“Excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night. The service provided by staff is excellent with nothing too much trouble, the room (in the west wing) was very comfortable with toiletries and robes provided. We used the gym and pool, these were great for relaxing (although the gym is small) The bar is very welcoming with plenty of comfortable seating and a nice atmosphere. Dinner in the restaurant was extremely good, although pricey the food and service makes it worth every penny.
We would definately recommend The Oakley Court and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your words of appreciation following your recent stay and also for recommending The Oakley Court Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This elegant hotel in a wonderful setting was perfect. Lovely grounds, sumptuous food and attentive, yet unobtrusive staff made our stay delightful. Historic property (and the set for Rocky Horror film) with added benefit of leisure/spa and golf - something for everyone. Quiet, rural setting so close to Windsor another benefit.

Room Tip: Get one of the river view rooms for added delight.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for rating our service, food and facilities positively We hope to see you back with us soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I first heard about this hotel from the Rocky horror picture show as it was filmed here and at Bray studios next door.The hotel looks fantastic and as a concierge of a five star hotel in Knightsbridge I was seriouslly impressed.Room had river view lovely bed. it was apart from the main house but we went and had dinner and a cup of tea at the end of the night (thank you Micheal).Check in/ check out perfect.Annabel at reception was lovely.Dinner was great too,We shall definatly be back.

Room Tip: the river view is a nice touch but they are not in the main house
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your five star review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you at the Oakley Court on a future visit.
Staines
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I booked a Groupon package with a mini facial, back massage and foot treatment with a 2 course lunch. The newly opened spa (Nov 2012) was warm and well appointed, although the treatment rooms are very small. The staff were welcoming and I was very impressed with the standard of the treatments and the comfort of the relax room. However, when I went to the hotel for my lunch, I had not been booked in and did not feel I was particularly welcome. However, I was found a table and offered a drink. The lunch itself was buffet style and I enjoyed what I had, although I was dismayed to see the top layer of the green salad looking dry and wilted, although I was the first diner of the session. However, I had to eat it to the accompaniment of a male voice lecturing the waiting staff on the need to be 'more proactive' when serving people at lunch. In the end I tuned out the voice, so I don't know what the rest of the conversation was about, but it created a most uncomfortable atmosphere. Then, when I went up to get my main course, another manager brusquely greeted me with the words 'Who are you with?'. He didn't actually bar my way, but again, I am not used to this kind of attitude in a dining environment.
Having said this, the grounds are absolutely stunning and the view of the river is beautiful. Outside, there is a lovely peaceful atmosphere and I enjoyed my walk around the gardens after lunch.
Overall, a very mixed experience - I would certainly return to the spa and particularly liked the products they used, which are organic and much cheaper than most salon products. However, I shall not be returning to dine there, as although the food was pretty good, the atmosphere in the restaurant was not conducive to relaxing and enjoying a meal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your treatments, the grounds and your food. Your constructive comments will be discussed with my team to further strengthen our positive approach to training within the resturantant.
Edinburgh
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It has been 15 months since I was last here. The river is still in the same place and still looks lovely; so does the lovely aged building. But the rooms are looking tattier, and the staff seem to be getting cheaper. I had soup poured in my lap at our formal dinner: that has not happened for a long time. The hotel is in a mobile phone blackspot but the landline phone charges are extraordinary: a colleague seemed to pay about £5 per minute, from what he said. My shower was not working properly - not in the quaint Olde-Englishe way, just in the Rubbish-Maintenance way. One evening I asked for a salad in the restaurant, as I did not want a big meal but I did want to sit with my group. I was told that I had to order from the full-price menu (£25 per head), or go and sit elsewhere. It all smacks of a premium-price hotel trying to cut corners and squeeze every possible penny of extra cash from us. I find this tacky. The place still has some great assets, but I did not feel the experience matched the eventual price.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am disappointed and concerned to read your review. The majority of our customer reviews are of a positive nature and I would have liked the opportunity to meet with you personally at the time of your visit to address your concerns. I have checked with my team and we do not have a record of these issues being raised at the time, therefore it is now difficult to rectify. I can advise, we are not in a “mobile phone black spot” and our telephone charges are clearly listed. I offer my apologies for the isolated incidents you describe and do hope that if you return to the hotel on a future occasion, you will allow me the opportunity to prove that this is not our normal operating standard and not the impression we wish our guests to leave with.
Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

stayed at the hotel on bonfire weekend friday until sunday because i had won family pass to legoland in our local paper which had to be used by november.Thought we would have a treat and luxury instead of basic hotel. well worth going gorgeous hotel, grounds fantastic and staff all courteous and main thing to note was that we didn't feel out of place with our two daughters aged two and four. Nice to see history depicted around the buildings and the entrance was lovely with lanterns. we didnt try the swimming pool due to not having enough time. great location as ten minute drive to windsor. breakfast good as lots to choose from. only negative was that my partner witnessed one of the male staff speak nastily to a taxi driver because he had arrived too early and sent him packing to pass time. we use a local taxi company and cars immaculate and driver polite and courteous - so shame on you staff! no need to be rude talking down to someone.

Room Tip: we were part of the main building so we felt we had character with our surroundings. The annexe buil...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable weekend at the Oakley Court Hotel. Our Front of House Manager is investigating your comments regarding the situation you witnessed as we certainly do not encourage this type of communication. We have an excellent working relationship with our taxi company whom we have worked with for 30 years. Thank you for your valued feedback.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Afternoon Tea we had on the weekend at Oakley Court Hotel has been one of the best yet that we have experienced. Being Afternoon Tea connoisseurs we have tried many different venues and this one is at the top of our list for quality, ambiance and value for money so far. The scones were fresh and very delicious and the other bits were also very nice. The room which we sat in for Afternoon Tea was lovely as it was nicely furnished and had views out to the river. This Afternoon Tea I felt was very good value for money and I would recommend it to others who are wishing to experience a traditional English Afternoon Tea in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Amyskye
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your words of appreciation regarding our afternoon tea. Your feedback is highly valued and we hope to welcome you again soon.