“Excellent and welcoming”

Ranked #1 of 21 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent and welcoming”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The owner Laurent was very welcoming and my room and facilities overall were great. Tripadvisor asks for a review of quality of sleep and here, unlike a lot of other places I have stayed, I slept like a log for the two nights I stayed. The off-street parking was very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the bake house on a business trip. Laurent is a wonderful welcoming host. The bed was very comfy and the room was cosy and clean. We paid 60 for a room with a separate bathroom. You can pay a little more for ensuite but it didn't bother us as the bathroom was next door to our room. The breakfast was fantastic and totally tailored to suit our schedule and appetite. There was also secure parking at the back. We will definitely go back if we happen to be in the area again. Merci Laurent :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you like to be somewhere clean, tidy and in perfect order, then the Bakehouse is a great place for you. Laurent the proprietor has very exacting standards for himself and his guesthouse, and one felt it a kind of privilege to be able to stay there on the course of a walking holiday. We appreciated the close personal attention and the detailed guidance given as to how to gain the most from the high-quality facilities. Laurent's preparation of our cooked breakfast, as we relaxed in our appointed places at the breakfast kitchen table, was both a performance and a friendly gesture of service. And we really appreciated Laurent's lift to town to set us on our way after our peaceful night's sleep.

Room Tip: Remember that the rooms may not be en suite, and not all have wash basins. Beds are extremely comfor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Bakehouse, for 10 nights over a two week period, and can thoroughly recommend it. The accomodation is very clean and comfortable, with secure parking and a nice breakfast room. Laurent, the proprietor, is extremely welcoming and made every effort to ensure my stay was the best it could have been. I'd definitely stay there again whilst in Maidenhead!

Room Tip: The double ensuite room at the back of the house (room 7) was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have never written a review before but I had to write and recommend this establishment, no it's more a home away from home. Arrived here from USA with no idea what to expect. Was greeted by a friendly French man who put me at ease immediately. My room was so pretty and unbelievably clean nothing out of place everything perfect. The cupboard was full with everything I needed, tea, chocolates, coffee and the bathroom with it's awesome shower the best I have ever seen. My original 4 days stretched into 9 days because my elderly mother needed attention and I had to stay in the area and look after her. Laurent provided me with carpet people, furniture people, advice and concern everyday. He also provided a breakfast on my timetable and at night a dinner that hands down was better than any five star restaurant I have ever eaten at and I have eaten at a lot!

I just cannot recommend this home away from home enough. It really was a dream come true for me and I can never repay the kindness the help and understanding I received here. You should not stay anywhere else but here. It is not just a Bed and Breakfast it's an experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the top of the stairs, so pretty but every room is lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Trudy H
Reviewed September 14, 2012

a very well run establishment try it you won't b disappointed I arrived late in the evening and was in need of some food laurent the owner took charge and within 20mns I was sat eating a lovely meal the guy is amazing

• Stayed September 2012
Suffolk
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Perfect overnight stop on a 4 day cycle ride. Arrived hot and tired and we were welcomed with a cup of tea and wonderful hot shower. Very comfortable beds and spotless room and shower room. Quiet location but only a few minutes to friendly local pub. Excellent cooked breakfast and Laurent was very helpful, even cycling with us through Maidenhead so that we didn't get lost accessing the starting point of our day's ride.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidenhead
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Grovefield House
Grovefield House
#1 of 3 in Burnham
Fredrick's Hotel Restaurant Spa

Been to The Bakehouse Guest House? Share your experiences!