3,221 results
All reviews valet parking cupcakes opposite the castle lovely hotel car park high street perfect location cooked breakfast mini bar weekend break per night executive room would highly recommend this hotel fantastic stay breakfast was excellent lovely room stayed for one night
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Opposite the castle this is a hotel I will return to. The staff were excellent and very friendly and attentive. I stayed in a classic double room and it was beautiful. Very modern and tastefully direct with a gorgeous en suite shower room. The room was spacious with a few nice touches such as a nespresso coffee machine. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. Had a superb evening meal in the restaurant. The breakfast was extremely tasty and there was an abundance of choice. The valet parking is a must at £35 especially as after checking out we were allowed to leave the car in the car park whilst we visited the castle. If your visiting windsor this lovely hotel is a must.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FoodiePhil101, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

I was delighted to read your review and hear of your visit to Windsor. We are in such an terrific spot and I’m pleased you got to share it with us. Thank you for writing about your experience on Trip Advisor, and hopefully look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Philip Lewis, General Manager.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Our room was very spacious and beautiful! Our service at the restaurant was very good as well. No complaints for our one night stay here before flying out the next day to the US. Very enjoyable stay and would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

It was a great pleasure to read your review today, I was pleased to hear you had a great stay. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Best regards, Philip Lewis, General Manager.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Great location and the hotel entrance is lovely... Unfortunately, that's where the very positive aspects end. Our welcome to the hotel was poor, we were greeted by a trainee who was being criticised by the Head Receptionist - my husband and I were both uncomfortable with her manner and the way in which she addressed the trainee.
The room was ok, very battered skirting boards and the room was very dark.
The coffee machine above the mini-bar was a nice touch, but considering we had told them it was our mini-moon, very little effort made to make us comfortable.
Breakfast was ok, quite small portions. They do offer gluten free options.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ELoraso
FoodiePhil101, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thank you for your balanced review. I was pleased that overall your stay was a positive one, but understand there are a few things for us to work on. I have raised your points with the management team, and together we will endeavour to improve on them. I hope that these isolated incidents don’t prevent you from returning soon. Yours sincerely, Philip Lewis, General Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my girlfriend on Sat 15th. From the moment we walked through the doors to the moment of our departure we were thoroughly looked after by all staff members. I paid the extra £35 for a car park space,which to my surprise, we was able to leave there for as long as we liked up until we were ready to make our way home - giving you extra time to enjoy and explore Windsor. Would definitely recommend paying for this if you are arriving by car, makes your life a little easier.
Couldn't recommend this hotel any more if I tried! Thank you very much, we will be sure to return soon. Ryan.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryanqpr

It was such a pleasure to read your review this morning, and we are all pleased to hear you had a great stay. Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Best regards, Philip Lewis, General Manager.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Booked on line, no problems.Had to call hotel because I needed to check the restaurant catered for Vegan diets. Told they did and the chef actually had an email sent to me with ideas of food. Turned up and got a really warm welcome from the front of house staff.Got to our room and was blown away. Room 404, really lovely set out room with great view of the Castle and street below. Quirky room which matched the age of the hotel in that the floor wasn't flat. Had two great nights sleep. Lovely touch they offer everyone a cupcake, if you want it. The restaurant served up lovely and well presented food and catered fully for my vegan diet. The staff in the restaurant were great and took time to talk and check on you. Loved our stay and would recommend this hotel to all. Great value for money.

Room tip: Get a higher up room looking out toward the Castle
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MickJac

Hello, and thank you so much for such a terrific review. The team and I enjoyed reading about your experience and we are delighted that we were able to make your stay a memorable one. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Windsor soon. Best regards, Philip Lewis, General Manager.