time for our orders to be taken, and when the food arrived the portions were very small for what they cost. The bread was actually stale, we sent it back. I wont be going back in a hurry.

Hi

Thank you for your review and allow me to immediately apologise for not living up to your expectations.

Bread should never have been sent out if baked more than 24 hours before. Reservations are booked for 2hr slots and we cannot turn customers down so we need more tact in asking guests to their tables. Apologies again. I hope that you enjoyed your food and drinks nonetheless.

We have a rule where no customer is allowed to leave the premises unhappy with the overall experience. AlI can ask is that you would consider giving us another chance. Please email me direct on info@ayoush.com should you wish to try us again. Your feedback the 2nd time round would be very important to me.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This restaurant is amazing and outside of Central London, is the best turkish/moroccan food I have tried in the UK. My girlfriends tagine was warming and a gigantic portion. My chicken kebab was cooked beautifully. Even on a busy Saturday night, the staff were able to accommodate us and we chatted to the lovely belly dancer as we waited! One outstanding member of staff was Mo, he was professional, courteous and always had a smile on his face! Some people post negative reviews for the hell of it, understand that this is a busy restaurant in a prime location, I'm sure if you would have spoken up about any delays, they would have bent over backwards to help you out!

Whilst we were here, the managed to serve us and also 3-4 large parties and we didn't notice any delay in service! Overall an excellent experience, the manager said he had a restaurant in London somewhere which I must investigate!!

AyoushTeam, Owner at Ayoush, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Hi Tony

On behalf of the Ayoush Team and Mo, thank you for your positive review.

Members of staff that get mentioned by name is a huge plus and testament to the effort we make to ensure every customer is a happy customer!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ayoush Team

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went on Saturday night after Ascot after loads of other restaurants unfortunately had no tables. Decided to go to Ayoush as I wanted my colleagues to try Moroccon food also realised the restaurant is located in Eton and wanted to go for a walk around there so was perfect. Great location across the bridge and in Eton. Had a table booked for 8 pm but as they were so busy had to sit outside however they did have heaters which was great. Lovely inside.

Staff were very happy and welcoming and very friendly who greated us. Sat down and ordered drinks, the waiter was rubbish, was a complete joke. Took over 35 minutes for diet cokes, no idea why, we asked for a chaser and he said 'sorry we are busy' ermm that busy takes 35 minutes to pour a diet coke??

Starters were amazing, but again took over 45 minutes to come, when it did wasnt that warm so no idea how long it was sat there waiting to arrive.

Main courses was again tasty but took again 45 minutes + to come! The fish tagine was not served in a tagine which is a shame, also the mixed grill I had was £17.50 for 3 skewers!

We did mention to the manager we were not happy with the fact it took so long, he did offer us baklawa and moroccon tea, which was a very nice touch and very very tasty.

Overall would go again but definitely not on a Saturday night, they need around 5 more staff, no excuse they had a party, well be honest to your customers, simple.

Also to top it off they charged us almost £20 service charge, I asked if this could be removed and they said no. Sorry but that is pathetic, service charge for rubbish service! Doesnt make sense.

Hi Husain

Thank you for your review.

I have to start by apologising for the less than satisfactory experience at Ayoush. Yes we were busy but that is no excuse for the length of time it took to serve you and the service provided by our waiter. I apologise again for this. We were simply under staffed that night after Ascot and under prepared for so many people. We have learnt to deal with very busy nights efficiently and there is a more stable core of staff that are trained up to handle high volume evenings. Some other reviews will testify for that.

Regarding the service charge, this is 100% optional and all customers have the right to refuse this charge which goes to our staff. As a business, we are not allowed to insist upon service charge. If the member of staff said this, then I am extremely embarrassed.

Most of all, thank you for not discounting us. I am glad you enjoyed the food and please get in touch with me on info@ayoush.com when you next plan on coming down so that I can make it up to you.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ayoush is definitely my favourite restaurant to dine at.
The atmosphere as well as the friendly staff are what makes it very well worth it.
I have booked here on several occasions, for our leaving/birthday parties and have never been let down.

The food is amazing, staff are always very attentive and friendly. I would definitely reccomend this restaurant to every one, certainly a good evening out.
The belly dancer is very good and interactive with all the customers which makes it all the more special.

Special thanks to Michael for his speciality - The lemon press! This definitely needs to be tried!

Ultimately Thank you Mido and all the staff for making each time very special and for accomodating all our needs.
See you very soon.