“Fantastic customer service”

GreenLeadersGold level
bedford
“Fantastic customer service”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Lovely hotel great location and so well looked after during our business meeting. Smart hotel recently refurbished - good meeting rooms and wonderful service. Recommend will go back, opposite castle, great location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bedbrad
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay for your business meeting. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear of your experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Beverley Molmans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our company headquarters is near Heathrow airport. We elect to stay in Windsor due to the access to restaurants and other things to do in the evening. The MacDonald hotel goes out of their way to make us comfortable and at home. The rooms are very nice, the hotel is in an ideal location, and the staff is very professional and friendly. Andy, who works in the lounge, went out of his way to book dinner reservations for a large group. Andy took very good care of us during our stay. Very attentive and always offering assistance for our every need. Andy has a smile and professional manner that goes a long way with guests.
I also had need to ship something to the U.S. during my stay. The front desk took care of everything for me including going to the post office, picking up a box, and taking it back over. The MacDonald House is an extraordinary hotel whether for business or pleasure. Thanks for all the wonderful service and hospitality during our stay. My business colleagues and I agree we will definitely stay there again upon our next visit to the UK.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice. I never used the fitness center and i don't believe they have a pool...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Debbie W
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your recent stay. I was delighted to learn of your enjoyment and that the team looked after you so well!

It was a pleasure to hear about your positive experience and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your view of the hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I organised an overnight here for 10 business colleagues. They were attending a rugby match at Twickenham. The concierge made my life so simple. Taxis to and from the game were great value and were waiting for us both for leaving and coming back.

One of our guests arrived late with a sickly son in tow. He told me afterwards that the staff could not have been more supportive.

I will come back here with my wife as the location is great. Not the hectic business of London but with good restaurants and bars. You have the opportunity to take the Long Walk from Windsor castle along a broad boulevard.

Tip. For that special person take one of their winter warmer weekend breaks. These are priced for those of us without deep pockets.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Oontour
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with your colleagues and the team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon with your wife!

Warm regards

Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed in one of the hotel's 'featured double rooms' and I was very pleased. The room was clean, spacious, quiet (even though it faced the road), beautiful and classy.
The bathroom had a heated floor and a large bathtub with a separate shower. The tub was so nice to unwind in after a day of walking around. There was also a heated towel rack. What more could you ask for in the bathroom?
Bottled water was provided and room service was quick. The hotel has a nice bar area that makes cappuccinos very well.
We had the full English breakfast and I couldn't eat it all as it was huge!
The staff were very helpful and I would not hesitate to go back as I was very impressed and I am very fussy about where I stay. I also plan to check out other MacDonald hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Pishaq
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit, in particular your room and facilities, service from the team and your breakfast experience. We appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here overnight for a weekend at Legoland.
It's in a great spot, right in the centre of town. Easy walk to the shops and restaurants but you wouldn't want to stray too far from the hotel. The accommodation is great, from the quality of the amenities to the toys in the room for the kids. Thoughtful little touches like games for the kids was appreciated.
And the food in the restaurant was good, something for everyone and the service was very friendly.
Breakfast was great too. Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your recent stay with your family.

I was delighted to note that you had such an enjoyable stay - we look forward to welcoming you back!

Sevenoaks
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am particularly fussy when it comes to hotels so i was delighted with the Macdonald at Windsor.
My partner and I stayed for one night last week and the service was superb, right through from the valet parking, check-in and check out.
The room was perfectly clean, bed was super comfortable and the room was delightful with a view of the Castle.
The only thing that let it down was the "southern fried chicken" in the restaurant. That was overpriced and average quality.
If you want a great hotel, with terrific service in the centre of Windsor, I would highly recommend this. Just avoid the fried chicken in the restaurant!

Room Tip: Upgrade to Superior room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve M
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Macdonald Windsor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to learn that you were impressed with the hotel overall, however may I apologise for your disappointment with the southern fried chicken dish you experienced in the restaurant. I would like to assure you that I have discussed your feedback with our Head Chef, who has asked especially to be associated with my apology. A review is underway with the team to ensure that any similar lapses cannot be repeated and I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention.

Thank you for the recommendation - we do hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Have to say this Hotel and Restaurant are first class !
Great Location
The staff are all very friendly and the food ( Lemon Sole ) is great value and amazing !
Parking underground is separate and quite costly so be careful ( Lots of public car parks though )
Well done keep up the high standards

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ken L
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit your review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly your dining experience. Please be assured that I have passed your comments to them, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We appreciate such a helpful review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.