“Delightful cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Delightful cafe”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Came for afternoon tea. Good value with choice of sandwich, two fresh scones and a lovely hot chocolate. Too much food to finish for £10 a head. Very friendly service; I'll certainly go back.

• Visited January 2014
Cafeowner57, Owner at The Chocolate Theatre Co Ltd, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thanks so much for your lovely review . We look forward to welcoming you back again soon .
Thank you for taking the time to write to us - it's always lovely to hear what our customers
Have to say about our cafe; our customer service ; and the quality of our food .

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Windsor's Best Tearoom ”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

As a local it almost pains me to recommend this place lest it becomes overrun. It's slightly tucked away and doesn't rip off tourists like so many other places. It does a few things and it does them extremely well: breakfasts, sandwiches the best hot chocolate in the UK and amazing cakes and afternoon tea. It's small and cramped but sit outside or get takeaway and have a stroll along the river or sit on the bridge and watch the world go by. Brilliant.

Cafeowner57, Owner at The Chocolate Theatre Co Ltd, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments . We are now entering our 15th year of business and, like you say , although our cafe is not the largest in Windsor, we do pride ourselves on the importance we place on customer care , using quality ingredients and giving good value for money . We always produce the best food and drinks we possibly can using fresh, and in many cases , locally produced ingredients, all within the constraints of the space available to us ! From our small kitchen , our dedicated and hygienically conscientious team produce freshly prepared homemade soups, sandwiches, light platters & patisseries - with our speciality being hot chocolate drinks made with Real chocolate . With over 20 different types to choose from there is sure to be everyone's favourite somewhere on our list. We have many local loyal customers, many of whom we know on first name terms & we welcome tourists from further afield also . Once again thank you for your reviews, and we look forward to welcoming you with a smile sometime soon :-)
Windsor, United Kingdom
“A great place to eat”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Have been coming here for over 7 years as I work very close by and is always my first choice when deciding where to go for lunch.

The food is always great and the service is brilliant, all of the employees are very friendly and helpful.

Their menus vary depending on the time of year which makes it more interesting then going to places with a fixed menu, I would get a bit bored of eating the same thing everyday and I do not have this problem here.

If you visit, I would recommend trying their chocolate and also their cakes which is made by the owner who is a master chocolatier.

• Visited December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review . We are pleased that you enjoy visiting us . We do always try to update our menus ; because , like you say, people like to see a change from time to time and seeing the same food on a menu can get a bit tedious. We pride ourselves in the quality of the ingredients we use and always try to source locally produced ingredients wherever possible . All our fabulous hot chocolate drinks are made using real Belgium/German chocolate and there are many to choose from . We look forward to seeing you again and offering you service with a smile . Once again thank you for your review .
Marlow
“Cream Tea”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I took a friend here for a cream tea to celebrate her birthday and I have to say I was rather disappointed. The service was very attentive and the food was pleasant, but unfortunately there was an overwhelming smell of chip fat that pervaded the cafe. Also, my experience of afternoon cream tea has always been a pretty display of tasty little sandwiches and fancy cakes, plus scones, cream & jam. With this one, we simply chose a round of sarnies off the menu, followed by two scones, cream & jam. As I say, the food was tasty, but overall, the experience was rather disappointing.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Suzanne1510
Melbourne, Australia
“Love it, amazing little caffe!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had there the best carrot cake in my life, love the hot chocolates, I highly recommend to visit this lovely coffee shop. The staff are very attentive and very nice. I love to visit them again very soon :)

• Visited November 2013