“Great Stay, Great Location”
Review of The Oakley Court

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here two nights. Check-in smooth. Our room had a view of the Thames, with a small walk from the reception to the room. Amenities were great and the room was lovely and quiet, great for people who are jet-lagged. Breakfast in our room was excellent and service prompt.Great surroundings and lovely buildings. Short drive to Windsor which suited us..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much - I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We only stayed one night, but it seemed good with clean, quiet rooms. It's quite a rambling place so we had to walk a few minutes from reception to our room, but that was fine. The breakfast was reasonably good and the grounds looked lovely fronting onto the river, although sadly it was raining so we didn't get to enjoy them

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay - next time bring some sunshine with you and stay for more nights!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently visited Oakley Court Hotel for a spa trip with a group of friends. My friend had very kindly bought us all a 'spa' day out so we could get together and do what girls do best... get pampered!!! Nothing could have been further from the word relax... by the time it got to lunch I thought someone was going to jump out with a camera and say this has all been a joke!! Firstly we arrived at 10.30am as we had the 1st treatments booked for 11.30am and we wanted to get our robes and slippers on. We were greeted by the RUDEST staff who pointed us to the direction of the 'spa' reception after 15 mins with no one about we asked the leisure staff again about the where the 'spa' staff were. They informed us "oh they do this all the time" (great first impression) and that the pool is separate to the treatment rooms so we would all have to pay an additional £10 each to use the pool. At 11.30am we meet with the 'spa' staff and again are asked to pay the additional £10 for the pool. We were also then informed that the Oakley Court Hotel 'Spa' is not a 'Spa' but treatment rooms!! Also to add insult to injury the 'free lunch' wasn't going to be free. So with no robes or slippers on due to the fact it's not a 'spa' we spent the morning by the pool and got our first treatments done. So now it's lunch - we have to get changed back into our clothes due to the fact it's not a spa and walk over to a different part of the hotel for some lunch. We were asked in the restaurant "are you here for the spa lunch?" yes that's right the spa that isn't a spa is offering a spa lunch...? any way after a lot of too'ing and fro'ing we are sat at table in the restaurant and given rather good looking menus, we start to discuss who's going to have what for dinner when it's starts to get confusing we are all saying dishes but none of us can see it on our menus... oh that's right we were all given different menus!!... To summarise - THIS IS NOT A SPA! The staff are rude and all that's missing is Manuel from Faulty Towers. DO NOT VISIT!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank -BEES-Bee
Richard S, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Firstly thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed that your impression was less than perfect on this occasion - the "Escape" is a third party operator of our beauty treatment rooms, I will certainly pass your comments to them for a response to you directly.
By far the majority of our hotel guests and external Leisure Club Members all enjoy our facilities, however we seem to have fallen short of your expectations on this isolated occasion, I apologise for this - if any of my team had been made aware at the time we would have certainly endeavoured to rectify your experience. However, thank you now for providing your feedback, as it is only through receiving such feedback that I am able to effect change for the better at the hotel

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here twice in one week. The first stay was brilliant, -Maybe because I had no expectations set. The room was in the new block with the leisure centre and was spectacular. Large open space with a supremely comfortable mega size bed. Dinner was excellent, with attentive service. Just felt very content to be there. The second stay was not so good, my expectations were not realised as I was given a dinky little twin and after dinner the place got simply flooded by some sort of conference that had just broken up. Clearly many of them were well lubricated and motivated on a a couple more adult beverages -but unfortunately the bar could not cope with the numbers......
As to location, it is out of town. You will not get into town without transport so do not select this hotel if you want to wander around in Windsor and be able to walk home. If you want some peace.... then it is perfect.
Top feature: Choice of two landing areas to land your heli !
Close second: Gothic stonework, probalbly why Hammer House of Horror use it so often.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for providing this feedback and also for staying twice in one week! I will certainly share your comments with my team. I was disappointed to read about your second experience not being quite the same as the first - I apologise for this, the large group we had booked at the hotel certainly enjoyed themselves, however this may have caused some frustrations with our other guests staying during this isolated time.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I fell in love with the setting and romance of the building, on the banks of the Thames with gargoyles staring from the stoney turrets. It was pouring with rain when we stayed but I can see this place would be amazing with the sun out, enjoying a Chablis on the terrace. The reception areas and bar are quite small but the staff were great, made you feel very welcome. Bedrooms were generous with comfortable bed. Well located if you are planning a night out in Windsor and off course ideally placed for the Heston restaurants in Bray. Breakfast was average and it was heaving. Good nights sleep though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back some time in the sunnier months ahead!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel and beautiful grounds. Myself and partner wee invited along as part of family 60th birthday party/celebration. The service cannotbe faulted by any of the staff. In fact I would say it was exceptional. We had a large room overlooking the river with a massive king size bed.
This place hasa fascinating history as a lot ofthe Hammer horror films were filmed here, as were the St Trinians and others. The only down side was the bar prices for the cocktails. £9 for a small cocktail. The kitchen staff very kindly produced a vega mal for me (it had been asked for in advance). Unfortunaately, my meal was abit of a let down. The onion soup was the consistency of baby food and didnt really taste of onion. The main course was a mushroom risotto which was so bland. It had no flavour at all. The pudding was the best, a plate offruit, very decoratively presented. There was nothing really for a vegan to eat from the bar menu either. But I did have a bowl of lovely three times cooked chips.
At breakfast the next day, again, the kitchen staff were most accommodating in coking some of my vegan bacon for me. All in all, a very good experience in a beautiful setting in a ple with charachter. I felt they could have made more of their filmic past. Perhaps a few photos around of scenes from the films at the place where the scene took place. ould we go again? Probably not. But nonetheless, an interesting experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nickyjiver

Thank you for your feedback regarding the exceptional service you received throughout your stay at the Oakley Court HoteI. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I can confirm that our bar prices are in line with other 4 star hotels in the area . I will also pass your feedback regarding our vegetarian options to our Head Chef as guest feedback is of vital importance to us.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My sister, 7 year old niece and I spent 2 days in a suite overlooking the Thames. The grounds of this hotel and the experience of being able to wander along the banks of the Thames on a sunny day were beautiful. The gothic looking hotel, with it's nooks and crannies really is like a film set. The staff were not only friendly and helpful, but able to tell us about the history of the hotel. Food was wonderful. The big hit with my niece was the pool. So much so, we never made it to Windsor the second day. The perfect place to go to unwind and have a bit of a pamper in lovely surroundings.

Room Tip: The West Wing is nearest to the river bank, and you have more chance of getting a river view if you...