“Excellent Roast - Best in the Area - Owen is the best barman in Berkshire”
Review of The Alma

The Alma
Ranked #16 of 248 Restaurants in Windsor
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You'll find The Alma just 5 minutes walk from Windsor town centre tucked away on a charming Victorian red brick terraced lined street. We are a traditional English pub serving a range of beers, ales, fine wines and great food....The size of our portions are legendary. We also have the largest beer garden in Windsor, great for those hot summer days and evenings, should we see them! We are conveniently located for Heathrow, the M4 and the M25. The Alma is full of antiques and collectable's including: furniture, paintings, pictures, mirrors, ceramics and interesting knick-knacks We also have a collection of rare film posters and are constantly adding interesting and unusual items to The Alma. It's like pubs used to be and, in our opinion, should be.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a great pub with the best roast in the county in my opinion. The setting is great with friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere as well as a decent selection of beers. The food is amazing and it is very reasonably priced.

The bar staff are very helpful but a special mention goes to Owen as he is great.

Helen M, Owner at The Alma, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hi Chrisgoody,

Thank you for your comments, not as much as our favourite man Owen!! We love him too!!

Our Sunday roasts are a fave for me too, I can never decide on which meat....beef, pork, lamb or when I am being good Chicken!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

food is tastey. roast dinners are enormous, lovely choice of food, can be nice and spicy especially the wings !! hot hot hot

Hi Cutey_11,

My favourite word in the world is Awesome, I love it, so to hear you use it describing the Alma makes me smile!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review and hope to see you again for more wings!! yum yum.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Popped in the Alma last night for a pint with a friend. I had not seen the Manager, Owen, for a few months since my last visit to the Alma. He immediately recognised me and gave me a smile and asked how I was. A shame I could not have food as I have heard lots of good things about the new menu but always a pleasure to see Owen when having a drink at the Alma

Hi EmmelineWindsor,

Owen is here so much I think he's the boss too, but shush don't tell everyone he'll get a big head.....he he

He is such a great person and so sincere, he knows everyone and everything in Windsor, we are lucky to have him!

Yes please do have some food with us next time, we just launched a new menu yesterday so come in to try our some of our Homemade favourite's, like Haddock and chips or Buffalo chicken wings if you fancy a bit of spice!

See you again,

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

The bar staff are fantastic in particular Owen. Not only does he have a friendly approach nothing is too much trouble. They accommodate children and dogs. Definitely recommend this place!! :)

Hi NatalieGrice14,

Owen is a GOD. FACT. We love him too!

Thank you for your lovely words, I know he is proud to see his name on here. It means alot.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Well done to Helen for properly writing a detailed answer to Marc51, what a sad life he muct lead, The Alma is a great little local and Helan and Danny do their utmost to satisfay customers, and for this person to leave such feedback is incrediable, what more did he expect Helen to do, she changed his food, discounted his bill, played with children, Hello !! some people expect just toooooo much from a local pub, Fortuanately for us The Alma is a good pub, and you know I guess Helen and Danny propbably would not loose any sleep if this person ever came back back,
or if he did perhaps he might,just might be in a better frame of mind to adjust a place properly, and take out his hang-ups on a lady doing her utmost to everone's expierience in the alma a happy one

Hi Watcher1,

Thank you, and I may I say thank you again!

How lovely are you to take the time to read our reviews and my responses! I write from the heart and so sometimes can be too protective, but we all love it here so much it cuts deep when we see a 1* rating.

Look forward to having you back in any time! x

Helen and Danny