“Good little DIY Bed & Breakfast”

Alma House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 22 Windsor B&B and Inns
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Good little DIY Bed & Breakfast”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

For £50 per night single room Alma House offers an ideal base for a lone businessman/traveller. The room is quite small, but clean and comfortable with a good-sized flat-screen freeview TV over the bed and free WiFi. Breakast is a DIY affair with toast, muffin, cereal, juice, tea & coffee all in room. I haven’t seen the double rooms but I can’t see there being any problems with these.

The bathroom is large and well-appointed with a good shower and sunken bath. Not too far from the town centre, you may be able to park on the drive or overnight on a meter for under a pound. Traffic getting out of Windsor in morning rush hour can be slow.

All-in-all, a good base and one I know use regularly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great location off M1, accommodation excellent , staff very friendly and helpfully , rooms perfect for my stay and very clean and tidy , I will be back to stay for sure , Thankyou all for a super stay

Room Tip: Alma guest suite and room no 4 for a single traveller
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nelson62502
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our family of five stayed at Alma House in October. Having made our reservation online, we were pleased with our choice,and the accommodation standards far exceeded what we thought we might arrive to. The room was spacious (and we had a lot of luggage as we were travelling for five weeks to six different countries), clean, bathroom was excellent with fluffy, soft towels and a powerful shower! Alma House is conveniently located to Windsor township, being a three minute walk - very convenient to restaurants, shops and the castle. Staff were friendly, and answered questions via email before I made our reservation. We were able to park off street and literally at our door. Alma House was definitely one of the best B&B\'s my husband & I have stayed at in the UK. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn D
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Good situation, easy to find, and a few minutes walk from the town centre. Staff were very friendly and the room was clean and nicely furnished. Rooms accessed through a seperate door from the main house so access was no problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friend booked us in for an overnight stay in Winchester after our usual accomodation was fully booked. They had a triple room, I had a single. Although the single was definately "compact and bijoux" it was very comfortable, well furnished, clean and the bathroom was actually bigger than then bedroom and have a very nice shower and sunken bath! The triple room had a double and bunk bed in and table chairs for breakfast with a julliet balcony. Although no cooked breakfast was offered, cereal, bread for toast, coffee and tea plus a yummy chocolate muffin and fruit are provided in the room. We all had an excellent stay and will return again next year!

Room Tip: Prebook parking and you will park on the drive, parking is limited although plentiful on the road ou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
derbyshire
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Loved this Bed and Breakfast - it was perfect for our stay in Windsor. It was a help yourself continental breakfast in your own room, which was ideal for us. It took ten minutes to walk into the centre of Windsor. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bathroom (just a shower) was very small, but that was not a problem for us.

Room Tip: We had No 2 which was a family room. Although there is parking next to the hotel, you have to leave...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I travel a lot in my work and have stayed at regular places, but after finding 'Alma House B&B' I will use no other. I had a fabulous stay, with a clean, comfortable room, with the most comfortable bed I ever slept in! The staff were so accomodating, friendly and flexible to my needs, and although a few miles further than I used to travel, I wont ever use another place to stay. it was fantastic!

Room Tip: as I've only just started using this B&B I can only say; if you ask for whatever I'm sur...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business