“Average”

Viceroy of Windsor
Ranked #66 of 244 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Grill, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An eloquent and dynamic Indian tandoori restaurant centralised within the Windsor Town Centre besides the Trinity Church and East Berkshire College. A local favourite, this restaurant has been serving both locals and tourists alike since 1987. With an intimate yet spacious atmosphere along with over 100 readily available seats the Viceroy remains the best Indian restaurant in Windsor. Our award winning food has won numerous awards including Best Indian Restaurant in South East England by both the Asian Catering Federation and the British Curry Awards. Furthermore, we have constantly been selected as one of the top 200 Indian Restaurants within the entire United Kingdom.
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

First time in Windsor with friends so first time in this restaurant. The venue itself is rather smart, and the service is good, friendly and welcoming. Maitre d' recommended Shukram Chicken, a chef's speciality. Three of us plumped for it, but I was disappointed. Plenty of chillies, but lacking in body in the same way that a wine can lack body. A good dosing of salt helped. Also pricier than the Indian/Bangla fare I am used to in the Midlands, and certainly not as tasty.

• Visited July 2014

Fleet, United Kingdom
“A firm favorite”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Been coming here for well over ten years and have fond memories
Food is standard affair, but what I like is the service
I simply cannot stand coriander, but love curries of all sorts and so it can be challenging for me when we eat out and I crave Indian food
This place know me well enough now to ensure there's no additional coriander I the dishes - they know how to make you feel special
I always bring my friends and business associates from overseas here
Love it

Visited September 2013
1 Thank j100lok
Chezzy
“Very good.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Well what can I say. To start I don't like any of the food, anything that is spicy I don't like. I like to make curries etc for my family but I cannot eat them.
The owner did try to entice me with various things he made for me to try. Alas still don't like. I had a dessert instead whilst my family had various things from the menu.
The place was very clean, have to admit I did find it a little expensive, but they were very busy when we left at about 8.30pm.
We would go again but for me it would be another dessert.
They do do omelette for chiildren so maybe that will be for me the next time.
Son has been on more than one occasion and still enjoys going there.
Staff are friendly and it is very clean.
I will mark this meal as my family as to do it from me would be wrong because I don't like in general.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ChezzySuzieblue
Windsor, United Kingdom
“So So..”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

They service is very good. The food is somewhat bland however. There are better Indian restaurants in Windsor and at a better price. We've been twice but I wouldn't be in a rush to return. The mains didn't taste of much other than chilli heat and garlic. It certainly wasn't terrible but....average I would have to say.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank GRBUK
Denmark
“Authentic”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I've had dinner at this restaurant a couple of times and would go again. The menu is quite extensive, a large variety of curries, portions fair and it has an authentic taste (as far as I can say, never having been to India...). I'd suggest updating of the decor and not the least the lighting (purple'ish...) and the walk to the loo downstairs is a bit odd and dingy. Then it would make it a five star review for me.

• Visited March 2014