“Another great visit to Windsor races.”

Royal Windsor Racecourse
Ranked #10 of 64 things to do in Windsor
Birmingham, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Another great visit to Windsor races.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We did not realise that this was a family day and we were wary, but it was great again. It was very busy and most of the children were well behaved thank goodness. Facilities were great and racing was good too. Will go again

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Why no picnics ?”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We have been going to Windsor racing for years. Never again!!!!
We couldn't have a picnic by our car where we have always gone which is near the entrance for the members and as a disabled driver it's where I need to be.
We could have paid £58 for a car and 4 people to have a picnic in the Silver ring, but alcohol was not allowed and it's a long walk for me being disabled.
So with picnic on board and not allowed to eat it, we made our way into Members from the disabled bays, only to find there was not enough seats for the huge crowd except in the restaurants, but we would have had to buy food to use them. I had to go back to the car to get a seat after only two races. Also, I couldn't gain access to the ladies rest rooms for the queues.
always a problem at this racecourse. As I said, never again. What a rip off.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rena B
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun but expensive”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We bought 'club tickets' so I imagined we would have access to nicer areas with possibly some indoor seating. There is a dress code so I imagined it to be quite posh. It wasn't quite how I imagined- it was raining so quite cold and we had to sit outside so that we could see. The restaurant we had access to was £70 per person for a set menu! We spent most of the time in the normal enclosure which had much more space and cheaper food- I just wished we had bought normal tickets and that I had worn jeans and trainers as I would have been a lot more comfortable and saved a bit of money. The racing was fun, just not what I was expecting in the 'club enclosure'.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank kingkingUk
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Beautiful racecourse, awful restaurant”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We go to the races several times a year and are working our way around Britain's courses. Having never been to Windsor we decided to go for the first afternoon meeting of the year. It was cold and wet...and our anniversary so I phoned and booked a table in the Castle restaurant. It was a la carte and pretty fancy fayre. We were there about an hour before the first race and they had already run out of one of the starters and didn't have a different option. We ordered drinks which when delivered where wrong. Trying to get any attention from the waiting staff was a nightmare. The cost for 3 courses, two drinks and coffee for two people was £175. It was a special occasion, but I hadn't won the lottery, so all in all I'm feeling a tad ripped off.

On the plus side the racing was fab. The course is beautiful. But seriously, daylight robbery for the food.

Oh, and if it's raining and you want to park nearer to the course you can kiss goodbye to £7, yes £7.

My only thought is that as it's Royal Windsor the Queen must take a cut of the profits....may be the corgi's need new collars or something.....Ma'am if you read Trip Advisor - could one possibly sort it out? Cheers.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Loncat
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Evening Racing”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We usually have a couple of trips a year the Irish a Night is a firm favourite.
I know nothing about racing pick the horses by the colour of the jockeys silks!
Food always plentiful and good quality.
Windsor race course is cute and friendly and a great destination, loads of parking.
For a great value for money evening out with a group of friends or work colleauges.

Visited July 2013