“As Hotels should be!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Harlington, United Kingdom
“As Hotels should be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

With 3 children our "honeymoon" was always going to be quite short. The McDonald Hotel in Windsor was exceptional in not only thier regonition of the reason for our stay but also in thier general attentiveness and service. Every member of staff had a smile and without being too conspicuous were always there to ask if we needed anything or indeed if what we did have was to our satisfaction. The food in the restaurant was of a very high standard and on the occaision that we did require an ammendment to our order, it was undertaken quickly and without fuss. Every area of the hotel was pristine and spotless and in all we couldn't fault anything. Thank you to all and have a lovely Christmas and New Year..

4 Thank Nick C
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Nick C,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel – congratulations again on your wedding!

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the helpfulness of the staff. Please be assured that I have passed your comments to them, as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Beverley Molmans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
North East England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

I have stayed at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel twice in the last three weeks. The hotel is very good for business or pleasure. It is centrally located and the decor is great. The restaurant is wonderful for breakfast or dinner and the staff are efficient, cheerful and absolutely honest. I know that because on my first stay, I left a pair of trousers in the wardrobe with a significant amount of Euros in the pocket. On my second trip, I was given back my trousers and the Euros. Thank you so much to everyone at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel. I look forward to seeing you again in 2012.

5 Thank George B
Dear George B,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the location of the hotel, the décor and the service you experienced from the team - thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

We hope to welcome you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel when you are next planning to visit Windsor.

Knowle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in December and was really impressed with the standard of the rooms, and the hotel in general. The only criticism we had was that our executive room did not have a bath despite having both a shower room and bathroom. When you have paid over £160 you would think you would get a bath.

The location was great for Windsor and whilst the valet parking is expensive at £25 a night it is worth doing. The guys doing this thankless job were great and so helpful.

Breakfast was good apart from the toast. Not toasted enough and if you ask for boiled eggs no 'hot toast' as they put it arrives! But I am being picky here!

Overall a great stay, lovely hotel and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath as most have showers
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear LordKixley,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel following your stay with us.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay overall, particularly the standard of the room and hotel, however may I sincerely apologise for your disappointment with some of the aspects of your stay.

I appreciate your constructive feedback, which will certainly be taken on board, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in December 2011 for work meeting & Christmas party. Fantastic location in the centre of the high street, surrounded by shops, the castle and the River Thames. The hotel apparently used to be a John Lewis but you can't tell. The renovation is beautiful, a lot of thought has gone into the decor and furnishings, particularly the gorgeous walk-in showers and sky.ights in the rooms. This was the quietest hotel I have ever slept in, despite it being very full. Staff were polite and the valets and bellboys in particular were fantastic. Only downside of the hotel is the conferencing facilities - one single mixed toilet on a floor with 3 conference rooms - and the dining facilities: although delicious and well-presented, main courses were miniscule and not enough portions were available for large groups. For long meetings the rooms were not cleaned or cleared during breaks, meaning you we sitting amongst dirty cups and debris all day. But this is a minor point and easily rectified. Refreshments and snacks were excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family, or to tourists with high standards!

Room Tip: Some of my colleagues got suites and bathrooms with marble baths, you could ask but actually I was v...
Dear Kitty548,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel following your recent stay. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay overall, particularly the decor and the room facilities, and thank you for such a helpful review.

I was sorry to note that you were disappointed with some of the conference aspects of your stay. Please be assured that I will share your constructive feedback with the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

As someone who frequently travels on business, I found this hotel a pleasure to stay in. Warm welcome at Reception and very comfortable bedroom with lots of extra touches e.g. slippers, still water. Central location on High Street opposite the Castle. Food was the downside for me - had room service macaroni cheese (very bland) and knickerbocker glory (made with synethic cream and poor quality ice cream); cooked breakfast did not have much variety e.g. giant portobello mushroom (not everyone's taste). Nevertheless, service, both room and restaurant, was excellent - very attentive staff. I will return but hope they will have revisted the breakfast menu by then to offer a bit more choice.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Andrew40,

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay overall, however may I sincerely apologise for your disappointment with the standard of food you experienced in the restaurant. I would like to assure you that this is in no way reflective of our usual standards of service and please be assured that I have discussed your comments with our Head Chef, who has asked especially to be associated with my apology. A programme of retraining is underway with the team.

We hope that despite the shortfall you experience, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel last weekend to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. From the moment we entered the elegant reception, we knew we were in for a lovely stay. The staff were exceptionally friendly, polite and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. The room was cosy, warm, clean and very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant one evening and had a first class meal at similar cost to restaurants close by. The breakfast was well worth the money and set us up for wonderful days sightseeing in historic Windsor and Eton. I understand that the hotel went through a major refurbishment last year, and they did a beautiful job. The decor is warm and calming, immediately relaxing you. The furniture is very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again and, this being my first stay in a Macdonald Hotel, I will also look first to see if one of their hotels are in other parts of Britain that I may be visiting, and I would choose them again over other hotel chains.

4 Thank Ceri B
Dear Ceri B,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Windsor Hotel – congratulations again on your anniversary!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

Stayed here for a 2 day business meeting and I thought it was great. The decor throughout was very good and the rooms were modern and well equipped.

The breakfast was very good with a continental style buffet and then warm food cooked to order.

The buffet lunch was rather sparce so that needs looking at. Meeting facility was good.

Parking very steep at £25 per day.

So would certainly stay here again either for business or as a tourist in Windsor thanks to its excellent location opposite the castle.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Neale1810
Dear Neale1810,

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay overall, particularly the location, decor and the room facilities, and thank you for such a helpful review.

Please be assured that I will share your constructive feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Macdonald Windsor Hotel in the very near future.