“Great Spot on the Thames”
Review of The Oakley Court

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Spent two nights here at a company team builiding event. There was no need to leave the facility because everything was at your fingertips. The staff was very professional and quickly addressed any of our concerns. The location on the Thames is magical. We where lucky to get a couple days of sunshine on the visit which made it even better. Careful of the breakfast, you can eat too much good stuff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear bkelly62

Thank you for providing your feedback following your recent stay at Oakley Court.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your company Team Building event with us, and that you were also able to relax at times and enjoy our "magical" location.

Thank you for also recognising my "professional" team, we endeavour to always exceed our guest expectations, as we did on this occasion.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was so looking forward to staying at the hotel because of it's film history. The gardens and Manor are outstanding.
The rooms are another story.....I was in the West Wing with a stunning view of the Thames, the back gardens and the Manor. My room looked like a Motel 8....straight out of the '70s. The fixtures were about to fall off the sink in the bathroom, the carpet was dated and stained, the AC made a lot of noise but no cool air. A very big disappointment.
BTW, I paid extra for a "Deluxe" room.
I would suggest just going for lunch or tea. Stay at the MacDonald in Windsor.

1  Thank CAtrkr

Dear CAtrkr

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Oakley Court Hotel.

I am disappointed and apologise that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory, we clearly have a few issues here that you have now noted - it is always very disappointing after a guest has left the hotel that we discover how unsatisfied they were, I am positive that had we been made aware we could have rectified your issues to your satisfaction.

If you return to England in the future please give me the opportunity to show you why by far the majority of our guests leave us very happy.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Ever since I saw the film Half A Sixpence, I was drawn to this place, approx 4 miles from Windsor Castle, this one is not to be missed.

A day out for something special or a booking to stay over, you will not be disappointed.
A grand spectacular building with an essence of everything that is British.

I would imagine everyone would love to mention that they have stayed at Oakley Court Windsor.
The food is wonderful, the service is excellent with staff attending in a friendly relaxed manner. Once you have visited this fine abode you will be making plans to revisit like we have, don't forget to pick up your loyalty card from the bar to receive discounts and offers for further visits.

Room Tip: Over- looking the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toni S

Dear Toni S

Thank you for posting your review following your stay at Oakley Court.

I am pleased that you have highlighted that you enjoyed our "wonderful" food and that our service levels met your expectations.

Please be sure to return to us soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed for one night here for her birthday and absolutely loved every minute. On arrival we were greeted with glass of champagne.the hotel and surrounding grounds and river thames are beautiful. We rushed back from the town to get back for sunset to sit by the river and it looked beautiful. For me this is one of those very few hotels that you will remember fondly! I really hope to visit again and this time have a picnic in the garden. Breakfast was self service. Good selection. Fry up, fruit, cereal, pastries, continental. Staff were very attentive. Just a wonderful stay in so many ways. Missing it already!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire B
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Claire B

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Oakley Court Hotel.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your overnight stay so much, and that you got to sit in one of our deck chairs overlooking the River Thames and watch the sun set.

Yes, please come back and certainly order one of our wonderful Picnics, make sure you give us plenty of notice though as these are picnics are proving very popular!

General Managert

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have just returned from a most wonderful weekend at Oakley Court.
We were a group of 22 teachers celebrating a retirement with nearly 1000 years in education between us. The hotel accommodated us in the most wonderful rooms and with great service and expertise. This is an amazing place in magnificent surroundings on the river, with service and traditional standards that are not often found so close to London. I do not understand how anyone can complain about the Oakley Court. Standard rooms are beautiful, overlooking the car park and greenery, or the river. They have bathrobes and fridges and kettle and tea and coffee and basically anything you could want. Wi-Fi is free and good. We ate in the restaurant on a table of 22 and the organisation and service were truly outstanding. I'm not sure the other guests in the restaurant who wanted a quiet Romantic dinner would be particularly impressed. Next year there may be nearly 30 of us and I suspect a private room is in order! One thing worthy of mention is the quality of wines on the wine list and the reasonable prices . I had a French wine at £23.50 and it was fantastic. I usually drink Chateauneuf du Pape and this was just as good . Breakfast is very good and relaxing and enjoyable. We had some private charters with French brothers who picked us up from the mooring of the hotel. I will do a separate review about them what a magnificent company, so efficient, so friendly and lovely boats. Special mention needs to be made of Kate Dance who was so patient and so efficient in organising our booking. And Chris, who served on Friday nights need a medal. Oakley Court has provided the perfect setting for a retirement weekend. We were blessed with good weather but to be honest the setting, the lounges, the service, the food, all of these things would be fantastic whatever was happening outside. Thank you to the team at Oakley Court. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: All rooms a lovely, the river view is a bonus
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sha1955

Dear Sha 1955

I am delighted that you and your group of 22 had such a wonderful and memorable stay at Oakley Court.

My team and I always endeavour to deliver exceptional service and standards, and I thank you for recognising this element of your stay, as it is so often overlooked!

Your feedback is detailed and thorough, thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

My team and I look forward to you all returning in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We recently stayed at the Oakley Court, albeit only for one night - whilst competing at the Royal Windsor Horse Show nearby. Clearly this is a well-managed and efficient hotel, with extensive grounds and a frontage to the River Thames. Our room was spacious and clean, with all the facilities you would expect from a hotel of this calibre (one minor grumble would be that the toiletries were a little mean!).
We ordered our evening meal via room service, and it arrived in a timely fashion and was perfectly acceptable - as was the continental breakfast next morning. The food was not outstanding, but acceptable.
As we only stayed one night I cannot give a more comprehensive review, but the hotel seemed to be all that we expected.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear GallopingGastroG

Being located so close to Windsor and the annual Royal Windsor Horse Show we benefit from being able to host many of the competitors and visitors this major event attracts - I am delighted that you found your stay to be so good, although I do take on board your comments about the bathroom toiletries.

I do hope that you are able to return in the future, maybe you will be able to relax a little more next time and get to enjoy our other hotel facilities that you missed on this occasion, due to your involvement in the Horse Show.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed here for a small corporate awayday and thought it thoroughly pleasant and enjoyable. We were a party of about 12. OK, the bedrooms are a bit tired and the service a bit Curate's Egg but the benefits far outweigh the negatives. My bedroom was large, quiet and comfortable , the large riverside grounds are delightful and the main building oozes character and is very relaxing.
Our dinner in the evening was beautifully laid out in a delightful conservatory and food and service were pretty good.

This seems to be mainly a corporate conference hotel but there is so much space and so many nooks and crannies that I think a couple on a leisure trip would be perfectly happy.
The location right on the river between Maidenhead and Windsor is convenient for the many corporate offices in this part of the world but also good for sightseeing around Windsor or if you're eating in the Gastro-centre of Bray. It's also quite convenient for Heathrow, although a taxi ride rather than a transfer bus. I would definitely choose this place over other similar hotels like the Runnymede or the Compleat Angler at Marlow.

Room Tip: The rooms are mainly in newish (1980's) blocks away from the main building. The East Wing, where...
1  Thank medocain

Dear medocain

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Oakley Court Hotel.

I am pleased that we were able to satisfy you and your other group members during your company away-day.

You are correct, our hotel allows for groups such as yours and of course for a leisure couple who just want to get away from it all - being so unique and with our adaptable service standards we deliver well against both of these types of guests, as highly recognised by several guest feedback sites such as Tripadvisor.