“Good effort a few minor flaws”

The Royal Adelaide Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed March 2, 2010

A good decent hotel where effort has been applied to refurbish the rooms to a high standard. Clambering over the toilet to reach the bath was a slight nuisance and so easily could have been avoided with a little more careful planning!
Car park is tight so will test your skill in most cars.
Food was good quality and great value.
10 minute walk from Windsor Castle and 2 minutes from park makes location desirable and quiet.
Avoid breakfast sausages as like so many hotels now only cooked on one side.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2009

I stayed in the Royal Adelaide last week for a night. The room, an 'executive' single was perfectly acceptable and nicely decorated in the standard creams and browns but as with so many single rooms, it overlooked the car park at the rear. However, it and the bathroom were fine. No Radio 4, which was poor service. Only Capital or Classis FM. The major drawback was the layout of the hotel with endless corridors and up and down staircases everywhere. I was quite exhausted by the time I'd lugged my case to my room. I'd foolishly turned down an offer of help with my case!
Unfortunately, there was a wedding going on so I could hear the disco but it didn't stop me going to sleep. Since it was pouring with rain and I was tired, I ate at the hotel. The drabness and emptiness of the dining room should have alerted me. Very sub standard dried up burger with OK chips and a house red wine (Rioja, apparently) that was so appauling that even I, a seasoned drinker, couldn't manage it!
I wanted to do some emailing but the Adelaide is one of those rip off hotels that charge for a wi-fi connection. £2 for 30 mins, £3.50 for an hour or £10 for 24 hours. I used my dongle instead.
Breakfast was passable but the coffee was unspeakable. Staff were friendly but I was a bit surprised when checking out - the lad on the desk asked me if I'd enjoyed my supper and when I said I'd had better, quick as a flash he asked me if I'd had worse. When I said yes, he seemed to think all was well. While I appreciate his attempt at humour, I was a bit taken aback and as a concequence of the sub standard food, will not be returning.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bubblesEastCoast
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We spent our last night in England at the Royal Adelaide. Right from the start Sarah the concierge made us very welcome and we settled into our executive room (stairs, no lift, standard not too bad, all facilities, quite roomy but perhaps a little expensive for what you get, although breakfast was included as well as car parking and this needs to be taken into account). We ate in the dining room that night and the meal was good and the service was better. Next day a hearty breakfast and a late, late check out ... thanks again Sarah.

The castle is within walking distance as is the town centre and Heathrow is within 30 minutes. A great place to start or finish your trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

very small rooms, tiny staircases leading up to room. it is an old building and everything creaks, so it is decently noisy from the internal noise. the staff are unmemorable, except that the cleaning staff stole my girlfriends magazine. crazy!

a full cooked breakfast was pretty good. the room was kinda cute, but the smallest I have ever stayed in. for example, the bed is against the wall, so one person has to climb over the other to exit the bed.

it is a 10 minute walk into gorgeous windsor. it is a short 20 minute taxi drive to Heathrow, so very convenient location.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2009

We loved our stay. The rooms were small, and our teenagers had to do with a very small double for the two of them (good for them!), but we could not have had better service from the nice young gentleman at the desk. He allowed us to park in the open Mgr spot for the night, he switched rooms for us to be closer to the kids, gave us great suggestions for dinner, and basically took care of our every need with a smile! I wish I could remember his name to thank him personally here. The room was upscale but small, and the breakfast was wonderful! Highly recommend for a perfect "inn" stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We were supposed to stay in this supposed 4 star hotel for 2 nights, arrived no parking available, directed to NCP car pak machine broken, informed to park in town centre and walk back, receptionist said no manager available, I said by law there must be she said resturant manager was in I said he'd do. They didn't put the phone on hold so I heard the whole conversation - staff not interested not there problem if we have a big car ???? We were driving a Vauxhall Insignia not a particularly big car.
IF YOU DRIVE A BUBBLE CAR AND DONT MIND BEING SPOKEN TO OR ABOUT LIKE AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT THIS IS THE HOTEL FOR YOU - OTHERWISE STAY WELL CLEAR!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gem235
Reviewed September 14, 2009

very nice hotel, lovely room and bathroom, great breakfast. The only downside is the parking - get there early to park! If not the hotel will direct you to a car park down the road - not too far, just a bit annoying.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple