“the bakehouse experience”

The Bakehouse Guest House
Ranked #1 of 20 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife susan along with our son mike and ula his partner were attending a family wedding at hurley.
Whilst looking for accomodation with a number of options available my instinct led me to choose The Bakehouse how right I was !!.
Perfection in all departments which is down to laurent the owner who caters for everthing from information to his wonderful breakfast kitchen environment taking time to chat while he his cooking breakfast for you and the other guests a unique a rare experience in a fast world where people loose sight of true values and the meaning of service.
If you are planning to stay in the area,JUST GO !!!.

To Laurent of behalf of my family

My sincere thanks.

Barry Sharples

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Hello Barry
I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your short stay at The Bakehouse; it also was a pleasure for me to share a good conversation with you all.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back when you want to come this way again to explore the rest of this lovely region.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for two nights at The Bakehouse while we were celebrating our honeymoon and were greatly impressed with the five star level of service. Laurent, the owner, is an excellent host and made every effort to make us feel welcome from the first moment we arrived. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed a homemade English breakfast both mornings made by Laurent himself, one of which we enjoyed on his back patio. Laurent made every effort to include thoughtful touches throughout our entire stay, including a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a thoughtful card in our room congratulating us on our honeymoon. This bed and breakfast is highly recommended and we will be staying there again the next time we are visiting in the UK!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ted and Karen
I am glad to see you reached home safely. Thank you for your kind review, I am glad you both enjoyed your stay and in particular breakfast outside... We had to make the most out of this lovely few sunny days!
I am looking forward to hearing from you should you need to come back to Oxford; I will be delighted to welcome you both back so Ted and I can work out what chemistry makes La Mere Poularde's omelette so special! :)
Until then, good luck with your plans.
Best wishes

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I booked The Bakehouse to stay during the weekend of the Henley Regatta. We could not have found a better, more accommodating place. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by the lovely Laurent, who could not do enough to assist us. From suggestions on where to eat, to well explained directions to the train station, to cooking breakfast for anytime to suit us, he ensured that the weekend was wonderful.
The breakfast is healthy, and filling, and cooked right in front of you! We honestly could not have asked for more.
The rooms are spacious and clean, with a shared bathroom with plenty of hot water and again, very clean. And there is plenty of safe parking at the back of the house.
We will definitely consider returning to The Bakehouse as Laurent truly makes it a delight to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello Joanne and Stephen
Thank you for your comprehensive review of The Bakehouse; I am glad you both enjoyed your stay. I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Maidenhead.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

You could not be made more welcome by anyone else the planet, Laurent is a perfectionist who takes great pride in his work and takes great care of his guests! Every little thing is catered for and nothing is ever too much trouble! You will not be disappointed! Everything is spotlessly clean and I for one will definitely be stopping again!! Big thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2013
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Wow, it looks like you did enjoy your stay Charlotte! Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am glad you've enjoyed your stays and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next back in Maidenhead.
Best wishes

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were attending a wedding on Monkey Island and needed a convenient B & B. This was definitely the perfect place and Laurent made us very welcome. A delicious breakfast perfectly rounded off our one night stay. I would definitely use The Bakehouse again particularly if we needed to stay near Heathrow. Off street parking in a peaceful location was a real bonus. The only downside to our room was the lack of an ensuite bathroom but good facilities were available in the corridor closeby. Overall, a great place to stay and excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Many thanks John and Jane for your kind review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your short stay and it was a pleasure having you both here. I am looking forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were on a stop over, making a flying start to a short holiday out of London. This was a lovely place with spotless rooms in a quiet street.
Our breakfast was delicious and Laurent was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Many thanks P. and D. for your kind review; I am glad you did enjoy your short stay.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had te pleasure to stay for 14 days and the bakehouse provided a warm and welcoming atmosphere Laurent 's attention to detail with with regards to all his guests makes for a very pleasent experiance. All meals are prepaired as you wait in the kitchen dining room and any special food request met without any problems whatsoever would certainly stay here again if down this way and would highly recommend the Bakehouse to anybody as i would say its better than many hotels you would stay in close by

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank linda f
laurent p, Owner at The Bakehouse Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Hello Linda
Thank you very much for your kind review. You are still greatly missed by all the regulars; we really did enjoy having dinner with you over those couple of weeks.
Best of luck with your new venture and I am looking forward to welcoming you back when you next come down this way.
Kind regards