“a/c not working or not”
Review of The Oakley Court

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 21, 2009

i have stayed in hotels all over the world, Oakley court has been the best place to stay, always a great welcome, even if your a bit tizzy, if you get my drift......

The a/c in the room was perfect, we left it on during the for the first day . The suite was perfect when we returuned, after getting married, the night before with the bride, matron of honour and the bridesmaid, had a fantastic stay, the room was clean and when my new wife and i arrived, all off the night before had been cleaned up, this is a great hotel... brilliant for racing, golf, or just a relax. this hotel is the boll*x, everyone from managers to gardeners are just great

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
OakleyCourt, Executive Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2009

Thank you for your review following your recent stay and very glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction. Your comments have been fedback to team members.

Reviewed June 16, 2009

We stayed for one night after booking on travel zoo, the rooms are all well furnished and maintained. People have complained on this site about air conditioning but i'm sure its just they didn't know how to use it, ours worked fine and besides the windows open.

The food was excellent, really good cocktails (go for a Rocky Horror!). Lovely views of the Thames and grounds.

Swimming pool, spa, sauna and steam room facilities helped us have a nice relaxing stay.

The staff are very polite and helpful and provide an excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
OakleyCourt, Executive Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2009

Thank you so much for your feedback and so glad to know that your air conditioning worked ok. Your comments about my staff are really appreciated, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Mak Robinson

Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed at Oakley Court for one night at the end of May, I booked it on a whim as a surprise for my partner through an offer on Travel Zoo which meant we had room plus dinner for 2 and access to gym etc for a super £120.
When we arrived we were blown away by the gorgeous building and wonderful grounds! Even the new sections have been quite tastefully blended in – although we would have been disappointed to be in a new wing rather than the old house… The room was great, really comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. As others have said on here it was a bit warm and the window’s don’t open beyond a crack so I could see in hotter weather this could be a problem.
Lovely, friendly staff who looked after us extremely well. Dinner was not spectacular but perfectly passable, not quite as to be expected from the website’s boasts about the chef (!) and if we had paid the menu prices rather the inclusive deal I would have been disappointed.
The grounds of the hotel are just spectacular and the green-lit river by night was a perfect place to have a post-dinner brandy!
I would definitely come back to Oakley Court and fingers crossed spend more than a night!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
OakleyCourt, Executive Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2009

Thank you for taking time to feedback and I am glad to learn that you had a "Great Short Stay".Thank you also for the constructive nature of your overall comments that will be shared with our team members.

Reviewed June 3, 2009

Stayed here recently for two nights. The air con in our room wasn't working. It was quite a warm weekend and the room was unbearably stuffy and comfortable, neither of us slept well. More seriously we have a young baby and it is dangerous for them to sleep in such a warm room. We reported the problem and were told they were aware there was a problem and it would be fixed later that day. It wasnt fixed so on checking out we said we were not happy. The response: "Well, you don't generally have air con at home". Is is just me or is that rude?? I don't pay £150 a night to stay at home, and at home I can open the windows a lot wider than in the hotel room. As a matter of principle we won't be returning.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsBB1
OakleyCourt, Executive Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2009

I have read your feedback regarding your recent stay here in the Hotel and am very sorry that you experienced such problems with the room temperature during the very hot spell of weather. Please accept my apologies. The air circulation system has been serviced in rhe past 10 days so your feedback has been broufght to the attention of our Maintenance Department. It is our policy that bedroom windows do not fully open for security plus health and safety reasons. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

