“Super Staff”

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The staff are friendly and helpful which made our stay really relaxing and enjoyable. The room was well equipped and comfortable although it could do with some brighter lighting in the bathroom. Breakfast is exceptionally good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear huxleylad

Thank you for your 5* review and valued feedback. We hope to welcome you again to The Oakley Court Hotel.

Richard Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (2,408)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

had a lovely surprise visit to the hotel and spa for a birthday treat, outstanding service made me feel a million dollars would definitely visit again.
receptionist were very helpful and informative..

Room Tip: four posted

Dear gemmap

At Oakley Court we strive to provide excellent customer service therefore your feedback confirming this is very much appreciated - thank you.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have previously reviewed the Oakley Court and said that there were some negatives. I have since stayed at the Oakley on and off for almost two years and can only say great things about it.
Firstly the hotel is quite beautiful even if some if the outside building are rather dated the insides are vastly superior compared to most hotels I have had the pleasure of staying at.

The one point to really make here is about the staff. No matter what time of the day or night they are needed they are always fantastic and are the reason why this hotel sits head and shoulders above the rest. I have probably requested everything over the last two years such as toothpaste to shoe shine. I stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago and the concierge even de-iced my car for me!

The girls on reception are all superb but Alistair in particular is an excellent member of staff and is never too busy to help.

Good job Oakley Court. Keep it up.

Room Tip: The rooms above the swimming pool are beautiful
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Andrewsims

Thank you for your 5* review. It's good to read that you found our hotel and staff to be "outstanding". Our staff are our greatest asset and I am delighted to receive your positive comments. Thank you for your valued review and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked one night away as a surprise for my boyfriend’s birthday. On arrival we were given our room key and told that we were staying in another building across the car park (not in the manor house but an annex that there was no mention of on website). There was no offer of any assistance with bags etc. It was raining so we dashed across the car park and discovered that our key didn't work to access the building. I had to run back, queue again and wait whilst staff tried to upgrade the key. Both of us ended up drenched. I was informed the concierge was too busy to assist. When we did finally get into the building there was an arrow showing us that we now had to go through a fire exit (outside in the rain again) and then back into the building through another fire exit. Not a very good lay out. We had a superior double room with no views at all. The room was spacious and clean, however the shower was complicated to use and we spent 10 minutes trying to turn it off!
I had booked the restaurant for our evening meal, both of us were looking forward to this and were expecting the restaurant to be in keeping with the manor house. Instead there was no atmosphere at all. There were no pictures on the walls and ugly air vents. Every table had a candle on it, no-one lit ours so we had to ask. We had to ask twice for my boyfriends beer. The starters and desserts were not very good and I heard another patron complaining too. The waiters were mixing up food orders throughout and didn't know which course we were on. Not a 4 star experience. No-one even asked how our stay was. We would not recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Victoria B

Dear Victoria B

We have a Duty Manager available 24/7 to assist guests or address any concerns guests may have and we always endeavour to address issues at the time as we certainly do not wish guests to leave with a poor impression of our hotel.

I am disappointed to read your feedback however it is very difficult to rectify after the event and my team and I offer sincere apologies for your disappointment.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Delightful stay at a very well maintained, well located, friendly hotel. (However, please note a few negatives...)

My partner and I stayed here as a little pre-valentines / birthday weekend get away. When booking I mentioned that it was both our birthdays, so was expecting this to be recognised, but it did not really matter that it wasn’t.

Positives:
- Beautiful main building
- Fantastic pool, gym, bar, restaurant
- Large, comfy rooms with stunning view of the grounds
- Housekeeping staff are amazing, really couldn’t have kept the place cleaner (especially as some of the bedroom features are old and in need of referb!!!!) Well done & thank you housekeeping staff.
-Lovely dinner & breakfast with excellent service staff

Negatives:
- We were texted the day before to say a glass of bubbly would be awaiting us, on arrival we were handed an un-polished, less than half full glass of warm cava. Honestly, ‘if you’re gunna do it, do it properly’!
- Rooms are in horrible 60s style buildings, certainly not what you see on the website!! Very ugly, need updating
- At breakfast there was an extremely rude man (a guest) shouting at the poor waitress because he'd been left waiting for 2mins. It was horrible. I would have liked to see the breakfast manager, who observed the situation, put a stop to guests like this shouting at his staff, especially in front of lots of guests. I felt so sorry for the girl, the man was truly disgusting & the manager not much better.

Overall, I thought the hotel was brilliant and I had a lovely time - The service was flawless and I hope to return in the spring / summer.
(P.s. please add spa treatments!)

Room Tip: The rooms in East Wing are fine, but it is a hideous building on the outside. I suppose it's bet...
2  Thank D_E_ROB21

Dear D_E_ROB21

Apologies for not filling your glass correctly, your comments are noted. We are pleased you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and hope to welcome you back to The Oakley Court Hotel.

We would never encourage the sort of guest behaviour you describe and thank you for bringing this to our attention - we will follow up internally.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband & I have stayed on a previous occasion , we had already asked for a quiet room with Wi-Fi, when we got to our room, up 4 flights of stairs, no help with our luggage, there was no Wi-Fi, so we changed rooms. the only room that was available was in the East wing, which was separate from the main building. it was quiet and we did have Wi-Fi. We had our evening meal in the restaurant which was very nice apart from the room being rather dark, this may be ok in the lighter evenings but not in the middle of Winter ! The buffet breakfast was also very good and served in a different dining room to the evening meal.
We could not fault the staff, but we do feel if the hotel has Wi-Fi advertised on their web site you should have the connection in all of the rooms or inform your guests on check-in if this is not the case in the room that has been allocated to them.
We would stay at the hotel again, but would email to make sure we have a quiet room in the main building with Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: If you require Wi-Fi connection, make sure you request it when checking in at reception or before !
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear suejam

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay at the Oakley Court Hotel. We do have wifi coverage throughout however we offer apologies if the reception was poor at the time of your stay. Your feedback is much appreciated and thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

For the second time in the past six months, my wife and I stayed for a couple of nights, at The Oakley Court Hotel. They have excelled themselves yet again. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by the concierge, to the moment we left, it was a very, very nice time. The staff could not be more attentive, the food could not be better, the rooms are great and the facilities, first class. The last time I reviewed this hotel, my only negative point was the breakfast area, it was not very tidy, or clean. However, now you only serve yourself with cold starters, having to order your cooked breakfast and that arrives piping hot and delicious. So there is no problem with that side of things now. I can say with all honesty, that this hotel is more than worthy of its star rating. Would I go back............... yep, in a flash.

Room Tip: The East wing has very nice rooms, many with river views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barneyBerkshire
RichardSmith2014, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear BarneyBerkshire,

Thank you for such a positive review and for your compliments regarding the recent improvements to breakfast standards within the Restaurant. It is always motivating to receive such feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Thank you for your valued custom and we hope to welcome you again soon.