“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a 2 day break in Windsor on 28th & 29th July and chose to stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel which was excellent. All the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The Hotel itself was very luxurious and our room was brilliant. We had breakfast at the Hotel which was lovely. The Hotel is ideally positioned within Windsor for the Castle shops etc. We really enjoyed our stay, couldn't fault it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear about your positive experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Beverley Molmans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed here as part of a recent business conference which was being hosted at the hotel. A fantastic stay from start to finish. Wonderful, spacious room with cold air conditioning and modern facilities. Location couldn't have been better, and although my room didn't have a view, I was there on business so couldn't care less. Cleaned to a high standard every day I was there.

Friendly staff, great food - some amazing catered lunches. Breakfast very tasty and although a little steep at £19.50, the quality is that of a top restaurant breakfast so can be accepted.

Friendly staff in the reception and bar areas. Dylan in the bar was a great host for a couple of hours, and Vladimir, who hosted the conference facilities, also couldn't do enough to assist. Speaking of the conference and meeting rooms - fantastically appointed and furnished. The addition of a snack bar to keep the blood sugar up is a great idea.

A wonderful hotel and I will be back with my family next time, and hopefully soon! A great hotel, surprisingly affordable, and a great stay. I was sad to leave, especially as I then got stuck for 4 hours on the M25, but that's a story for another day... :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting your review of your experience following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I enjoyed reading your review and appreciate the helpful details you provided. It is lovely to receive feedback of this nature and the team are always encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your family soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

A regular traveller using trip advisor as a means of booking, I never "find time" to give feedback. This hotel has inspired me to do so. To be honest I wasn't expecting as good an experience as reviews led me to believe. Having been to Windsor twice before were using more as stop over for heathrow than for sightseeing. Location is excellent for exploring Windsor and eton, coming in off a busy street to the oasis of air conditioned calm was wonderful. Room was clean and well appointed. Staff efficient and friendly. Ate in hotel restaurant which we would not normally do but food was good and service excellent. Overall an excellent experience and would now be my place of choice if ever passing through again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay, especially our location and the cleanliness of your room.

It is great to know that the team were friendly and attentive and that you will return - we look forward to welcoming you.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Staff excellent. Perfectly located. Not stupid prices either. Nicely appointed rooms if would have happily stayed much longer than the two days. Only one minor thing. Mini bar still had the last visitors strawberries in it... As I say minor. The breakfast was perfect.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank YorkshireTwig
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at the MacDonald Windsor for 1 night on Saturday. Being a business travel agent I have seen a lot of hotels. The check in staff were wonderful and very helpful. Our room was gorgeous, an executive room. Stunning and spacious and would definitely recommend upgrading for the price difference.
We ate in Caley's and told them it was our anniversary and felt they made the extra effort to welcome us and gave us a lovely heart anniversary board with chocolates and cupcakes! Lovely touch. They have some live music which was lovely. The food was great, there was a slight mix up on my main but this was dealt with quickly so my husband wasn't left waiting for me too long before I got what was ordered.
The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and varied and lovely to have a menu to order from.
We saw a couple in the reception having drinks with their dog and they explained dogs are welcome which I think is a lovely touch as we have a dog and always find it hard to arrange for her to be looked after. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very willing to make the stay enjoyable.
I want to go back already as Windsor is stunning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenifriend

Broxbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent hotel, and great staff. It was a great experience from the moment we dropped off the car with the concierge, to leaving yesterday. The rooms are lovely, the bathroom had the fluffiest towel's i have seen in a hotel for many a year!
Breakfast was excellent, and Sunday lunch at Caleys fantastic.
All in all a fantastic experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LondonSpike
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular the service from the team, your room, breakfast and lunch experiences. We appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

As a family we stayed in the hotel for 5 days and found the staff to be wonderful, very friendly and engaging with us all. Especially my quiet son who loved the hotel, the atmosphere and the surroundings. The food was very good and the breakfast was excellent. It is an excellent location right in the centre of the town which was great for coming and going around Windsor, but also once you went back to your hotel door you had your own little haven away from the mad crowds of the street. Rooms was lovely, clean with all the necessary equipment etc. The room was good size and the lovely slippers, robes and different treats left on our bed at night was a lovely touch after a busy day... The bar was lovely with nice atmosphere which suits our family really we'll. The treat for my son was going her at night for a drink. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying again. We'll done Macdonald and especially to all your staff who we came across those 5 days, you made our wee break....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Judith7278
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel. I was really pleased to learn of your enjoyment and especially that you felt so well looked after by the team!

We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back!