“A wonderful day with a great guide” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windsor Day Tours

Windsor Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 22 Tours in Windsor
More attraction details
Owner description: Windsor Day Tours offers small, personalised private day tours for up to 6 people from Windsor, Heathrow, Southampton and surrounding areas. Whether it's a day's sightseeing, or a Heathrow Layover, or transfer to your hotel, make the most of your day with a guided visit to the Cotswolds, Stonehenge, Hampton Court Palace, Jane Austen country or similar. Travel in comfort in my top-of-the-range Peugeot 807 and enjoy a day created with your wishes in mind, as well as the ability to get off the beaten track and visit the countryside the big coaches can't reach. Heathrow layovers and Southampton Cruises a speciality.
The Villages, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A wonderful day with a great guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a day to spend in the Southampton area and booked a tour with Jill. Prior to meeting her, she was a great communicator, always answer my questions promptly. She was waiting with a sign at our arrival and off we went. We had arranged with he to pre-purchase the tickets for Windsor Castle so we got there as it opened and avoided the long lines that had already formed. We spen tseveral hours at the castle and then headed for the home of Jane Austin. It was in a charming town with thatched roof houses. Jill also had a table waiting for us at the tea room and we had a wonderful cream tea. Then it was on to Winchester Cathedral. Jill knows so much history and folk lore and kept up a wonderful dialogue the whole tour. We were back at the ship in plenty of time. Jill is so honest that when we overpaid her she ran back to catvh us. I can't say enough good about this lady and her tour.

1 Thank fredly47

Charleston, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Flight landed at 7 am and Jill took care of all the rest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We arrived in Heathrow from USA at 7 am with only about 2 hours rest on the plane. So glad we had booked with Jill for the day. She met us at Heathrow at 8am with bottles of water and a great plan for our first day in England. Jill provided us with all kinds of fascinating facts, history, and a day she made so easy and entertaining. My mom and I wanted to see Windsor Castle and we love Jane Austen. Since we could not get into Windsor yet, Jill took us to Winchester Cathedral and then to Chawton to see the home where Jane Austen lived which is now a great museum. Next she dropped us at Windsor Castle with three hours to tour and eat lunch while she watched our luggage. At 4pm Jill dropped us at the train station for the hour ride to Waterloo station. With Jill we made the most of our first day touring and adjusted to time change. I would definitely recommend Windsor Day Tours.

1 Thank walkietalkiejen
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Day trip to Stonehenge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We have made a reservation with Judy to take a day trip to Stonehenge.

Service was excellent. She was great both as a driver and a guide. I paid extra without realizing I already paid a 10% deposit. She credited that money back to me without me even asking for it. Very rare to find that kind of honesty. Strongly recommend her.

Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A grand day out from Windsor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Jill was absolutely fabulous and helped faciliate a dream adventure to the Cotswolds, HighClere & even Stonehenge in one amazing day. She was very helpful in planning the itinerary in advance and keeping us on a reasonable schedule to ensure that we got to see everything that we wanted. Jill is also a very knowledgeable guide and very accommodating for the children's needs. I highly recommend an adventure with Windsor Day Tours!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Confutio
Minneapolis, MN
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Stonehenge and a Christmas Market on a time crunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

On December 21st, my husband, sister and I flew into London Heathrow. We were about 4 hours late due to a winter storm in Chicago. I was in contact with Jill before we took off and plus my friend in London was also in contact with her. She was beyond flexible! We almost booked one of those big coach tours through London central, but Jill had better reviews and it worked perfectly with what we needed. We would have never made the big tour in downtown london, since we were so late, so the fact that Jill re-arranged the day to make it happen was just amazing. The only thing we didn't make was lunch but we did get to the Winchester Christmas market, which was especially fun just 4 days before the holiday and then Stonehenge, which we have all really wanted to see, Jill is a walking history book. She constantly spouts off facts about every landmark we drove by and walked with my sister and I all around stonehenge giving us a very personalized tour (the hubby was busy taking pictures)...she even gave my sister a delish box of chocolates since it was her birthday! This option cost about 3 times more than those big coach tours and there was the chance that we could have missed it due to our flight delay, but I would do it all over again! It was amazing, she was flexible and much better than any big tour would have been. She even got us to our train to London in time, although it didn't stop where we thought it would, but that wasn't Jill's fault! :) Thank you Jill! We will do this again!

Visited December 2012