“Not all that it would seem from the reviews”
Review of Dee & Steve's B&B

Dee & Steve's B&B
Ranked #15 of 24 Windsor B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2013

You get the warmest of welcomes Dee and Steve’s that you can be assured of, however it is by far from the best B&B at I have stayed in, for the same money and location, I was very disappointed.

The single room was very small, the bed was placed under the slopping roof in the attic of the house, which ensured that every time you got up you banged your head, the window was in the roof with a blind which did not block any light out and might as well not have been there.

The kettle was on the floor, hidden behind the set of drawers, nowhere to plug in the laptop let alone work, no chair, a cramped room with a basin.

The bathroom was tired and need of update, the shower was terrible and dirty, the carpet on the floor was wet from other peoples use, not nice, I personally hate carpet in a bathroom.

Breakfast was around the breakfast bar in the kitchen, you watched the lady cook in front of you, not for me, the lack of sausages was annoying.

Sorry but this is an experience that I will not be repeating, simple problems which could be easily put right but they owners seem to have slipped into auto pilot and forgotten that we are now in the 21st century.

Room Tip: do not book the single room in the attic
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CTHTravelUK

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Half the pleasure of B&B's is meeting the people who run them. Dee and Steve were both marvellous. Our room was small - but they always are in British B& B's. The food was great, and we were just a 10-minute walk from the castle - and also a 2-minute walk to some local pubs.
Would recommend it in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Donalda W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went there at beginning of august, during the Olympics. The location is very good, you can participially be anywhere in Windsor in ~ 5 minutes.
The rooms are small, but we did not expected more from a B&B. You have you bathroom in the room, which was good. Some rooms does not have a door to the bathroom (our did not have) so if you have a problem with this...
The room is for sleep only (no space for other things) but hey, who goes to Windsor to stay in the room. I would recommend choosing a room which is not in direct link with the lobby/breakfast area, because it can be a bit noisy in the morning or in the evenings.
Apart from that, the owners are extremely friendly, great help including getting there from the airport, so a very nice stay.
For a B&B I would definitely recommend it for a short stay. (few days)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were very fortunate to stay at Dee and Steves for a few days over the Olympic period. Dee is wonderful, warm and kind. We were given an exceptionally clean room, it was compact and bijou but totally adequate. Due to an early event on the first morning we would be leaving before the alotted breakfast time, dee very kindly left out cereals and toast etc. The B & B is a perfect location for exploring Windsor with the city being just a 3 min walk. Parking isnt really an issue, we were able to drop our bags then drive to the end of a short street, turn left and if you continue about 50 yards across the lights and under the bridge you will arrive at a very reasonable long stay carpark, which sits right next to the river. We only paid £12 for the whole weekend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

To be fair I had quite a high expectation of this B&B based on the previous reviews but on arrival I was a little disheartened, for example the room I stayed in was probably a 1* standard at best. I think there are other rooms available so perhaps I'm being a bit unkind however, for the price in this area please manage your expectations - it was adequate for a night. All told it was clean if rather tired, though the double bed was comfortable enough, the owner (Dee) was very helpful and friendly and I am sure they try to accommodate your needs. You will enjoy a freshly cooked breakfast (made by Ann) where you sit with the other guests around the breakfast bar - so if you’re not the social type this might not be for you. Parking is an issue on Oxford Road (like most of Windsor) and you find that it is all allocated to residents so you have to park in a nearby car park. Please note that this is not a VAT registered business and they do not take cards which is a pain if you are on business expenses: flip side, just remember these are decent people trying to earn a living in these difficult times (I believe that they also run a glazing business too). I can't comment on the clientele at the weekend but during the week I would say this is not really a couples or family place but more for solo business and contractors. I think that is a fair comment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank richard h
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at Dee & Steve's for one night on my way to a conference. It was easy to find - as long as you go the right way, it's about 5 minutes from Windsor Castle (via. the coach park!), and the room was clean and tidy, with all the bits and pieces I'd expect at the price. The toilet and bathroom were almost next door, and again very clean. The best bit, however, was the breakfast - it's a bit unusual, in that there's no actual dining room. Guests sit around a breakfast bar in what's effectively the kitchen/diner of the house, and get breakfast cooked to their exact specification. It was hot, made with quality ingredients, and perfectly cooked - as good as any B&B breakfast I've ever had!

As far as Windsor itself is concerned, it would be a bit unfair to judge because it never stopped raining - hard! - while I was looking around. The castle is beautiful, there's plenty of restaurants and cafes, lots of shopping (including a very good Waterstones), and a great shopping centre built into the station), and things to do - the City Sightseeing bus is particularly recommended.. Overall, a good place to stay if you want to near the centre of town, and you're on a budget - and that breakfast is worth its weight in gold!

Room Tip: I only saw one room - but it was clean, tidy, and well maintained. I don't have any reason to be...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Adeythom
Reviewed June 2, 2012

One plus of staying here before our flight back to the US is that Dee made arrangements with a taxi company they use, and we were picked up at the door, right on time, by a neatly dressed and friendly young man in what I believe he said was a Mercedes. Not your average taxi by a long shot but yet very reasonably priced.

Breakfast is served at a U-shaped counter right in the kitchen, around which all the guests sit. What a great way to interact with other travelers as well as with Dee, Steve and Anne, who cooked us a wonderful breakfast to order. A nice fresh fruit bowl was also supplied.

I wasn't so crazy about the room as there was no door on the en-suite. I sometimes like a little privacy even though I am traveling with my husband. There was nothing special about the room but, in general, it was a good place to stay. The friendly atmosphere and willingness to please made up for the ordinary room

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple