The Oakley Court
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
$85
2,532 results
All reviewswest wingthe riverrocky horrorhammer horrordeck chairsafternoon teabeautiful groundsfat duckbeautiful hotelthe main houseglass of champagnetennis courtsleisure facilitiesa river view roomlovely settingsandwichesspecial occasion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I live in Windsor and always take friends and family from abroad to Oakley Courts for afternoon tea, lunch or dinner, the atmosphere is Serene and relaxing.

A few friends decided to stay overnight in a hotel for a get together normally we would go into London but as we had good experiences in Oakley ecided to try it out, it was the best choice we could have done, the food was good the staff was helpful and very friendly ensuring our stay was the best we could experience.

The spa facilities were great and also the comfort of the bedroom, locations is good and very close to Windsor.

I would definately go there again and recommend Oakley courts, I also want to celebrate my dads 80th birthday and my 40th.

Thank you Sean and team it was a memorable and fantastic stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went there to celebrate anniversary and booked a 2 night stay with dinner first night and breakfast for both mornings. Cost me 200 quid vua super break for a superior room. On arrival told the check in it was our anniversary of 23 years but got no real interest even after suggesting I might be interested in an upgrade. They showed me round and I tried to suggest they might want to offer us some sort of deal considering our circumstances. Instead the manager said no way "any discounts would come out of staff salaries". Ridiculous. Never heard such a thing in such a supposedly high class establishment.

Anyway we stayed in the original superior room at the original price. Room is nice and in a separate part of the hotel in an annexe next to the gym and pool. One big fault though. The room upstairs felt as though it was part of mine. The ceiling creaked with every bed movement or footfall upstairs. You might think this is trivial. Believ you me if you stay here you will understand. Couldn't sleep till about 1am after upstairs had decided to go to bed. I thought of complaining but to be honest after my other experiences I decided I couldn't be bothered and just wanted to get away in the Saturday morning.

I say the aforementioned because of the issue we encountered whilst dining in the Michelin 2 star restaurant. The food was ok from the set menu. Well when we got it! We asked for a drink twice and finally got some water and fruit juice after 20 mins of seating. The waiter on his first interaction seemed flustered and said they were very busy? We looked round the restaurant and there were no more than 8 tables occupied. Max 24 people incl us. Puzzled me early on. There was no skate just cod and only 1 lamb shank? We were dining at 7.45. Pretty early I would say for the food to run out. The starter and the main took some time and our main was taken away at 9.15pm awaiting our pudding. At 10pm I asked the waiter if we were going to get some pudding in a polite manner. He merely smiled and giggled and said yes. No apology or sensitivity. At this stage now 10.05pm we decided to get up and leave. I complained to the waiter on the way out and he basically said they were busy? And it was not his fault but the chef. Did I care? On the way out I saw the restaurant manager and to be fair to him he was very sensitive to the situation and apologised and accepted the service level was below expectation and waiting over 45 mins for a course was unacceptable. I also reminded him I found the whole experience very poor. Waiting 20 mins for a drink. Waiting 20 mins for some bread. Then asking twice for some extra before getting it after another 15 mins There is better service in McDonald's. The rating surely is based on service as well as food and environment. In this basis the regulating body needs to revisit this restaurant

The restaurant manager kindly has offered a 25 quid refund on our bill. Which is very kind but to be honest I didn't come here to save money. I came here to relax and eat and enjoy. Thanks to the restaurant manager for professionally dealing with a very touchy situation

I WON'T BE COMING BACK HERE.

On a good point the gym and pool were nice and breakfast was nice also

I am still here as its Friday night and check out in the morning. Lets hope it don't get any worse and I actually see the 25 quid refund on my bill without me asking. I did hear the general manager had been briefed on the restaurant issue. I am a customer service manager myself and if they had any sense after last night I would have made an effort as the general manager or even duty manager to make contact during today to apologise formally from the senior management. Guess this lack of thought sums up their attitude

Room Tip: Stay on top floors to avoid hearing your heavenly neighbours at night playing. The rooms in the main hotel are beautiful but expensive. Very old and stylish.
1  Thank Neotheone1234
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. Your booking was not made directly with us but via a third party and therefore we were not aware of your special anniversary in connection with this particular booking.

