“Flight landed at 7 am and Jill took care of all the rest!”
Review of Windsor Day Tours

Windsor Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 22 Tours in Windsor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Windsor Day Tours offers small, personalised private day tours for up to 6 people from Windsor, Heathrow, Southampton and surrounding areas. Whether it's a day's sightseeing, or a Heathrow Layover, or transfer to your hotel, make the most of your day with a guided visit to the Cotswolds, Stonehenge, Hampton Court Palace, Jane Austen country or similar. Travel in comfort in my top-of-the-range Seat Alhambra and enjoy a day created with your wishes in mind, as well as the ability to get off the beaten track and visit the countryside the big coaches can't reach. Heathrow layovers and Southampton Cruises a speciality.
Charleston, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Flight landed at 7 am and Jill took care of all the rest!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We arrived in Heathrow from USA at 7 am with only about 2 hours rest on the plane. So glad we had booked with Jill for the day. She met us at Heathrow at 8am with bottles of water and a great plan for our first day in England. Jill provided us with all kinds of fascinating facts, history, and a day she made so easy and entertaining. My mom and I wanted to see Windsor Castle and we love Jane Austen. Since we could not get into Windsor yet, Jill took us to Winchester Cathedral and then to Chawton to see the home where Jane Austen lived which is now a great museum. Next she dropped us at Windsor Castle with three hours to tour and eat lunch while she watched our luggage. At 4pm Jill dropped us at the train station for the hour ride to Waterloo station. With Jill we made the most of our first day touring and adjusted to time change. I would definitely recommend Windsor Day Tours.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank walkietalkiejen

Overland Park, Kansas, USA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Day trip to Stonehenge”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We have made a reservation with Judy to take a day trip to Stonehenge.

Service was excellent. She was great both as a driver and a guide. I paid extra without realizing I already paid a 10% deposit. She credited that money back to me without me even asking for it. Very rare to find that kind of honesty. Strongly recommend her.

Visited May 2013
Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A grand day out from Windsor!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Jill was absolutely fabulous and helped faciliate a dream adventure to the Cotswolds, HighClere & even Stonehenge in one amazing day. She was very helpful in planning the itinerary in advance and keeping us on a reasonable schedule to ensure that we got to see everything that we wanted. Jill is also a very knowledgeable guide and very accommodating for the children's needs. I highly recommend an adventure with Windsor Day Tours!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Confutio
Minneapolis, MN
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Stonehenge and a Christmas Market on a time crunch!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

On December 21st, my husband, sister and I flew into London Heathrow. We were about 4 hours late due to a winter storm in Chicago. I was in contact with Jill before we took off and plus my friend in London was also in contact with her. She was beyond flexible! We almost booked one of those big coach tours through London central, but Jill had better reviews and it worked perfectly with what we needed. We would have never made the big tour in downtown london, since we were so late, so the fact that Jill re-arranged the day to make it happen was just amazing. The only thing we didn't make was lunch but we did get to the Winchester Christmas market, which was especially fun just 4 days before the holiday and then Stonehenge, which we have all really wanted to see, Jill is a walking history book. She constantly spouts off facts about every landmark we drove by and walked with my sister and I all around stonehenge giving us a very personalized tour (the hubby was busy taking pictures)...she even gave my sister a delish box of chocolates since it was her birthday! This option cost about 3 times more than those big coach tours and there was the chance that we could have missed it due to our flight delay, but I would do it all over again! It was amazing, she was flexible and much better than any big tour would have been. She even got us to our train to London in time, although it didn't stop where we thought it would, but that wasn't Jill's fault! :) Thank you Jill! We will do this again!

Visited December 2012
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely great experience with Jill and Windsor Day Tours!!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I booked transfers and tours with Jill around our recent cruise from Southampton. We arranged to be picked up at Heathrow and dropped off in Bath prior to the cruise - the airport pickup was great, and we stopped in Laycock (remarkably old "Harry Potter style" village), the amazing stone circles at Avery and an equally charming Cotswold village en route to Bath. Following a couple days in Bath, Jill picked us up and delivered us to the pier in Southampton, with visits to Stone Henge, the old fort at Sarum and the New Forest (we saw ponies!!) on the way. After the cruise, we were picked up at the pier and had a chance to visit Salisbury Cathedral and Winchester Cathedral (where a Christmas market was in full swing), before we were dropped off at our hotel in Windsor. Two days later, Jill picked us up again for the return transfer to Heathrow. We were entirely delighted with the arrangements - Jill was prompt, a very friendly and knowledgeable guide to the area, and very flexible when we made a few changes to the trip back to Windsor (like adding some friends we had met on the ship). We thought that the price we paid for all tours and transfers was extremely reasonable and we would recommend the experience to anyone who wants to add some real value to a Southampton cruise experience.

Visited November 2012