“Home from home!”

The Bakehouse Guest House
Ranked #1 of 20 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Bakehouse, for 10 nights over a two week period, and can thoroughly recommend it. The accomodation is very clean and comfortable, with secure parking and a nice breakfast room. Laurent, the proprietor, is extremely welcoming and made every effort to ensure my stay was the best it could have been. I'd definitely stay there again whilst in Maidenhead!

Room Tip: The double ensuite room at the back of the house (room 7) was spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have never written a review before but I had to write and recommend this establishment, no it's more a home away from home. Arrived here from USA with no idea what to expect. Was greeted by a friendly French man who put me at ease immediately. My room was so pretty and unbelievably clean nothing out of place everything perfect. The cupboard was full with everything I needed, tea, chocolates, coffee and the bathroom with it's awesome shower the best I have ever seen. My original 4 days stretched into 9 days because my elderly mother needed attention and I had to stay in the area and look after her. Laurent provided me with carpet people, furniture people, advice and concern everyday. He also provided a breakfast on my timetable and at night a dinner that hands down was better than any five star restaurant I have ever eaten at and I have eaten at a lot!

I just cannot recommend this home away from home enough. It really was a dream come true for me and I can never repay the kindness the help and understanding I received here. You should not stay anywhere else but here. It is not just a Bed and Breakfast it's an experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the top of the stairs, so pretty but every room is lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Trudy H
Reviewed September 14, 2012

a very well run establishment try it you won't b disappointed I arrived late in the evening and was in need of some food laurent the owner took charge and within 20mns I was sat eating a lovely meal the guy is amazing

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Perfect overnight stop on a 4 day cycle ride. Arrived hot and tired and we were welcomed with a cup of tea and wonderful hot shower. Very comfortable beds and spotless room and shower room. Quiet location but only a few minutes to friendly local pub. Excellent cooked breakfast and Laurent was very helpful, even cycling with us through Maidenhead so that we didn't get lost accessing the starting point of our day's ride.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here with my cycling buddy, it was excellent, safe storage for bikes, really comfortable and spotless. the Proprietor made us really welcome a nice cup of tea on arrival, fantastic breakfast, good advice on the surrounding area. Great location on a quirt street.

In the morning Laurent the proprietor took time out to cycle with us to Windsor and get us on the right road, his knoledge of the local area really enhanced are ride

I would totally recomend

Room Tip: All rooms looked fab all at back so quirt.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great place to stay, clean, comfortable. Flexible accomodating manager Laurent allowed us to come and go at some arkward times because of wedding commitments. The foodwas good and we had a great 3 days accomodation there. Would stay there again and recommend it to any of my friends and family. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Rooms are all good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends as we were eating at The Fat Duck in Bray.The Bakehouse was just a short taxi ride away.
The rooms were very clean with very comfortable beds.There was plenty of storage and a table and chair next the mirror-always a plus in my eyes.I was lucky enough to have a double room to myself which was lovely.
There were tea making facilities just outside the rooms which was a godsend in the morning to be able to have a hot drink first thing.
Laurent the owner was very friendly and extremely helpful.The cooked breakfast in the morning was lovely.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends