“Absolutely Dire”

Lillibet's,The Great British Cafe
Ranked #186 of 253 Restaurants in Windsor
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I wish I’d checked trip advisor before going into this place. Service appallingly slow. Bacon sandwich consisted on 2 slices bacon and white bread - came uncut. One cup of tea £2.80 (much cheaper in the smart Royal Windsor shopping area cafes), and took three requests to arrive. The toilets are dirty beyond belief. Don’t even think about going there as a previous reviewer said this is a contender for the worst cafe in the UK.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

From the outside this cafe looks good with a window full of cakes. One would think a traditional English cafe in royal Windsor would be a delight to eat at. Not so, order a cream tea, a English speciality and you get 1 dry scone, 1 butter portion and a small portion of clotted cream, not to mention some marmalade!!! Unfortunately it gets worse, my daughter spotted that the clotted cream was 11 days out of date! After my wife complained we got some in date clotted cream which resembled melted butter. After complaining again the rude 'manager' said they didn't keep the cream in the fridge. I am sure the local EHO would be happy with this also! (Not) We agreed to pay for our drinks, but not the scones etc. But ask for a refund here and you suddenly become a invisible alien. After some time the rude 'manager' supposedly refunded my wife's card, but we later found she had charged us again! £24 for 2 teas a hot chocolate and a bottle of orange juice! On leaving this place they were still serving the out of date clotted cream. I cannot say what I really think of this place because I don't think it would be printed!!
Eat and drink here at your own peril.
4 very agitated customers.

1  Thank jwc282
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited for a bite to eat recently, it was ok, Panini sandwich was a bit dry, was nice to sit outside in the sun, but £20 for 2 sandwiches and a tea was a bit pricey, wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The toilet paper in the ladies room was on the wet floor, there was an overflowing trash bin in the corner, and there was no soap or hand towels. If customers can’t wash their hands, then how can staff??? Mediocre food, and I had no interest in eating after I saw the disgustingness of the bathroom!

1  Thank Nora C
Reviewed May 12, 2018

This is in a prime setting, but the staff are so rude and the service is so bad - they don't deserve custom. Go elsewhere. Nothing positive to say about this place.

1  Thank TJB333333