1,417 results
All reviews garden wing orchid restaurant windsor great park relaxation room milk and cookies steam room reception staff legoland package lovely grounds beautiful building course dinner changing rooms afternoon tea double room following morning a lovely stay stayed here for one night
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I booked the 'In love at Savil' package for our wedding anniversary. I had booked the executive double room as part of the package, which on the website is described as having garden views and a walk in shower - the room we were given was a disabled room, with a shower over the bath, no shower curtain and a view of the pool roof and the bins. As part of the package a free room upgrade is offered subject to availability - unfortuantely there was a wedding on the weekend we stayed so an upgrade was not an option. However I at least expected what I had booked. I spoke to reception who offered to show me some other rooms, which were clearly not the same grading, although no one mentioned this. We later decded that one of the rooms was prefereable but I had to ask about a discount on the price and it was only then that they told me the room was classified as a classic double, not an executive. They did then offer to discuss the price.
On arrival we were told the package included a glass of champagne each and chocolate covered strawberries, I was pleased that once I informed them of the fact I was allergic to strawberries they offered a bottle of fizz instead. However, we requested it to be sent to the room and half an hour later it still hadn't arrived. We went down and asked for it they told us it has to be chilled for 20 minutes before serving - I cannot understand a hotel that does not have bottles of fizz already chilled??
We eventually got it and it was lovely, along with the complimentary nibbles from the bar (however, we were not offered these it was only offered when we asked if they had snacks we could purchase).
The food in the restaurant was ok at dinner - my husband was not overly impressed with his steak and neither of us could quite believe there was neopolitan ice cream in the baked alaska??? Strange.
The room we were allocated was very hot but they did provide a fan and the bed was comfortable, however I was not pleased to find no hot water in the morning and although not the fault of the hotel we did have children running up and fown our corridor early in the morning knocking on our door!
The spa was lovely, we had a 55 minute couldpes maggage as part of the package, which was fantastic and very relaxing. The pool, jacuzzi and steam room were nice but small and when more than about 8 people were in the area it felt a little crowded - especially as there were only 6 loungers.
Breakfast was nice although we had to remind the waiters we were waiting to be served our tea and toast - then having ordered it, tea arrived but no sign of toast and when we prompted the waiter he seemed unaware that we had ordered any (despite having bought us the side plates, knives, butter and jams)
All in all we did enjoy our weekend break ( was lovely to be just the two of us - child and dog free for the weekend) and the complaints we had we just worked around, but for the price we paid I was a little disappointed. To give them their due they did give us a discount at the end of our stay and there were a couple of staff that stood out as having excellent customer service - however the rest could maybe do with a little more training in customer relations!
I think this place could be much better than it crrently is with a chef who takes pride in his/ her food, an information booklet or something simular in rooms (we weren't given any information about breakfast times etc), fully trained staff and better all round communication.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
savillserviceteam, General Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Dear vikkis82,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Savill Court Hotel & Spa for your leisure break.

We are delighted to understand that you enjoyed your overall stay however we are disappointed that we did not meet with all of your expectations on this occasion, we will share all of your comments with our dedicated team in order that we can maintain our usual very high standards at all times.

We issue a welcome letter to guests on arrival which highlights the opening times of our facilities and the restaurant, our guests have told us that they like this up to date communication as timings can change.

Our executive double rooms have numerous views , we are pleased that our team could offer you alternative rooms , we always try to meet all requests with views however this is not always possible.

We are delighted that we could replace the strawberries you were offered due to your allergy with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and a selection of nibbles for you to enjoy.
We will address the issues you highlighted regarding toast service at breakfast and we will share your thoughts with our Executive Chef Philip Borthwick.

We are pleased that we were able to resolve your complaint before you left the hotel and we do hope that we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

Spent a night in the Savill Court hotel and Spa with wife and two children. We all loved it. Excellent location, near Legoland which we visited the first day and Windsor castle which we visited the second day. The hotel itself is very relaxing and quite, amazing outdoors areas which kids loved. Would recommend the outdoor sitting area of the bar. Staff very professional and friendly, the two ladies at Reception, Krisztina and Ayat were very attentive, friendly and no request was too much trouble. Would love to return and experience their Spa too, did not have time on this visit. The venue also looks perfect for summer wedding parties, would recommend to friends.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Dear Ramadan M,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Savill Court for your family break at legoland.

