“Nice food and excellent chef.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Viceroy of Windsor
Ranked #52 of 243 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Grill, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An eloquent and dynamic Indian tandoori restaurant centralised within the Windsor Town Centre besides the Trinity Church and East Berkshire College. A local favourite, this restaurant has been serving both locals and tourists alike since 1987. With an intimate yet spacious atmosphere along with over 100 readily available seats the Viceroy remains the best Indian restaurant in Windsor. Our award winning food has won numerous awards including Best Indian Restaurant in South East England by both the Asian Catering Federation and the British Curry Awards. Furthermore, we have constantly been selected as one of the top 200 Indian Restaurants within the entire United Kingdom.
London, United Kingdom
“Nice food and excellent chef.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

There food is nice and enjoyable.I went there many time's and never had problem's.The restaurant is next to church and windsor castle.

• Visited December 2012
8 Thank IcanMakeYouRich

Lisbon, Portugal
“Food poisoning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We ordered a take away meal on Saturday 19th January for 2 people which took 30 mins - no problem with that.
We enjoyed the meal but can say that it was not the best ever enjoyed from an Indian Takeaway in England.
In the middle of the night I started to suffer cramps and nausea with all the accompanying results.
My partner did not feel the effects until mid morning but he has suffered longer than I.
This may be a lapse in cleanliness but be warned. I plan to email the operators of this restaurant direct to inform them of this diabolical result which was the night before our 12 hour flight to South Africa for a wildlife safari - thanks guys.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mariannehoyymanana
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Not as good as some say!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Visited this reastaurant back in Decemeber 2012 for a work party after it was recommended to us. What a disappointment it was!
I have been to many indian reastaurants like my collegues have and can easily judge what is good and what is not. I have found the curry to be pretty non-authentic, I could almost say that a curry from a supermarket jar would taste far better! I put up with it with the soothinmg taste of Kingfisher which on that night was the tastiest.
I could hear from some of my other colleagues that they too thought the food was rather plain, which is a shame but one thing for sure is that we won't be returning!

• Visited December 2012
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“you can judge a curry house byt the quality of the lime pickle and...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

i would go to this restaurant again - staff and service was good

the lime pickle was good - which i use as the barometer at the start of the meal to set my expectation of the quality of food to come.

I opted for the chicken jalfrezi for the main - this was great . hot and with whole birdseye chillis - just what i like

overall a good expereince and reasonable priced in my opionion

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank martinfjlewis
London
“Our Favourite Indian In Windsor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Whenever work colleagues are visiting this is the place we take them. Originally chosen for location, close to a friend's place it has become a tradition.

The staff are friendly, funny and attentive and they don't rush you, so if you are short of time let them know.

I have always found the food of a good quality and tasty and there is a nice atmosphere. It is probably more catered toward the British Indian taste but I'm not an expert and everyone leaves full and happy.

• Visited September 2012