“Fab first night of our honeymoon!”
Review of The Oakley Court

The Oakley Court
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Fab first night of our honeymoon!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We drove to Windsor to spend a couple of nights there prior to flying off to Thailand.
The hotel is beautiful, lovely and clean and staff are polite and helpful.
The location is beautiful and peaceful with great views of the river.
The perfect place to unwind.
We were a little disappointed at the breakfast which was buffet and we had to make our own toast(!), but hey ho we had a fab time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you had such a fabulous stay at the Oakley Court hotel and
thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Turkish first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have just returned from a delightful weekend at Oakley Court with friends. I would just like to reiterate all the positive comments on here about this spectacular hotel, the stunning location and the genuinely helpful, courteous staff. This is the second time I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel with friends and I am so impressed with it that I am in the process of booking a weekend break with my family. We stayed in a spacious twin room in the West Wing with a river view, which is highly recommended as the views are breathtaking. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms with a river view are highly recommended.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am pleased that you once again enjoyed the charm and ambience of the Oakley Court Hotel as well the service provided by my team. We look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just back from a weekend with friends staying at the Oakley Court. What can I say, looked at pictures and reviews so had an idea of what it was like but some of the reviews do not do justice to this hotel.
The Victorian Gothic building has a wow factor and the grounds are peacefull and well kept in a riverside setting. The walled 'garden' was a little dissapointing ( for me as a keen gardener )as it contained only a square of grass, the name suggested otherwise.
We booked a superior double on a special 2 night offer, and were allocated a 2nd floor, river view room in the East wing which was a nice surprise. The room was large, light and spotlessly clean with lovely furnishings. Only small niggle was twin beds pushed together rather than a proper double,but as we have had this set up in other hotels many times was not really a concern, until.. we sat down to give the mattress a try and both the beds skidded about on their castors leaving a gap between them! For a hotel of this quality I was a bit disapointed and would thought that some sort of brake on the castors,or some other option to keep them firmly together, would have been better. Because of this I also found that I lost one of my pillows down between the bed and the wall during the night. Despite this and the mattress being really soft (but I still felt supported) and I slept well.
Forgot to pack my cozzie so didn't get to use the spa so can't make any comment on that or the gym
The staff are all really attentive but not in your face and everyone we saw, even the maintainence guy, smiled and said good morning to us as we passed in the corridor.
Not able to comment on the food or service in the dining room as we didn't use it, but a look at the prices on the bar menu made me cough a bit, I have no objection to paying a bit over the odds for being a captive audience as such, but I dont like being ripped off!! ( afternoon tea with a glass of champagne £22 per head).We had a drink in the bar Saturday evening and a Tia Maria flavoured coffee and a pint of Guinness came to £14.62. I will leave you all to make up your own minds about value for money if you visit.
The hotel is a little way out of Windsor so on Friday we took a taxi into town for a look around and something to eat, cost at 6pm was £10, taxi back after 11pm was £15 but as there were 4 of us it wasn't too bad.
The main attraction is the Castle, but try to make the walk from the castle to the Bronze Horse statue, we tried but failed two thirds of the way due to a bad back!!
We will return both to Windsor and the Oakley Court maybe in the spring and take a boat trip too and finish that walk!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Oakley Court Hotel. May I take the opportunity of apologising for the inconvenience you experienced with your bed. The zip'n'link beds should have been zipped together. I am pleased to confirm we have plans for our walled garden in the coming year and we look forward to welcoming you on your return visit in the Spring.
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hi, We stayed in this amazing Hotel in February this year for a two day short break. The Hotel is in a fabulous location, next to the Thames! It has an exquisite Garden and outside terrace. The rooms are all unique. It is also the place where most of the Hammer movies, Dracula were made, and one knows why! It is full of features, corners and old paintings. The service was also next to none, everyone was very keen to be very helpful. The choice of cocktail in the bar are amazing, and especially the champagne cocktail was very good. Would only recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your first class review! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Margam, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from a very relaxing and luxurious weekend at this beautiful hotel. Everything about my stay was perfect. The hotel is stunningly traditional but with delicate modern touches that add to its beauty. The staff are very attentive, polite and you can see they take pride in their work. We had a very warm welcome which continued throughout our stay. The grounds are a delight to walk around and provide excellent views. The location on the river Thames is stunning and we made use of this and hired the hotel boats to take a trip along the river to see the sights of Windsor Castle. My only complaint was that my stay wasn't long enough!! Have re booked for next year and can't wait to go again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We do strive for excellence in in both the quality of food and standards of service we provide so it is always motivating to receive such feedback, thank you. We look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night in a superior double over looking the river and grounds.
Everything about the hotel is wonderful, we couldn't fault it. The grounds are stunning and the hotel interior and staff are very welcoming.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and I have to say that the pea and mint risotto I chose was the best risotto I have ever had. My husband enthused about his steak in the same way. The waiter was very attentive and happy in his work.
I would love to return here when next we are in Windsor and would highly recommend any one else to stay here too. It was quite special.

Room Tip: Riverside east wing superior double
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RAS19, General Manager at The Oakley Court, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for recommending the Oakley Court Hotel and for rating our services so positively. We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Windsor.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Unfortunately we had only booked one night if I had known what a great place it was I would have stayed a week. Located right on the river Thames there are river cruises on your doorstep. Usually I prefer modern hotels but this one has so much character it was great to wander around. We did not eat at the hotel because the next village over is Bray with some of the best dining in the country.(Fat Duck,Waterside and Hinds Head.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We hope you return in the future for a longer stay to enjoy our beautiful grounds and location. Thank you for your review.