We are delighted to understand that you loved your experience and found our service team to be professional and friendly, we will share your kind feedback with Krisztina and Ayat; thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

This is the second time we have visited the hotel. It promises so much yet is let down by things that should be put right. We went Ascot week and paid the penalty of exaggerated prices. This I sort of understand as the whole of Ascot does this. Check in was good and reception staff pleasant. The room was very small for premium prices with very little extra yet I suppose it was tidy. It was really more like an attic type room and extremely hot with no air conditioning. Not surprising as it was above the pool and spa. To be fair if we could have changed rooms or hotel. We would of but no room at the inn. The resteraunt and bar staff were excellent. Food was simple but good. No complaints on service. The hotel is worn and weathered and in desperate need of a refurb. Other than that really not worth the star rating as yet. Maybe after the refurb it will be better. Quite annoyed about the heat. I did complain to the duty manager who by all accounts reduced our bill and thank you for that. I did notice they took an extra payment after he had done this and was under the impression he had knocked a night off for our complaint. This was not true as they took the money after we had left. Not a great experience all in all. Would I go back? Probably not. There
are better hotels in the area that are cheaper for Ascot week. Just need to book up earlier.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear cooldad49,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay during Royal Ascot week.
We are delighted that you found our dedicated service teams at reception, the restaurant and bar to be excellent and that you enjoyed our food quality.

We will take your feedback on board for our future developments and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

I can not praise the staff of this hotel enough for their absolutely professional and friendly approach to running our wedding last weekend. We had an absolute ball,everything went swimmingly, the food was great, service super and all without any fuss. I would like to particularly thank Nick Bull the operations manager and Levi who helped us enormously on the day. They both deserve a mention as they shine out as superb.
With our thanks Caroline and Nick

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

Dear caroline w,

Thankyou for your feedback and for choosing Savill Court Hotel & Spa.

We are delighted to understand that you had such an enjoyable experience at your wedding.

We will share your kind feedback with our Food and Beverage Operations Manager Nick Bull and Levi and of course our dedicated service teams in both front and back of house.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

I must admit I was slightly disappointed with our most recent stay, my husband and I had stayed previously for my birthday and had a lovely experience with excellent customer service.

Following this, we booked our wedding night here as well as myself staying night before with some friends and family (Friday & Saturday). I think there was a wedding going on at the hotel on the Saturday, and I feel like this made our stay less important to the staff at the hotel and I thought the customer service was very standard. We had asked if we could have the room cleaned Saturday so that when my husband and I arrived back from our wedding it would be lovely and tidy however, we arrived back and the only thing that had been touched was the bed sheets replaced and a few bins cleaned. The furniture was how we had left it and it all looked very messy. We also had a balcony in our room which was lovely however, we weren't even allowed out on it without a member of staff there at all times - so that seemed a bit pointless. I also tried to call reception a few times and often had no answer - maybe they needed more staff on that weekend??

One good thing though, was that my guests were able to check in to their room earlier on the Saturday at no extra charge which I thought was a nice touch. Also, we were permitted our horse and carriage to arrive to the hotel as well as my photographer, make up artist and hair stylist.

Over all, I thought there would be a little extra attention to detail / better customer service considering this was a very special event for us. But it seems like things were more focused on where the most money was coming from perhaps. - it was a very basic experience and for that reason I don't know if we would revisit again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear hol_UK_94,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Savill Court Hotel & Spa.
We are delighted to understand that you had enjoyed your previous stay for your Birthday and found our customer service to be excellent.

It was our pleasure on this occasion to allow your guests to check in early at no extra charge and to allow you to enhance your experience with the horse and carriage and photographer.

Whilst there was a wedding taking place at the hotel this should not have distracted from your individual needs and we are very sorry to understand that we did not meet all of your expectations on this occasion, especially after we had set such a high standard of excellence on your previous visit.

We do hope that you will choose us again in the future, assuring you of our best attention.