“Enjoyable family visit”

The Bakehouse Guest House
Ranked #1 of 21 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Although we have visited Maidenhead many times in the past as our family lives there, we had not discovered the Bakehouse before. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, Laurent was the perfect host and we looked forward to coming down to breakfast each morning, enjoying really good company and conversation - it was just like staying with a friend. We had a lovely superior room upstairs which was spanking clean and so comfortable and well equipped. We cannot praise this guest house highly enough and we do hope to return in the very near future.

Thank you Laurent (not forgetting Cecile!)

Kath and Peter T

Room Tip: Don't think you'll be able to beat the superior room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KathyandPeter
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Kathy and Peter
Thank you very much for having taken the time to review The Bakehouse. We are glad you did enjoy your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Laurent and Cecile

There are newer reviews for The Bakehouse Guest House

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Laurent does not just run a guest house. He exercises the art of perfect Hospitality, guest satisfaction and household management to a point where a guest becomes a friend that does not want to leave.. My Wife and I spent four days, during which we celebrated our wedding anniversary. Laurent and his daughter Cecile pulled out all the stops to make it an event to remember and boast about for all the years we have left. I can not add to the superlatives that others have written, only endorse every single point of excellence.. The heart of Laurent's world, his Kitchen / dining room and Office has the ambiance of a friendly farmhouse, one to which we look forward to revisiting..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EricnJoan

Dear Joan and Eric
Thank you very much for your kind review. Cécile and I are so pleased you both enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure making your wedding anniversary special for you.
We are now looking forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Maidenhead.
Best regards
Cécile and Laurent

Reviewed February 12, 2014

As I'm often travelling for my work, it can be lonely sometimes. When I'm stayin in the Bakehouse I feel like I'm home. Laurent will always warmly welcome you.
Meals are always consumed along with the other guests. What creates a pleasant atmosphere.
In the evening you can have a nice healthy dinner, accompanied with a glass of wine.
Every day a customized breakfast to your own wishes.
The rooms are spotless and the mattresses are fabulous. I always sleep like a baby :-).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Naomi C
laurent p, Manager at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Hello Naomi
Glad to read The Bakehouse is making your visits to Maidenhead the more pleasant. Thank you for having shared your experience here. I am looking forward to welcoming you back next month for few more nice meals.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Laurent sounds nice on the 'phone, and when I arrived, there's a warm greeting. The Bakehouse is in a quiet residential street 15 minutes walk from the town centre, and is completely tranquil.

My superior room upstairs has a king sized bed- incredibly comfortable and a nicely sized shower. Plenty of hanging and cupboard space, real coat hangers. Secure parking behind the property. Wifi is fast and free. The password is a great example of Laurent's sense of humour. You'll have to stay to find out.... Note that the standard rooms are a bit smaller and not all have ensuite bathrooms.

Laurent doesn't advertise, and he doesn't have to, because he has the secret of a great b&b: get the small details right. Here's my list - and I'm sure I've missed things out: Breakfast has good quality sausages and bacon; Laurent cooks for you in the large kitchen as you chat across the big table. The cupboards contain an iron, ironing board. Blackout blinds as well as curtains on the windows so if you like to sleep in you won't be woken by the light outside. Proper bottles of shampoo and shower gel instead of soppy sachets. A decent teapot that doesn't drip all over the place. Even your name on the napkin ring.

B&Bs don't come better than this.

Room Tip: Superior rooms worth the extra, but stay anyway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank avermes
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Hello Andrew
Thank you very much for such a comprehensive and generous review of The Bakehouse. I am glad you did enjoy your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back when you are next in Maidenhead.
Best regards, Laurent

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed again last weekend at The Bakehouse on a visit to our daughter's family in Maidenhead. Laurent is a superb host and the room is spotless with a fine hot shower and a very firm mattress on the bed. Laurent's breakfast is always up to the finest standards, whether he makes eggs or omelets. His French-press coffee is a wonderful starter for the day. The B&B is in a residential neighborhood just three blocks from our daughter's house and is quiet and much more restful than any hotels on major roadways. We have stayed several times over the past three years and look forward to future stays when we visit Maidenhead.
A grateful thank-you to Laurent for allowing us to stay at a time he normally does not have guests because of the holidays.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike S
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Michael and Kathleen
Thank you for your kind review. it is always a pleasure to welcome you back at The Bakehouse. I am looking forward to more good times and breakfasts with you both when you next come to visit.
Have a super 2014!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

What a warm and hospitable welcome I received. As a regular buisness traveller I had experienced yet another long flight delay. Laurent offered to cook me a meal on my arrival as the local restaurants were closed. Accompanied by a glass of wine, convivial company, not to mention a spotless room and a cooked to order breakfast - this was a 'home from home' experience that makes staying away so much more pleasurable. I would not hesitate to recommend staying at the Bakehouse and intend using it as my base in Maidenhead in future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ejohnst9
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Elaine
Thank you very much for your kind comments and matching score to the words. I am glad you've enjoyed your stay and appreciated the level of service provided at The Bakehouse.
May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy New Year and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards, Laurent

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very welcoming B&B, good home cooked breakfast and lovely soft towels. The room was spotlessly clean and the owner is very friendly and helpful. Secure, off road parking. Guests were all professional, business guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Hello Liz
Thank you for having taken the time to review The Bakehouse.
Have a lovely Christmas and see you next year.