“Best trip ever!”

Windsor Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 23 Tours in Windsor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Windsor Day Tours offers small, personalised private day tours for up to 6 people from Windsor, Heathrow, Southampton and surrounding areas. Whether it's a day's sightseeing, or a Heathrow Layover, or transfer to your hotel, make the most of your day with a guided visit to the Cotswolds, Stonehenge, Hampton Court Palace, Jane Austen country or similar. Travel in comfort in my top-of-the-range Seat Alhambra and enjoy a day created with your wishes in mind, as well as the ability to get off the beaten track and visit the countryside the big coaches can't reach. Heathrow layovers and Southampton Cruises a speciality.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best trip ever!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My daughter in law and I had a day at Heathrow before an evening flight and spent it with Jill of Windsor Day Tours visiting Stonehenge, a lovely country village where we had a delicious pub lunch, and Winchester Cathedral. Jill went out of her way to show us many other things along the way. We had such a good time with her we were sad to say good bye at the end of the day when she dropped us off for our flight. I highly recommend Windsor Day Tours!

2 Thank Chansonetta

Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“An enjoyable day touring the country west of London”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We booked Jill Pretorius of Windsor Day Tours based on a Trip Advisor recommendation. The cost for a custom-designed tour from Windsor for the two of us was the same as for a day on a tour bus from London to Stratford and back. Based on our own preferences and Jill's input we saw Winchester Cathedral, Jane Austen's house and the Tudor-era Losely house and strolled through a quiet back-road village. Jill loves her local area, has a great store of historical knowledge and was helpful in getting us to our train back to London.

A note on staying overnight in Windsor -- the castle is great, but if you go during Royal Ascot week (c. June 14) the hotels are crammed and presumably more expensive and access to castle attractions is reduced because of the presence of the royal family.

2 Thank Ianm467
richmond
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Make your plans with Jill now!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I contacted Jill of Windsor Tours and was extremely pleased with her tour options, her flexibility and especially her! Returning from cruise at Southampton, I wanted to see Windsor before departing from Heathrow the next day. She had a tour the previous day out of town and suggested we meet her at Salisbury. Met her at hotel and off we went to Salisbury Cathedral. Then we visited thatched roof village that was having a local faire so ideal for pics and walking. Toured Stonehenge and then Windsor Castle. It was the Queen's official birthday celebration so State apartments were closed but we did have time to view Doll House, China room plus walk around castle. Windsor is a lovely town and want to return. Check the crooked house and England's smallest street. Jill knew I wanted to see Hampton Court Palace and, with time shortened at Windsor,, we had the chance to close our tour with the creme de la creme! The palace was so beautiful and had time to visit palace/enjoy gardens/get lost in maze!
I can't wait to return to England and will definitely include Jill as part of that trip. She is so full of interesting history and just a delight to be with. THANK YOU!!! J and T

1 Thank vasunnydays
Manhattan, KS
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Highly recommended personalized tour company!”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Last week (June 2011), my husband and I took two tours with Jill. What a wonderful time we had! Jill was so friendly and greeted us with such warmth. She took us to Corfe Castle, Tyneham Village, Lulworth Cove, and Lyme Regis on one tour and to Jane Austen's home on another day.

Jill was very knowledgeable about the areas we visited and because she has a small van, we were able to drive through many small villages that big coaches wouldn't be able to drive through. We saw many, many thatched homes with lovely gardens and blooming roses climbing up the stone walls. My poor camera couldn't keep up with all the sights we saw.

My husband and I are looking forward to our next tours with Jill. We highly recommend Windsor Day Tours to anyone interested in a more in-depth and personalized look at England.

2 Thank konza
Manalapan, New Jersey
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A wonderful way to see the area around London”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My husband and I arrived in Southampton and wanted to see the area around Bath instead of heading to London. We contacted Jill and she picked us up at the cruise port and then took us on a lovely tour including Stonehenge, Lacock ( or Harry Potter fame), Stourhead Gardens and ending in Bath. Two days later, she picked us up in Bath and on the way to Heathrow, took us to Avebury, HIghclere Castle ( Dalton Abbey) and then through Eton to Windsor Castle. Jill's knowledge about the area made the touring truly memorable. In addition, her friendliness made the trip seem like a visit with and old friend. Jill quickly answers all emails and is very efficient. We highly recommend Windsor Day Tours to anyone in the London-Southampton area.

Visited April 2011