Macdonald Windsor Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Oscar Lodge(Windsor)
  • Free Internet
    3,034 results
    All reviewsvalet parkingcupcakesopposite the castlelovely hotelcar parkhigh streetperfect locationcooked breakfastmini barweekend breakwould highly recommend this hotellovely touchexecutive roomfantastic staylovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed April 4, 2014

Lovely hotel great location and so well looked after during our business meeting. Smart hotel recently refurbished - good meeting rooms and wonderful service. Recommend will go back, opposite castle, great location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
    2  Thank bedbrad
    GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay for your business meeting. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our company headquarters is near Heathrow airport. We elect to stay in Windsor due to the access to restaurants and other things to do in the evening. The MacDonald hotel goes out of their way to make us comfortable and at home. The rooms are very nice, the hotel is in an ideal location, and the staff is very professional and friendly. Andy, who works in the lounge, went out of his way to book dinner reservations for a large group. Andy took very good care of us during our stay. Very attentive and always offering assistance for our every need. Andy has a smile and professional manner that goes a long way with guests.
    I also had need to ship something to the U.S. during my stay. The front desk took care of everything for me including going to the post office, picking up a box, and taking it back over. The MacDonald House is an extraordinary hotel whether for business or pleasure. Thanks for all the wonderful service and hospitality during our stay. My business colleagues and I agree we will definitely stay there again upon our next visit to the UK.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice. I never used the fitness center and i don't believe they have a pool but I couldn't unclick the rating above for those two items.
    • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
    3  Thank Debbie W
    GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear about your positive experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I organised an overnight here for 10 business colleagues. They were attending a rugby match at Twickenham. The concierge made my life so simple. Taxis to and from the game were great value and were waiting for us both for leaving and coming back.

One of our guests arrived late with a sickly son in tow. He told me afterwards that the staff could not have been more supportive.

I will come back here with my wife as the location is great. Not the hectic business of London but with good restaurants and bars. You have the opportunity to take the Long Walk from Windsor castle along a broad boulevard.

Tip. For that special person take one of their winter warmer weekend breaks. These are priced for those of us without deep pockets.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
    1  Thank Oontour

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with your colleagues and the team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon with your wife!

Warm regards

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed in one of the hotel's 'featured double rooms' and I was very pleased. The room was clean, spacious, quiet (even though it faced the road), beautiful and classy.
    The bathroom had a heated floor and a large bathtub with a separate shower. The tub was so nice to unwind in after a day of walking around. There was also a heated towel rack. What more could you ask for in the bathroom?
    Bottled water was provided and room service was quick. The hotel has a nice bar area that makes cappuccinos very well.
    We had the full English breakfast and I couldn't eat it all as it was huge!
    The staff were very helpful and I would not hesitate to go back as I was very impressed and I am very fussy about where I stay. I also plan to check out other MacDonald hotels.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
    6  Thank Pishaq

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular your room and facilities, service from the team and your breakfast experience. We appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here overnight for a weekend at Legoland.
    It's in a great spot, right in the centre of town. Easy walk to the shops and restaurants but you wouldn't want to stray too far from the hotel. The accommodation is great, from the quality of the amenities to the toys in the room for the kids. Thoughtful little touches like games for the kids was appreciated.
    And the food in the restaurant was good, something for everyone and the service was very friendly.
    Breakfast was great too. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay with your family.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay - we look forward to welcoming you back!