The Thames Hotel
$113
Agoda.com
Kingswood Hotel(Maidenhead)
$53
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
$68
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe riveritalian restaurant in the hotelfriendly hotelone night staybreakfast was includedbath showerfantastic locationwould highly recommend this hotelconvenient locationcomfy bedfull englishfat duckcar parktrevistroudsprucewindsor
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Only stayed one night - we went on a Riverboat evening cruise to Windsor & back with lots of friends and the hotel is on the doorstep of the Thames by Jenner's Landing. Sure the decor is a bit dated but the room and en-suite were clean and nice quality. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Didn't realise breakfast was included in the price - a nice surprise and a delicious full english breakfast. Will probably be doing another boat trip next year and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on Saturday 24th August 2013 whilst I was walking the Thames and was quite impressed. My previous two nights sleep were in a bunk room of an activity centre and partly on the floor / partly on a couch outside the duty free lounge of a cross-channel ferry. Don't misunderstand however - although I could have slept in a ditch filled with straw I was still in a fair mental state and am able to give a reasoned opinion of the Thames Hotel. If I have paid for a room, then I will want a good one. Agreed, there are a few things that could be a little better with the Thames Hotel - a lick of paint here and there but nothing major. Overall I thought The Thames Hotel was great value and I enjoyed a pleasant one-night stay. I would return and I would recommend it to you.

FOOD - The food in the bar was exceptionally good and I would have still been satisfied with less. The menu had plenty of good / popular food and there was plenty on the menu that I could have eaten. The Italian restaurant in the Hotel was fully booked which speaks for itself. I had breakfast at the hotel. There was a full spread of cooked items, eggs bacon, toast, mushrooms etc and cereals, milk and juices. It all looked great and my cooked breakfast was very good.

THE ROOM - I booked a single room. It was compact but perfectly adequate and above all It was clean. The bedding was very clean and crisp, the bed was comfortable and the facilities in the room were very good. There was a TV with a good selection of channels and the Tea and Coffee making facilities were nicely presented and the selection included a nice Aero Hot Chocolate too.

BATHROOM - There was no bath but a good shower and the towels, soaps and shower gels were all of good quality.

STAFF - I had a problem with my kettle, nothing major but I went to reception and within a few minutes the kettle was replaced. The people that I dealt with at reception, in the bar and the breakfast lounge were all very nice.

VENUE - The hotel is right on the Thames. (Hence the name ;-) I ate my evening meal out on the tables in front of the hotel and would happily eat all my meals out there - weather permitting.

In summary, I would, and likely will return to this hotel and would recommend it to others. The value for money was very good and I found very little to be dissatisfied with. This is a good hotel and I think it could easily be a great hotel with just some minor changes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dorian F
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Thames for a wedding in Windsor so was perfect on location (2miles from the party). We booked by phone as we wanted to check in at 10.30am due to the wedding starting early we were informed this would not be problem. On arrival we were greeted to be told check in was not til 2pm but once we explain the wedding situation we were checked in to a double on the 1st floor.

The room was small but perfect considering we were just using the hotel for a sleeping place. The wedding had an early finish so we enjoyed a drink and a pizza at the bar overlooking the river which was lovely. Price of food and drink is of a resonable price for london, and the pizzas were nice although we couldnt finish them.

Both of us found the bed too firm for our liking and as a result a restless night. However the biggest disappointment was the breakfast, with us having a 2 and a half hour journey home we both wanted something to fill us up. We arrived at 9.30am to find tables were either occupied or still waiting to be cleared. We sat at a table that had been cleared but not relayed with cutlery. There was two waitresses who seemed very busy- possibly under staff resulting in a lack of service. We wanted toast but couldnt get a word in to the waitresses as everything was running out on the buffet. I had to wait for a plate as none had been brought out. The buffet had ran out of near enough everything so more waiting around for bacon, hash browns, eggs, mushrooms but due to being so hungry I got what i could! It appeared everytime a chef brough a refill of food about 5 ot 6 people ran up to get missing items ftom their breakfast. There was no cutlery available or glasses for juice and several cuatomers had to ask for more for the staff to replace them...and only then they brough a small number out. The quality of the food was greasy and not very hot.

I woukdnt stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for one night and can only say it was perfect. the room was spotless and the view was great. would we do it again yes! thankyou andy ( think that was his name who checked us in for being so welcoming). slight minus was no scrambled eggs for breakfast and the fried had to wait for alittle to come out, seemed that that the kitchen couldn,t keep up but that is only a little thing and not enough to stop us returning

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khansmum
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Filthy carpets, terrible decor, wires hanging everywhere from Tv, chairs at desk poor, could hear every noise in corridor. I do like to support independant business but really when they are like this it's so sad. The staff were great though and tried to resolve problems but I ended up checking out after the first night as other rooms I looked at we're just as bad.

• Stayed: June 2013