Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
3,034 results
All reviewsvalet parkingcupcakesopposite the castlelovely hotelcar parkhigh streetperfect locationcooked breakfastmini barweekend breakwould highly recommend this hotellovely touchexecutive roomfantastic staylovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Did use the hotel parking and whilst not cheap was well worth the convenience...a few steps to the rear entrance. Check in was easy and the concierge was helpful. Had asked for a quiet room and certainly got that up on the 5th floor. Room was lovely. Didnt eat in the hotel as so much choice on the doorstep. Watched the changing of the guard from the front door - impressive!

Stayed: April 2012
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Aly A,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for such a positive review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Wonderful hotel, location, rooms and service. One of the best breakfast I had in years

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear morghi76,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your breakfast experience and the service you received from the team. We appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My girlfriend treated me to a weekend in this hotel for my birthday. All I can say is what a fantastic choice she made. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and left on Monday and I honestly couldn't say a bad word about anything. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all polite, very smart and clearly took great pride in their work. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Saturday evening and I must say the food was superb, as was breakfast on both mornings. The hotel is slap bang in the middle of the High Street opposite the Castle which is perfect.

Having introduced my girlfriend to Horse racing(and her liking it) I look forward to many more stays at this hotel and trips to Windsor races!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard V
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Richard V,

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Treated my wife to a night's stay in the feature suite with our own balcony overlooking the castle. Apart from the most beautifully laid out and really tastefully decorated suite, the outstanding things about this hotel are it's staff and it's decor. Right from the moment we dropped our car off at the valet car park we were greeted with genuine courtesy and friendliness. This continued at reception, dinner and even the young girl who brought us our breakfast the next morning in our room had such a warm smile and wished us a great day. The hotel is an oasis of tranquility and I loved its low moody lighting and furnishings. And you only have to step outside its front doors and you're right in the thick of Windsor high street with its shops and gorgeous castle backdrop. The hotel is reasonably priced and our steaks in its restaurant Caley's were divine. Truly one of the finest hotels I've stayed in and even though we live only 30 minutes drive away, we'll be back soon.
Oh and when the car park valet presented us with our car back they had even cleaned the windscreen for us.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank santryman

Dear santryman,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, the décor of the hotel, your restaurant experience and the service you received from the team. We appreciate such a helpful review.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

From start to finish we were treated like royalty and only a few steps from where royalty live at Windsor castle. We used their on site parking facilities which was remarkable value and well worth doing.We were checked quickly into our room even though we were 2 hours early and nothing was too much trouble-within minutes the concierge had printed off train times and routes for our trip into London the next da,y and dropped it to our room. The staff were remarkable-I have never known such attention and manners and was in awe at how hard they worked to make our stay a very memorable experience. The breakfasts were lovely, and we ate a meal in the restaurant the first night which was incredible-the steak was to die for!! The hotel itself is relatively new so everything is modern and incredibly fresh looking-the lobby/bar area is beautiful with candles lighting the tables at night and lovely log affect fires during the days. You can easily get comfortable sitting there all day, but with Windsor castle on your door step and some beautiful shops and restaurants, then you are forced to vacate the peace and calm of the Macdonald Windsor hotel and escape into the hustle and bustle of Windsor! The location is fantastic-the change of guard goes right past the front door and you are 2 minutes walk to the castle and all the shops, and only a 5 minute walk to the train station which takes you to London in about 40 minutes.Worth a mention is the Drury House restaurant serving lovely home made food-the steak and kidney puddings were delicious. After a busy day in Windsor or London then our room was a place of relaxation with all the amenities you would expect plus large screen TV, many channels and a fantastic,huge walk in shower room. I cannot fault the hotel at all-everything by far exceeded my expectations and I just can't wait to go back and take all our family with us this time. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so incredible.

Room Tip: We were 4th floor so views over roof tops to the castle. Request high floor room!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jo M M,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the parking facilities, your restaurant experience and the service you received from the team. We appreciate such a helpful review.