Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
$85
1,804 results
All reviewscar parkhigh streetbar managerexcellent locationlovely hotelsuperior roommain buildingafternoon teareception staffcentral locationexcellent breakfasttwo night stayold buildinglovely roomsconesenjoyable staystayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a reservation at the Harte and Garter but they were over sold for Royal Ascot. They made arrangements for me to stay here. What an unexpected treat it was. I was put in the Annex. The room was very nice with a balcony. I could see the Royal Standard flying over the Castle. The staff were very helpful, cordial....just what you want. This may just out place the MacDonald as my "go to" hotel in Windsor.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear CAtrkr,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments. I hope we can become your go to hotel in Windsor in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With effect from the week commencing the 10th June the hotel is introducing car park charges for residents. The charge applicable to all guests bringing a car with them is £10 per day which is still the best value parking available in Windsor.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Windsor this hotel is perfectly located. We stayed just one night but were able to park up and forget about driving until we needed to go home. All the attractions and restaurants, shops, etc. are within very easy walking distance. There is on-site parking, which not all central hotels have. The bed in our room was very comfy so we had a good night's sleep. I've given an "average" for service and cleanliness as we were woken up very late in the evening by someone to ask about details which had been given on check in and, whilst the room was comfy (and included an iron and ironing board), the carpet was in need of replacement, the wardrobe door was off the rail until we fixed it, the tap in the bathroom had been polished down to base metal etc. It served a purpose and I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sue2000000,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments about certain aspects of your stay and please be assured I will investigate further and follow up on the other points you raise. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

After research for a village location close to Heathrow Airport, the Mercure Castle Hotel Windsor, England was chosen. The location is 'brilliant' as it is nearly across from Windsor Castle and in the center of the town. The Royal Guards actually parade directly in front performing the changing of the guard at the castle each morning! First impression, my friend and I were taken aback by rear entrance by taxi. We each had a heavy suitcase that we could not manage on the high flight of stairs with NO ramp! No doorman either. After check-in, which went smoothly, someone did help with bags at my request. The room was nicely appointed but had no safe, a negative for us with cash and passports, etc. Also, a disappointing view. Very nice bathroom, however. We had a package with dinner and breakfast inclusive which was a wise decision.The entire dining experience was a delight. Highest quality cuisine and delightful staff! The Royal Windsor Theatre was just down the street and we saw an excellent play that had been playing in London for 3 years. Another plus. And a pedestrian street with all manner of shopping is just around the corner. Windsor Castle requires the better part of a day to view properly, but we took a lunch break and received a 'bracelet' for .return same day entry. As most are day visitors, it is nice to spend the night with fewer people milling around. Walking to Eaton, just over the bridge over the Thameswas yet another unexpected treat.
DEFINITELY,THE LOCATION WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR WINDSOR EXPERIENCE!
Also, the front desk arranged for transport to the airport the next morning at a reasonable set fare. All in all a quite lovely find.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear EllenHawkins,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments about the team and your dining experience I will be delighted to share this with the team. I hope we can welcome you back to the Castle hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived a little later than planned for our anniversary weekend, having been detained by both roadworks and traffic on the journey down. When we checked in the gentleman behind the desk was professional but very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We chose a room with a balcony but those who are light sleepers would do well to ask for a room inside the old part of the hotel as they are likely to be disturbed by the planes flying over and it is much quieter in there, although this was not an issue for us.
We went for some dinner and had a quick walk round to get our bearings before coming back and taking residence in the bar. We cannot compliment Andi, the bar manager enough. Such a fantastic character who really made our stay which prompted our return the following evening. He made some very good drinks suggestions and we only hope that the "Paddington Sparkle" makes it onto the cocktail list in the end!
Breakfast was splendid with such a wide choice and nothing was too much trouble for the people looking after you. A seat by the window to watch the world go by and make new friends was just the icing on the cake.
Not one person that I saw working in the hotel was miserable or grumpy. We had a good laugh with the lovely lady on reception as we left and have decided that we shall return here again for our anniversary next year.

Room Tip: If you are likely to be disturbed by the noise of the planes (Windsor is under the flight path to Heathrow) I would suggest a room in older main part of the hotel. There is a lull from about 11pm to 5/6am as well though.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear ElFidget,

Thank you for your recent review. Thank you for your positive comments and feedback about the team, in particular Andi, which I will be delighted to share with them. I was pleased to read you had a wonderful anniversary break with us and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Due to business and personal travel, I have probably enjoyed over 100 nights at the Castle Hotel during the last 20+ years. Windsor and the Castle Hotel are favorite places for me to visit. Service is good and the quality of the food is excellent. High Tea is magnificent! The rooms are small but cozy, and staying there makes me feel like I am a part of history. I even enjoy listening to the old wooden floors as they rub and squeak a little. The hotel has experienced several phases of renovation that are very positive especially to the rooms overlooking the High Street. I highly recommend this hotel if visiting the Windsor and Eton area.
Just a friendly bit of advice to the management....fix the toilets so they work a little more "efficiently"! This is an area of renovation that deserves immediate attention because it detracts from an otherwise special experience.

Room Tip: Try to book a room overlooking High Street if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 4Presleys,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments and please be assured we will look at the points you raise. I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and thank you for your custom for 20 years!