I can assure you that “discounts” do not come out of staff salaries and in fact I have never heard of this occurring in any hotel that operates professionally, as does the Oakley Court Hotel.

It is disappointing that you did not advise us at the time that other guests in the hotel were disturbing your sleep as I can advise you that had we been made aware, we would have dealt with the situation quickly for you.

I understand that the Restaurant Manager dealt with your “slow service” on the evening and apologised most sincerely for the order error that occurred and consequently led to the delay. I can also confirm that as a gesture of goodwill for your poor experience, you did not pay for the meal on the evening. I can assure you that our Restaurant generally operates at a very high level of service and food quality and this has been recognised consistently by the AA (2 rosette award) however on this occasion we fell short of both your and our expectations.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We booked Oakley Court to celebrate our wedding anniversary and have to say we were not disappointed, far from it in fact, from the moment we arrived everything was done to make our stay as magical as possible, and yes, we will definitely be going back!!

Room Tip: Ask for the main house as this has beautiful views over the river
1  Thank peter s
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for your words of appreciation following your recent stay at the Oakley Court Hotel. We are delighted to receive your first rate review about our hotel regarding the impressive food and service offered. Please be assured that I will congratulate my team for doing a great job! It was our pleasure to accommodate you and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Norman and I spent Saturday night at the very English, Oakley Court Hotel. On arrival, the drive up to the hotel gives you a magnificent view of the grounds. We were greeted by friendly staff and the overall ambience of the hotel gave you a warm feeling. Our room was beautiful, overlooking the grounds and river. Later during the day, we visited the spa and was greeted by a very friendly and informative chap who made us feel very welcome. The swimming pool was at a lovely temperature and thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi and sauna. Windsor town centre is a stone throw away where you can visit Windsor Castle or visit the upmarket shops. The views from the hotel are incredible, a wonderful setting for a romantic weekend or simply spending time in Windsor. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, friendly staff, wonderful views, close proximity to Windsor town. Can't wait for our next visit. Karen and Norman Hitchcock

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304 - fabulous views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

I am pleased that you enjoyed the charm and ambience of the Oakley Court Hotel together with the friendly service provided by our team. Thank you for your review and we hope you return in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Travelled over from Ireland to attend a wedding reception here on Dec 15th & 16th. Cannot recommend this hotel too highly. Everything, but everything, was absolutely superb & each and every staff member combined the best of top class, British professional hopitality combined with good old fashioned courtesy, friendliness & warmth. From the moment we arrived we were made feel totally welcome. Having attended more weddings than I've had hot dinners, I'm normally somewhat wary of the quality of food etc. at weddings, banquets & large events, I needn't have had any reservations about the Oakley Court; the presentation and quality of the food, wine, service decor etc. was nothing other than superbly top class - haute cuisine at its ultimate & serious best. In a word, if considering holding or attending a wedding reception in Oakley Court don't just consider it - GO FOR IT!! No one, but no one, will be disappointed. I could go on forever about this hotel, the rooms, the interiors, the exterior, the location, its fascinating connection with the film industry (the Hammer & other movie posters alone (of movies shot on location here), adjacent to one of the restaurants, are mouth-watering stuff for movie aficionados!) and the spiritually uplifting (private) walk along the banks of the Thames would make an eco-warrior and/or a poet out of the most cynical capitalist. My rating? At least ten out of ten to all staff members in respect of all services - except those at the Concierge Desk, I really have to give those guys eleven out of ten, the best Concierge Team I've encountered anywhere - they were the icing on the cake in terms of assistance & knowledge of all things local. They made things happen seamlessly for us and, as far as we're concerned, they are totally committed to making their fabulous hotel a seriously hassle-free zone.
I'LL BE BACK!