My friend and I recently stayed at Oakley Court from Friday night to Monday afternoon. I will start with the negative points but state from the outset that I have just returned from one of the most pleasant and relaxing breaks of my life. (This was - in part - a 50th birthday present). Overall the hotel decor / furnishings are a tad tired and worn, although in the communal lounge areas I found that this added to its homely/ cosy appeal. I was boiling hot and felt stifled in our room, particularly during the night with the curtains drawn. My friend put this down to menopausal symptoms but I think it was dodgy air conditioning. The prices of snacks and drinks dissuaded us from making a night of it in the bar and I am sure we would have spent a lot more time and money there had the prices been just a little cheaper. There was little choice for vegetarians on the dinner menu so we chose instead to go to nearby villages for meals. My friend found the gym rather disappointing although I found its equipment and the smallish sized pool adequate and pleasant (particularly when the weekend guests had departed). (Women are changing rooms beginning to look a little shabby though). So why am I hoping to be able to return to this oasis as soon as possible? The building and its riverside setting is beautiful, unusual, tranquil and designed to instil a feeling of calmness and relaxation. There were too many facilities (mini-golf, billiards, croquet, boating, swimming and gym etc) for us to experience in full. After workouts we tended to laze around sunbathing by the river and reading and experiencing the laid back atmospheres of the several lounge/ terrace / library areas where the staff maintained an unobtrusive but ever attentive presence. There was plenty of reading material whether from the extensive old library or the selection of daily papers and magazines. Flat screen TV, lounging chairs and small fridge with basic refreshments helped us to enjoy quality time in our spacious room, overlooking the river. We were allowed a couple of hours complimentary late check out time, which let us relax and workout after digesting our hearty and healthy breakfast. Without exception staff were courteous, helpful, friendly and efficient and helped us to feel as though we were truly at home in these splendid surroundings. I was particularly impressed that this level of service appeared born of genuine interpersonal skills rather than corporate customer service training. The staff are a credit to the establishment. The grounds too are amazing and must require an enormous amount of work to keep in the immaculate and lush condition that we experienced. I wish I had money enough to return soon (although this was very good value) and can only hope that I another generous friend decides to treat me to such a break. Many thanks to all at Oakley Court for a fabulously relaxing weekend

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElectraCooter
OakleyCourt, Executive Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2009

Thank you so much for the constructive and comprehensive report following you stay here over last weekend. I am pleased to inform you that there are plans in place for specific upgrades, one of which will be the changing facilities of our Leisure Club. Your very kind remarks concerning the genuine interpersonal skills of our staff is so pleasing and will be fed back to the team members. Thank you once again for taking the time to feedback and I hope that you will return to The Oakley Court Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2009

My wife & I stayed at the Oakley Court on May 30 - just before our flight from Heathrow on Sunday. Pleasant staff and a grand hotel, but the room was a sauna. We left the A/C running for 5 hrs ( we got 2 room keys to leave one in the slot to keep the A/C going). Went to Windsor Castle and the room was 85 degrees when we got back. Talked to the front desk - they said the A/C had just been repaired and would send up 2 desk fans! When the bellman came up to the room with the fans, he started sweating! His best answer was to leave the windows open all night (there are black flies out there) and they'd call the heating people on Monday (it's Sat afternoon now & we leave tomorrow for a flight to the US).

I think the hotel is in disrepair. Make sure you pre-arrange a refund if the room is unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for feeding back the air conditioning failure you experienced in your bedroom on Saturday 30th May 2009. In the first instance my apologies is offered as it is not our intention that facilities are not working to the correct standard and I am sorry for this occurance. This will be followed up as coincidentally the 6 monthly service of the bedroom air conditioning did take place earlier that week on Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th May. Your room number will be established and the necessary corrective action will be taken.Lastly thank you for passing on that you found our staff to be pleasant. Mark Robinson

Reviewed May 21, 2009

My wife and I stayed 2 nights midweek, in a Riverview room in the West Wing. The hotel and its grounds ticked all the right boxes, the restaurant for breakfast and dinner was excellent, although pricey for the a la carte. The views from our room were spectacular, with the Thames on one side and manicured lawns all around. The room showed signs of age, and could do with a make over (new carpets, beds, bathroom etc) but was clean and everything worked ok, but probably not to 4 star standard. Do not assume that the 9 hole golf course is a real course, more of a pitch & putt, but a nice stroll round the grounds.
Altogether an enjoyable stay with no real complaints,

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
OakleyCourt, Executive Director at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2009

Thank you for the constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel and we are glad to learn - quote "that we ticked the right boxes". Your feedback will be posted on our staff notice board and we hope that you will visit us again in the near future.