Macdonald Windsor Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Oscar Lodge(Windsor)
  • Free Internet
    3,034 results
    All reviewsvalet parkingcupcakesopposite the castlelovely hotelcar parkhigh streetperfect locationcooked breakfastmini barweekend breakwould highly recommend this hotellovely touchexecutive roomfantastic staylovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 14, 2011

Our last night in the UK. I have a preference for staying in Windsor for its convenience to Heathrow. it means you can have a relaxing day before an evening flight out and don't have to muck around in London.
    The Macdonald Hotel was brilliant. We booked an exec suite and a standard room, prior to opening so perhaps got extra good rates for B&B. The booking centre in Scotland were professional and friendly. We thought the rate fine before seeing the hotel, amazing after we stayed there....
    Location is brilliant. Terrific renovation with the interior sleek and modern. The rooms are decorated in a luxurious and plush fashion - heavy drapes and cushions in rich colours. bathroom is luxurious and the warm flooring very welcome.
    MiL thought she had been given the wrong key, so large and lovely was her room. Then she saw our suite. Huge and beautifully decorated overlooking the front of the hotel. I had wanted comfort for our last day and I was more than happy with the choice.

The staff are very good - receptionists quickly remembering us and greeting us by name. The carpark is incredibly hard to find in the back streets of Windsor (well i thought so) but once there the helpfulness and service from John was exemplary. In the evening on a whim I asked reception whether we could arrange a late checkout until 6pm. After checking the availability they quoted a very reasonable amount that I was more than happy to pay - it meant we could keep our stuff in the room, relax after visiting the castle and have showers and change. A really good service and very much appreciated.
    Breakfast in the morning was excellent, Windsor is as lovely as ever and at the end there was John to help us load up and point me in the direction of the nearest petrol station before dropping off the hire car at Heathrow.
    Top marks and highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
    GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2011

Dear richmet,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive review of the hotel. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed the location, decor and the service you received, particularly from John.

All feedback is passed on to the teams as they are encouraged to recieve it and it helps us to continue to offer the high standard of service our guests expect and deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

Reviewed January 14, 2011

The location here is excellent and very easy to walk around windsor town. The staff were friendly and the room was excellent value through a special deal that was running at the time that included breakfast. The downsides, it was not clear on the site that parking costs £22 per day but your car is parked securely underground. T hey offer fresh milk for tea (excellent) but we found a cup of sour milk from previous guests which housekeeping should have checked for. Would stay here again for sure if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear jklondon,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay overall, particularly our central location in Windsor.

I was sorry to learn that you did not feel the parking price was clear and for the housekeeping shortfall you experienced. Please be assured that your feedback will be discussed with the teams to ensure we are offering the highest level of service to our guests.

We appreciate your constructive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

We booked this hotel for two nights over the New Year period and weren't disappointed. We paid £120 per night which is quite expensive but not so bad when you think of its proximity to London (£8 on the train) and its excellent position right next to Windsor Castle on the pretty main High Street. We pre-booked a parking space and easily found the garage entrance using the postcode supplied on the Hotel's website ..and our trusty satvnav. We'd booked one of the cheapest rooms which was modern, clean and very comfortable with more than enough space for our needs. The staff were really helpful at the front desk and we loved the fact our bed was turned down in the evening and chocolates placed on our pillow when we returned back from a meal out. Just a lovely touch! We had a good and quiet nights sleep (despite it being New Year) and there were plenty of places to get breakfast out in the town in the morning (as well as plenty of places to eat in the evening). We would definitely stay here again - great shops, lovely walks along the Thames, Windsor Great Park and into Eton. Parking prices seemed to escalate a little - have seen £16 and £18 per night quoted and then we were charged £22 per night (plus £1 to charity) - but to be honest it was great to have peace of mind that our vehicle was safe and secure and we didn't need to move it for the whole of our stay. This is a great hotel and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear dotdash,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and a restful nights sleep.

I was sorry to learn of the confusion regarding the price of the car park. The price increased in November, however I was pleased to note that you found it good value for money. We do offer a very secure and stress free parking experience.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

I stayed at The Macdonald Winsdor Hotel with my partner for a weekend in December. The deal we got was fantastic which included a lovely breakfast. The hotel and rooms are clean and modern. The room had speakers in the bathroom so you could still hear the TV/Radio! As it was my birthday the hotel had got me a birthday card, chocolates and champagne. Fairly easy to get to London if you get the train from windsor to slough (15 mins) and then underground to London. Hotel close to shops and nightlife. I highly recommend this hotel, especially as it is so new. Hotel parking £22 but well worth it a the car is taken from you and parked and all our belongings were taken to our room whist we went to London for the day.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Estelle82,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that the team went out of their way to make your birthday such a special occasion.

Please be assured that I will be passing your feedback to the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your comments with us.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Let's start by saying I'm fussy. I can't really relax properly unless service, cleaniess etc at the level I think they should be. This place from the very first second you drive downstairs into the car park to the las second you drive out you are treated like royalty. I was so surprised - not cause i had ignored the reviews, just because it's so rare these days.

Room Service food was actually hot when it got to us, staff were second to none, rooms were perfect, all our requests were no problem what so ever.

A pure pleasure to stay here and I'm thrilled I found it. Thanks to all the other reviews.

I was travelling with my one year old and if you have a child you know you really need a second room or you put them down in the portacot and you have to then turn the lights out and go to bed your self at 7:00pm with no noise. errr aweful. A lot of rooms in England can't provide you with two rooms (like they have here in Australia) so we got two rooms with an adjoining door - ahhhhhhh the pleasure! Do it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Dear thebestplease,

I was delighted to read your review and to see that you had such an enjoyable stay.

The team endeavour to go out of their way to offer the highest level of service and comfort so it is extremely encouraging for them to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring your personal experience to our attention.