“Another fabulous stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Atherton, California
“Another fabulous stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

After checking in to the annex building, I called the front desk and mentioned that it was our third visit, and I would love a chance to stay in the main building with my two daughters if it was available. Imagine our surprise and delight when Caelle ( the most helpful and lovely) front desk lady upgraded us to the most gorgeous suite!! Staying at the Mecure is like staying with family. The staff is so warm and helpful. The dining room wait staff, particularly Danielle,were fabulous. The food was incredible. The location is unparelled and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear juju1967,

Thank you for posting such a positive review following your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your feedbback with Kayleigh, Daniusa and the rest of the team who I know will be encouraged by this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

David Hayden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Plus points:
Fantastic location, in the heart of the city, opposite the castle, perfect.
Excellect service from staff, everyone was very professional, welcoming and helpful.
The room was of a good standard, all standard room facilities provided.
Free parking in the heart of the city.
Lovely decoration throughout the whole hotel.
Fantastic breakfast.

Negative points:
Our room was opposite the function suite, it was very noisy and a little difficult to get to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away that is not anywhere near their function suite.
Dear Natalie P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. It was pleasing to read your list of postives about the hotel. Please accept my apologies if any noise from the function disturbed your stay with us, we will revisit as a team how we manage the noise at our evening functions. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

berks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in Windsor for 1 night. Position is fantastic almost opposite the castle entrance. Very close to the station, shops,restaurants and the long walk, so lots to do and see. The hotel is divided into the old part on the front, and newer rooms on the back close to the car park.(which is very small so be sure to arrive early if you travel here by car) our room was in the newer part of the hotel we had no view only a brick wall about 6feet from the window and cars underneath. It was noisy at night as staff/people underneath the window talking and cars arriving early in the morning, plus of course the aircraft noise that is constant when landing over Windsor every 1 1/2 mins so take earplugs just in case, there is only a very small window when the aircraft are not landing or taking off during the night. The room was smaller than we expected, with only a 4ft 6 bed in it and the bathroom was the smallest I have ever had in a hotel room very difficult to negotiate round the toilet to the bath/shower and extremely hard to see to put makeup on, the sink was very low because of the layout, also the room had definitely seen better days. The plus was the staff really nice very helpful, responded immediately to my request for peppermint tea bags, I had breakfast in my room again called before arriving to tell me they were on their way, the wake up call was on time. The bed was a bit too small and soft for my liking but the room and bathroom were clean. The bottom line was that the hotel needs a bit of a face lift and we were in the wrong room.

Room Tip: Try to avoid room 415 and any others on that side of the hotel
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear jap5,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read that some areas of your stay were not to your expectation, please be assured we will review the feedback and make any changes we are able to. On the positive side I was pleased to read that that you found the stafff and service to be good. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

A friend and I booked a night at this hotel to celebrate their anniversary and my husband's birthday on 13th Oct. We chose the Mercure based on location and the fact there was no charge for parking. I cannot praise this hotel highly enough. The location is excellent, right on the high street but was really quiet and within walking distance of all Windsor has to offer. We booked this hotel through an agent but on arrival we were upgraded for free to 4 poster bedrooms overlooking the castle and high street which were amazing! The reception desk had arranged for a box or chocolates and personalised card for my hubbie to be in the room which was a really special touch. The little touches, such as flapjacks (instead of biscuits), bottles of still and sparkling water and a teapot really made the difference. Staff throughout our stay were friendly and obliging and nothing was too much trouble. Following one of the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel, we enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast with an amazing array of fresh continental and hot food choices. Although checkout was at 12:00 we were allowed to leave our car in the car park for the rest of the day while we enjoyed the town. I loved everything about this hotel - we had a peek at the Macdonald down the road which is ultra trendy, but I loved the comfy, cosy atmosphere at the Mercure and would definitely stay again.

Dear T0riplum,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your stay with us. I was pleased to read that we were able to provide you with a complimentary upgrade and that the gesture of chocolates and cards from the reception team was appreciated. I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team and hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here one night as I had attended a conference at the hotel. The room was a bit smaller than I had expected but it suited me just for the one night. The bathroom was spotless and the rest of the room was clean. Clean towels, iron, ironing board, extra pillows, tea & coffee making facilities, TV. The bed was very soft, too soft for me but overall had a very good sleep here. This hotel is in a great location, perfect for the sights and shopping of Windsor. I ordered room service breakfast and this was very good. It was on time, food piping hot and enjoyed. Staff were very helpful, cheerful and polite here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AngelLondon_UK
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear AngelLondon_Uk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I will be delighed to share your positive comments with the team and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dagenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have just arrived back from an amazing weekend in Windsor.
I booked this Hotel as a surprise for my Husband as it was our Wedding Anniversary.
On arrival the staff were very helpful, from parking the car to checking in.
When we checked in to our room there was a lovely card and a small box of chocolates to welcome us which was a very thoughtful and lovely touch.
The room was great, breakfast was superb and had a lot of variety and choice.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

1 Thank Sue J
Dear Sue J,

Thank you for posting such a positive review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read what a fantastic stay you had with us and that the team looked after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Grand Rapids, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were looking for lunch on a Friday afternoon in August after touring the castle; seemingly everyone was closed about 2:30pm, until we came across this hotel with 'food' advertised. We went in and were told the dining room was closed, but we could eat in the lounge/bar. The service was very spotty (we 'lost' our waiter for 30 minutes) and wondered if there really WAS food to be had. The presentation was gorgeous, the taste, not as good as it looked. We should have walked a little farther to city center for a restaurant that was really open. We did not stay in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear ealistello,

Thank you for posting a review following your lunch with us back in August. I was disappointed to read that your lunch with us was not up to our usual standard and apologise that this was not the case. Please be assurred we will discuss this as a team and ensure we take the necessary action to prevent a reoccurence in the future.