“Good food!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Good food!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been to this restaurant quite a few times now...
Each time our food is excellent and we have tried pretty much everything on the set menu.
We've taken my teenage son too and he reckons the burgers are one of the best he's had. A two course set lunch even satisfies his hunger needs, despite his 'hollow legs' ;-)
Although not always obvious and on occasion we've had to ask for it, the set course lunch menu is excellent value.
We've always found the staff attentive and have gladly given us jugs of water. I hate it when expensive bottled water is presumed by waiters...
Disabled toilet facilities are excellent and there are two disabled spaces by the front door. My only grumble is that the disabled parking signs need to be reprinted and made more apparent. Wheelchair access is also excellent.
Would recommend booking at busy times.
Can sometimes wait a while for food to be delivered due to it being cooked fresh.

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Once a month!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Well worth the 45 minute journey for us at the weekend. The food and service are always spot on. One of the main reasons for going is because they serve oysters and yes we have a Loch Fyne in Winchester but who wants to go to the city when there's a good country pub to enjoy! In the summer you can sit outside and plane and car watch, it's fun! I like the fish and crustacean bar oh and kids eat free on Sundays. What's not to like :)

Bagshot, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Fairly slow service but it was very busy. Excellent fish dishes all round. Better value With the discount voucher.

England
“Very good food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Have been eating here twice a month and each time we go we can not fault the food, with a varied menu we have tried the burger and Chips and various fish halibut was excel land the fish and chips are equally good . Staff are well organised and very friendly .

• Visited January 2013
Surrey
“Never had a bad meal here”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went here over Xmas (been many times before also to Wokingham and Reading over the years). It was the first time I had been with my other half as seem to have only been for girly or work lunches in the past.

It was relaxed in there and I have always liked the fact that you can see the food prep being done.

I had the crab ravioli starter, my boyfriend had the potted mackerel. For main I had hake with hollandaise sauce and he had fish and chips - we also ordered the mussels and prawn extras and the prawns were really really good! so sweet! Mussels were lovely and big too. Everything we ate was perfectly cooked. Simple food nicely done.

Puddings were lovely (creme brulee). We ate far to much, but it was Christmas so that makes it okay in our book!

The staff were really knowledgeable about the food and recommended a good white wine. In a chain restaurant I sometimes find that process is of more interest to a waiter/waitress than customer service - definitely not the case here. Really welcoming, staff are consistently good and I have never had a bad meal here - based on at least 5 visits.

Visited December 2012